Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Having lots of trouble trying to install this BUILD! i have been in the windows insider program from the early stages and has never had any issues with the updates.I was on 10549 and was trying to upgrade to 10567 but hey i am getting lots of errors and the update stalls. I tried to use Windows recovery to reinstall windows phone 8.1 to no avail. Tried hard resetting but no joy with it. Now i am stuck with Win8.1 again and miss win10mobile!

The update takes quite a while so you need to be patient. There is a period during the loading that the screen stays Black for a long time. You may be thinking it's frozen but you just need to wait until it finishes loading. Try again or just wait until the NEXT build which is supposed to be out this week!

brianf2

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Update 10572 has been working great for me for the past week. Much faster, more stable and better battery life. All of that ended yesterday when I went to take a photo and my Lumia 1520 rebooted. Since that time I have been unable to get the phone to recognize my 32gb SD card. I have rebooted several times and tried the SD card in my PC. The card is fine, but the phone no longer recognizes it. I have read that others are experiencing the same issue. My plan is to hold out for the next update in hopes that the problem is resolved. A hard reset might work, but I would rather do that after the next update. Hoping we see that update today!

Tactik

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Finally got it to connect to my work email and calendars. Very happy. Overall though I don't see much difference between this build and 10542 on my 1020
I for sure find 10 far better to use than 8.1, makes me look forward to the 950XL my boss wants to get us to replace our 1020.

tboling

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to be honest. I know this is a beta, but it is way too close to the final release for there to be so many problems. For the first time since I bought my 920 years ago, I'm actually worried about buying the new flagship. I can't download my music from the free apps I was using previously. There isn't a selection to have favorite photos, for live tiles. When I set up a static photo, it bugs out. And Groove?! Why in the hell did they decide to reinvent the wheel? Their previous music app was great. Want to change the name, sure go for it. But, they decided to completely recreate the app. Now it is really buggy. I understand the who beta thing. But like I said, they are weeks away from release. How are they going to get all these bugs fixed before then. If Windows 10 does not work properly on my Lumia 1020 on release day of the new phones, I will have no choice but to go somewhere else. This saddens me. I've always been that person that praises Windows Phone mobile. I'm worried.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Working ok on my 520, it starts to have problems (slow, resuming), after about 12 hours, so I reboot it.
Is anyone else seeing a message from Lumia Camera? It worked the other day.
Now it says "A better camera", it says MS saying goodbye to this app, wants you to use Camera because it's better.
And it has 2 buttons, go to camera or close.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Working ok on my 520, it starts to have problems (slow, resuming), after about 12 hours, so I reboot it.
Is anyone else seeing a message from Lumia Camera? It worked the other day.
Now it says "A better camera", it says MS saying goodbye to this app, wants you to use Camera because it's better.
And it has 2 buttons, go to camera or close.

Yeah, it is

kangeles

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
My favorite build so far. My daily driver is an 830 and we have a 640 and another 830 in the house in use by my partner and kid brother. This build is the most stable, fastest, (relative to previous builds) bug-free, and altogether pleasure to use. This build gives me complete and utter confidence that RTM is definitely near. Messaging works fine, email works great, Groove synchronization works fine, no more "loading..." screens, no weird store quirks (yet, anyway and I installed the day it was available so let that mean what ever it means to you). There is definitely room for some polish as they continue to clean up UI some particularly on file-selection-dialogs. Seriously, I'm over wondering what is next - just going to wait for RTM since this build is perfectly suitable for daily driver. Now, I'll turn my gaze to the XBOX Next Experience. Yey, something new to be excited about. Guys, if you're on the fence, just wait for new build. I bet it will be even better than this one. (as of this reply it's best anyway). Still, you should expect to do a reset after upgrading - it does always provide the best experience in every case (again, 3 family devices most all prior builds). Little quirky problems seem to be attributed to the remnants of the updated OS. This is not unlike Windows upgrades of the past. This could also be a result of the whole thing being in dev, too. So just consider it if you're having problems.

WPhoner

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
oh you will love it on the 640 super fast and stable! (compared to prior builds)
I installed on my 640 a week ago (wanted the 950XL but no theres no carrier support in canada. Boo!)

Battery last a long time. I charge overnight but I dont even need to, Im still at half battery after work. this is much better than my 920 was. unfortunately, I don't know if it is the new phones (bigger, newer, better) battery or a better build. -also not getting as hot as the 920 was. About the only thing I miss is wireless charging

Victor Harshman

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Tried this build on my Icon and lost my data connection (Phone shows full bars LTE and under the sim settings it says connected to Verizon network). Wi Fi works and I can sometimes make and receive calls. So I rolled back to 8.1 using the Windows devise recovery tool and now I am having the same issue with 8.1.
I am using Straight Talk as a provider
I've been messing with this for two days now. I've rolled back to 8.1 did hard reset nothing and tried to install 10572 again did another hard reset still nothing.
I also messed with all the sim settings different combinations everything and still no connectivity. I think I might have broke my devise.
What really sucks is Windows 10 mobile is awesome compared to 8.1.
Please help

tmoore71

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Installed it on my 930 the other day. Seems very stable, faster, and the phone is much cooler. Battery life appears to have increased as well. Am really liking it so far. Wish I could get LTE on AT&T with the 930, but what the heck, can't have everything :)

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
640XL, display size down to 125%, all apps updated, battery life a good 20+ hours with streaming Pandora, Groove music, maps, emails, calls, messaging.. You name it. I'm very content with this build. Working great.

Simonas Sereiva

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Its working very well, but there are some big problems like the navigation bar sometimes closes, sometimes not(for Lumia 640) and of course that is still lagging.
I use windows 10 mobile since summer end and I like it. I tried to come back to wp 8.1 but w10m is much more better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786