Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

anon(9670566)

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Still my daily driver.
Really? In my opinion, there's still a lot of bugs, too much for a daily driver.... a lot of important Apps (for me, like Camera, Outlook or the Keyboard) frozen too often, can't type on a broken german Keyboard. I hope, Microsoft fixed this problems quickly. Time is running to December...

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
agree..Me too! 8.1 is as smooth as butter. Win 10 mobile 10572 is really the worst build i've ever used.
This is just ridiculous. Stop trolling for the sake of it. It is easily the best build so far by consensus - your experience must be close to unique if that is your opinion. Bizarre.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
This is just ridiculous. Stop trolling for the sake of it. It is easily the best build so far by consensus - your experience must be close to unique if that is your opinion. Bizarre.

Yes, bizarre is a good description for this post. It is definitely not the best build, especially it isn't consensus if you read just some feedback about it!

Performance-wise it is the best W10M so far, I fully agree. But previous insider builds had far less problems on my 1520. That is OK as it is a bloody beta. But it is just bizarre that those who are lucky to face no real problems sum up that there are no problems and the version is next to final. I mean, that is what testers are for, to show up the problems, aren't they? I would imply that most of those who mention problems here and in the feedback app do this to get a nice final product.

However, I might be wrong but I do not recall reboots and crashes when I was at home and connected to my WiFi. Could it be that some of those problems are connected to the cellular hardware, maybe when using particular bands with a particular device? You know that we all still use 8.1 firmware.

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Camera still not as Lumia Camera but it is the best Camera so far. It needs more speed on focus and image quality. Lumia Camera was almost perfect.
Battery drain is no issue here with only a few spots of use. Otherwise, it's almost flat, more or less 1%/hour. Sometimes it crashes on app or another but this is not serious and it can be used in a daily basis.
I would like to see more control and options for background apps, more control on what's loaded at start and a nice task manager to keep an eye on bad apps.
I have a problem with ringer but I bet that is fixed in the next one. Cortana for Portuguese is not there. Kinda of a joke.
I would love to see improvements in Outlook and Calendar.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, bizarre is a good description for this post. It is definitely not the best build, especially it isn't consensus if you read just some feedback about it!

Performance-wise it is the best W10M so far, I fully agree. But previous insider builds had far less problems on my 1520. That is OK as it is a bloody beta. But it is just bizarre that those who are lucky to face no real problems sum up that there are no problems and the version is next to final. I mean, that is what testers are for, to show up the problems, aren't they? I would imply that most of those who mention problems here and in the feedback app do this to get a nice final product.

However, I might be wrong but I do not recall reboots and crashes when I was at home and connected to my WiFi. Could it be that some of those problems are connected to the cellular hardware, maybe when using particular bands with a particular device? You know that we all still use 8.1 firmware.
Yes, I am one of those lucky FEW who don't have any serious issues unlike the vast hordes of suffering owners. You are doing exactly what you accuse me of by the way..... in reverse. Projecting you experience. Consensus is 10572 is a huge leap forward - thats just plain fact. Of course there are still issues and some peoples experience is worse than others but that doesn't negate the the opinions of the TINY number of punters who are loving this build (sarcasm right there btw). Actually, no I give up...its all crap and it's getting worse build after build. Bet 10575 is the worst ever....sigh.

Last edited:

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
You are doing exactly what you accuse me of by the way..... in reverse.

How does this fit:

Stop trolling for the sake of it.
and
Of course there are still issues and some peoples experience is worse than others

Consensus is 10572 is a huge leap forward - thats just plain fact.
[...]
Bet 10575 is the worst ever....

Fully agreed (1st part), but it does not necessarily mean that it is the best build. I am sure that builds will get better again (meaning more stable here), that's the goal. But we are not yet there when looking at the current build. I can only tell from the experience I made with my test setup, no sarcasm needed.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Exactly, you are making a judgement based on a sample of one....you. I have this build running pretty damn good on my 640XL, 735 and old 920 (so at least not basing it on my one experience). My original post was a knee jerk reaction to a rather silly post that implied the updates were getting progressively worse. Which is exactly the opposite of reality. I have read a lot of opinion on this build and I have surmised that the general consensus is that it is rather good compared to what has gone before. Sure I have a few bugs but they are few and minor and performance is streets ahead of previous builds for me. I fully acknowledge that your 1520 might not be having a holiday on it but that doesn't change the reality for others. My parting comment was a jokey surrender to the naysayers... These happy band who can't just actually report bugs (which is actually useful) but prefer to make hyperbolic statements to get attention. I can guarantee that within 1 hour of the next release there will be a post about how it is the worst build yet. Sure as eggs is eggs...

Last edited:

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I am not making any judgement (was not my intention at least). As I want the product to become really good I just can't stand reading again and again that the current build already has final quality, when I can tell from my experience that it is not the case, especially when I am obviously NOT the only one with more problems in this build than previous ones. However, I think we are basically heading in the same direction, so let's just wait for the next build and judge on that one! :cool:

p.vivekkumar

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have installed in Lumia 730. Phone is working absolutely fine except few things:-
1) Cortana is working however doesn’t read text messages ever after giving “read” command.
2) “Quiet Hours” was initially active but stopped working later. Cortana doesn’t send message as text reply.
3) Screen feels to be flickering while scrolling.
4) My post doesn’t reflect in Windows Central in mobile phone.
5) Can Not Change display picture of contacts/dialler.

p.vivekkumar

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have installed in Lumia 730. Phone is working absolutely fine except few things:-
1) Cortana is working however doesn?t read text messages ever after giving ?read? command.
2) ?Quiet Hours? was initially active but stopped working later. Cortana doesn?t send message as text reply.
3) Screen feels to be flickering while scrolling.
4) My post doesn?t reflect in Windows Central in mobile phone.
5) Can Not Change display picture of contacts/dialler.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, lets see what comes next. I would stand next to you against anyone who said this is finished. For me, with this build I actually can get a feel for the finished product and it's actually changed me from a bit of a skeptic to an outright evangelical enthusiast. Until this build I had a play then went back to using 8.1. With this build I have been using it all day every day.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It is light years ahead of where it was, but there is a good way to go. I praised it earlier, ss it is my favourite build. But returning to 8.1 is great, so smooth, and everything works.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
For me, with this build I actually can get a feel for the finished product and it's actually changed me from a bit of a skeptic to an outright evangelical enthusiast.

This was also part of my experience! :) Was 50/50 skeptic/enthusiast before, now maybe 30-/70+ despite all the new bugs I experience currently. At one point (some builds ago) I decided to leave the preview on my daily driver 1520, because it was stable enough and as I can only use one phone at a time that is the only way to really test it. Should be that in sum with each build there are more people who want to keep the OS on their device. I have no doubt that this is the case, although I might have rolled back if this was my first build.

4) My post doesn’t reflect in Windows Central in mobile phone.

App or website? Did you push all the available refresh buttons? I can see it twice... ;)

Elton Mbofana

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Having lots of trouble trying to install this BUILD! i have been in the windows insider program from the early stages and has never had any issues with the updates.I was on 10549 and was trying to upgrade to 10567 but hey i am getting lots of errors and the update stalls. I tried to use Windows recovery to reinstall windows phone 8.1 to no avail. Tried hard resetting but no joy with it. Now i am stuck with Win8.1 again and miss win10mobile!

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Love the new startscreen with 4 normal or 2 wide tiles next to each other at 175% text height on my Lumia 640. Very well readable on this 1280x720 screen!

Attachments

• wp_ss_20151022_0002.png
    wp_ss_20151022_0002.png
    651.9 KB · Views: 9

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
A host of improvements. The people hub update is a refreshing sight. In previous builds I would link contact accounts only to see them unlinked later on. Now not only do they stay linked, but the hub displays multiple accounts displaying the latest information they posted. In addition if you swipe left, just like in previous Windows phone OS's, it links you to their facebook page as well. I like the skype messaging integration, but don't understand the difference between skype video in the app, and the skype video app itself. My outlook now syncs with my calendar. The phone seems to process information faster. I'm having issues with 6Tag not opening up, which is kind of an inconvenience because the official instagram app doesn't allow you to upload videos, and I'm having issues using the video upload apps for instagram. I can definitely see the cross connection with my surface 3 and this is how I think MSFT will sell the windows mobile concept in the future. Not as a stand alone phone, but as an extension of you Windows 10 experience. All in all, I've been using it as my daily driver on the 640XL and haven't experienced to many issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05