Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

michalmiksatko

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
When I click on Motion Data it doesn't work. It looks like it doesn't respond at all. In store it is trying to update Motion data but it keeps failing with an error.
This is on L640

Benji Gledhill

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Been using 572 for 4-5 days, and was looking really good at first, a lot faster to get stuff done, and even the battery life was saying 1 day 15 hours on my 930 bought in August.
But now it's hopeless unless battery saver is on, and for some reason it seems to be Edge that is draining in (according to battery saver), and i have no idea why that would be. Now i can't compare with 8.1 because i've never had it on it for more thant 30 minutes ... but i would lile to think i should be getting atleast a whole day with moderate usage instead of 6 hours ...
I'm also having problems with email notifications, but that will probably sort itself out in the short come.
Also very disapointed with the way the it connects to 3g or 4g networks, even in the center of lyon it stays on full H+ when it should atleast automatically switch to 4g, used to be able to force 4g but not anymore ... But even since my Omnia 7 i've had network problems on Free.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I'm on a 1020 with the newest build and I don't get any notifications, either. Is there anything I can do, besides rolling back again?

I am afraid no. I also did not receive email notifications with this build after hard reset and restore of backup from the previous build where notifications worked. After another hard reset without restore the notifications now work again.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
It is OK for me, but still has a lot of bugs. Today the camera would hang several times while saving the last image. It would never finish until I restarted the phone (1520). Did I mention that some character keys do not work in the Edge address bar?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
After using for a while I find that it is much faster but I had less bugs in the previous version.

I can't share to all my social apps. Sharing sometimes crashes things. Messaging crashes from time to time. Line messenger won't let me download my stickers. Apps will crash from time to time when I flip to another one. When a notification comes in with a message sometimes messenger doesn't open up when I tap it. Other times when I tap it it goes to the main messenger screen rather than straight into the conversation.

Apps like Disqus won't even let me login as the password doesn't work when I try to click on it. No keyboard shows up.
Live folders don't always update properly. When you click on it the tiles are updated but when the tiles are cycling they are still out of date.

Picking photos from social apps like line was working properly last build. Now I can't share photos on it at all.

So while the speed is definitely a big improvement.

I hope that the next build will squash these bugs and keep the speed improvements.

AbstractKiller

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely loving 10572 so far - had a busy fortnight travelling with work - and my L735 is my daily driver so couldn't risk loosing use or the navigation I was reliant upon... so, had to wait until Friday to finally update. Very impressed - from the get-go it's been so much more of a smooth experience. It feels like we're gaining back some of the speed that was one of the key features of WP, but there is, of course, room for improvement. I've run all tech preview releases as a daily driver since day one of the programme (at times painful, but always do-able) and this release has put a smile back on my face after really starting to loose faith in the programme and it's direction.

Have scaling set to 175% and it looks awesome - 4 column layout finally gives me what I always wanted with live tiles - before, a wide tile was *just too much* real estate to waste on niceties like news, weather and photos - but suddenly the move from 3 to 4 columns allows you to pin wide tiles at will and really benefit from the additional information presented.

No serious bugs experienced so far...
- few apps with blurry tiles (as reported above);
- camera sometimes seems to take incredibly blurry shots (bad focus), BUT is MUCH faster, will test more - also don't know if this release has resolved the awful video recording when stabilisation is on; (?)
- twitter doesn't load on mine - I was going to check to see if this is display scaling related;

All the recent app updates (mail, calendar, etc.) are also making the experience much better - this really is starting to feel like it is approaching release... just hoping they pile the hours in to bring back the epic speed and reliability of WP8/8.1 (I remember once complaining about an app problem only to realise I had not turned my phone off or restarted it in over 4 months! The reboot fixed that particular app problem.)

More personalisation options would be nice, as would landscape options os-wide (...plus clearing out the chaff in feedback so that new suggestions and issues can be identified and worked on!!)

Last edited:

markturnerimages

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I've had some blurry text on a single tile but more frustrating are the lock ups.
Three times I've had the phone (1320) go to what is best described as a shimmering curtain. Multicoloured vertical lines that looks like an old star trek special effect. After about 5 minutes and fiddling with the power button etc it reboots and is fine.
Also had a complete lockup adding a photo to facebook. I read about net being able to share but I wasn't using the share function.
That left the phone on with no response from anything. I checked it later on and it had rebooted.
Apart from that, it's working really well so I hope the lockups don't get frequent enough to have to roll back.
Cheers!

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
It's been great for me until yesterday.... Something is draining my battery like mad.... I can't go a full day on my 1520 and it usually easily goes two days. I just looked down and it was dead again.. wow...

ETA.. I think it's the Facebook Beta app.... the constant notifications.. I went in and turned all that off... lets see if it helps.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So far the OS is looking ok. The people and map apps completely stink. At least HERE maps is still available.

Unfortunately contact management and navigation are rather important functions to me.

The UX of the map app is so poorly done it's hard to believe. It wouldn't be so bad but they took the driving direction choice away. So you can't pick HERE or Waze from a search result or saved location.

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately the new messaging app still doesn't play nice with the batteries, the devices ran like an oven and the battery draining too fast! Ended up disabling the background tasks on both the 640XL and 1520, now they are running really really *COOL*.... :sweaty:

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
640XL.. Running great. First day or two had battery issue. Now I can go a day and a half. Cool temp. Coming from 1520 that had previous builds. I like seeing how the builds work on the XL, though, because it has less processing power and this phone is rocking. The word flow keyboard being fixed is my biggest gratification. Cortana enabled and the messaging app.. No problem.

Mark Richey

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
An update on my issues with 10572. I still use this on my daily driver (Lumia 630). and for the most part I love it. Still get less than stellar battery, but I have found some things that help:
  • Shut down notifications on items you do not need. I found tons of apps that I have no reason to need updated data pushed to the phone.
  • Watch out that you close apps when you stop needing them. It is far easier to amass a huge glut of open programs, some of which are a terrible drain. Big culprit: Facebook.

Also, be careful not to blame all problems on the OS. Yesterday, I was dismayed to have my camera act up at the most inappropriate time. I could not take a video. Tap as I may, it would not start recording. Missed my moment. When I got back home I took a look, and to my dismay, the Lumia Camera app had set itself as the default, rather than the Windows Camera app. There is a constant upgrading of all core and many ancillary apps we take for granted, and in some cases, these have a deleterious affect on performance. One issue I am now having is a "flashing" problem in video apps. My Netflix has stopped working completely, my iPodcast suffers from it, but Movies & TV seem immune.

So the bottom line is:
  • Update apps regularly but...
  • beware of issues caused by recent updates.
  • Use the Feedback EVERYTIME there is an issue.

Mark Richey

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Sorry about the earlier typo! Likely gave a few people coronaries wondering how I got 10575! LOL HOpefully something more stable sooner rather than later!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Im having problems with my photos on my lumia 930. Used to edit them in camera sight 360. Now there is no way to open a foto with this app. Im getting an error too trying to edit a photo with lumia creative studio without opening first the app.
Anyone having this problems? I do mis lumia camera.

I've had the same problems. I can't edit photos using creative studio or any other editing app. The workaround is to open the photo using the editing app instead from the photos app. But as you've said, it doesn't work for camera 360

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium