Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
I wannnnnnnnt it , buut,buut my f*** computer can't install windows phone recovery tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even tried virtual machine, but it isn't recognize my Lumia 535. Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please.

Try using nokia software updater 4.3.2

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 820 has a lot of bugs. Edge won't open, whatsapp, won't work, Wi-Fi doesn't start etc. Should I do hard reset? Will it fix it?

From what I've seen, It might fix some things but break others :D I reset once, there are still issues. I'll just wait for the next build, not reseting again

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I have tried build 10572 on my Lumia 720. (My previous attempt was only at build 10166. After that no time to try)
Following are my observations:
1. After upgrading last Friday, my micro SD card was not detected and hence all the applications which were present in Micro SD were not working.
2. On Saturday, when I was trying various applications, my phone got frozen and I had to soft reset it.
3. I noticed that there was some delay between the lock screen and start screen getting loaded. But this has disappeared since yesterday.
3. On Sunday, I had some time and tried reset phone to reset the phone which brought back my SD card.
4. After resetting the phone, I tried installing various apps through store update. Noticed that store application is very slow to load and usability has to improve. Also, had hang problems thrice when trying various installed applications. Looks like there are still issues in task suspend/resume probably in 512 MB devices.
5. Much of the applications don't exit and they stay in background requiring us to close them manually.
6. Messaging application: If I delete a conversation thread, since all the messages are deleted the screen goes blank. I thought it is going back to previous screen. But nothing happened. Then I pressed back button to make it go to previous screen. Looks like some minor usability issue.
7. When I tried opening the mail application today, again the mobile froze and I had to reboot. After that I was able to use the app.
8. Still some applications take time to open showing Resuming message. But performance seems to be better than previous build I tried.
9. Battery life seems to be as good as in 8.1.
10. Didn't try edge much. But seems to be fine.

Overall it seems that the build is really good but it will take more to become a stable build since hang problems are still there. Probably with 512 MB devices, more performance improvements are needed to prevent hang problems (My 8.1 rarely had hang problems). Store application also needs to improve.

Aamod Potdar

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Well overall excellent daily driver build. Using it for almost 2 days on my Lumia 820.

Major issues :

Lock screen and Glance Screen notifications dont match always. It takes time for glance screen to replicate real notifications showed on notification screen.

Whatsapp notifications do not show up on lock screen at all. Though banners are displayed as pop notifications. Whatsapp tile , lock screen do not show unread messages.

I did reinstall whatsapp but it does not seem to have helped.

Planning to reset the hoping that would make some difference.

Appreciate if anyone know way out so that will help avoid reset.

Last edited:

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Looking forward to build 10575,which will hopefully be out later today.I have not had many problems on 10572.cell signal did drop on one occasion and strange storage issue which gave apps showing massive memory.I have lost glance setting all together now after 2 hard resets on this build,cant even get it on store/sysapppusher.The os occasionally lags ,but a soft reset fixes this.Overall build 10572 is best yet for performance,looking forward to seeing more improvements in 10575

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
I wannnnnnnnt it , buut,buut my f*** computer can't install windows phone recovery tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even tried virtual machine, but it isn't recognize my Lumia 535. Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please.

Try downloading the microsoft phone recovery tool to a different computer and then using it from the different computer.

CountStyrofoam

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
On a VERIZON Lumia Icon in the USA, the build ran pretty well. It got too hot, tho, and I feared for the hardware. I reverted back and will wait patiently for the official release....or until the next insider build that lures me in wit its siren's call.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Some minutes ago I received an email through my Exchange server (nothing special) and the notification sound played in a very fast and short loop until the phone rebooted.

Rubenidas

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I been on it since Friday and I love it. Honestly it is significantly better than the previous and i liked the previous one somewhat. This one is definitely more stable and faster (especially Edge!) . With all that said it is not perfect by any means, still has it's flaws, but it is definitely good enough for your daily driver.

Victor Harshman

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Tried it on my Icon but lost data connectivity Wi-Fi works and I can make and receive calls but whenever I open a app I get no connectivity message.
So I rolled back to 8.1 using the recovery tool and now I still have the same problem. (Data connection is turned on) I have done numerous hard resets I think I might have broke my phone.
So I'm going to try and install build 10572 again and see what happens.
Any suggestions
Help.
Victor

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Tried it on my Icon but lost data connectivity Wi-Fi works and I can make and receive calls but whenever I open a app I get no connectivity message.
So I rolled back to 8.1 using the recovery tool and now I still have the same problem. (Data connection is turned on) I have done numerous hard resets I think I might have broke my phone.
So I'm going to try and install build 10572 again and see what happens.
Any suggestions
Help.
Victor
I just experienced this last night on my icon. Wifi died and said I was not connected to any network. I rebooted device and have been fine since.

tarmanjit manku

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Its Been a week I've installed this build. Till now i haven't face any problem. Its working pretty good. Even there's no problem of notification bar on L535. Love the animation. Everything is good cannot say perfect.

Hisham mubarak

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
It's been a while I am on this build on my lumia 640xl.. I haven't faced any problem till now except some apps wont connect to internet... And how to install apps from sd card in windows 10 mobile??

Peter Smith15

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I have a lumia 435 as a back up phone, placed it on the insider program and recently installed this build, green screen on launching camera, cured with a reboot. Main concern is battery drain, dropping around 50% battery over 6 hrs with no use other than quick look to check battery level. Any suggestions? ( note battery drain on earlier releases not noticeably poorer than 8.1)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss