Is it worthy to install Windows 10 build 10572 in Lumia 520

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
On the contrary, he needs A LOT: Lumia 520 it's the best seller Microsoft device till now in the world. It was the trend setter, the first for Microsoft realizing that "Cheap devices with a lot of services inside are the real business" same as low cost Androids.

But they probably won't. No carrier will bother to test and release W10 for a device as old as the 520, even IF Microsoft officially released W10 for it. The 520 is well past its software support gaurentee. It's almost 3 years old now.

I just wouldn't get your hopes up that is performs as well as WP8.1 on dual core devices. I think you'd be setting yourself up for disappointment. If it turns out to be as good, well then they exceeded your expectations. ;)

Posted via the Note 4/Nexus 7 (2013)/Lumia 1020/Lumia 2520

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The core problem isn't the dual cores, but the half a giga ram. But We, the 520 People, know since the beginning that we have NOT to have unuseful hungry apps in background, as facebook :winktongue:
Just watshapp, a music player and explorer or office , that's enough

Nam Long

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Anyone on build 10549,10572 using Lumia 520.
In those build support 4 column medium tiles?
please friends if you know please reply. I love this feature most.

Even with the scaling , it doesn't support 4 columns of medium tile . P.s I am using my 520 as a daily driver on build 10572

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The core problem isn't the dual cores, but the half a giga ram. But We, the 520 People, know since the beginning that we have NOT to have unuseful hungry apps in background, as facebook :winktongue:
Just watshapp, a music player and explorer or office , that's enough

The RAM doesn't help, but it is the SoC/OS. I had a 630 (quad core with 512MB RAM) running W10 a while ago and it actually ran it as good, maybe a little smoother than my 1020 with 2GB RAM.

I have used W10 on a 520, 630, 1020 and 1530. The dual core devices are the only ones that really feel completely unoptimized.

Posted via Note 4/Nexus 7 (2013)/Lumia 1020/ Lumia 2520

Last edited:

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Well, actually this build is running great on my 520. I admit I thought of going back to 8.1, but without a PC, I had no luck. And after using it for 2 days, this is really running great! I don't use much apps, but all the apps I use work good. The more I am using this build, the more smooth it os running. It's a surprise for me.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The RAM doesn't help, but it is the SoC/OS. I had a 630 (quad core with 512MB RAM) running W10 a while ago and it actually ran it as good, maybe a little smoother than my 1020 with 2GB RAM.

I have used W10 on a 520, 630, 1020 and 1530. The dual core devices are the only ones that really feel completely unoptimized.

Posted via Note 4/Nexus 7 (2013)/Lumia 1020/ Lumia 2520

So many devices? I'm feeling lucky for the RTM! :cool:

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Well, actually this build is running great on my 520. I admit I thought of going back to 8.1, but without a PC, I had no luck. And after using it for 2 days, this is really running great! I don't use much apps, but all the apps I use work good. The more I am using this build, the more smooth it os running. It's a surprise for me.

Niceee. Looks like im going to push through with my plan to try out W10 on my 520!

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Niceee. Looks like im going to push through with my plan to try out W10 on my 520!

Beware, it's not as stable as 8.1, but is usable. You have to be prepared for hiccups here and there. And the phone mey reboot sometimes. Except this, the build is pretty good considering this is techincal preview and I am running it on a phone with 512mb RAM. I hope you don't get disappointed. Good luck!

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Beware, it's not as stable as 8.1, but is usable. You have to be prepared for hiccups here and there. And the phone mey reboot sometimes. Except this, the build is pretty good considering this is techincal preview and I am running it on a phone with 512mb RAM. I hope you don't get disappointed. Good luck!

How frequent are the hiccups and reboots usually? This phone is my daily driver so I'm concerned if this preview would greatly affect my usage. I use my phone mainly for texts, calls, internet, YouTube, social media apps...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
How frequent are the hiccups and reboots usually? This phone is my daily driver so I'm concerned if this preview would greatly affect my usage. I use my phone mainly for texts, calls, internet, YouTube, social media apps...

from never to 5 times a day, especially when exiting sms app
if you are used to save / share images from edge, with prevous build there was a bug wich Abe has warned. I don't now this very last build.
DUring intensive use, when in te same time you are listening music, browsing, using messages / mail, sometimes edge and sms become sloooooowlyyy....
You have to close app and re-open, or the phone directly can't swich screen from one app to previous so it stucks and reboot.
Cortana is terryfing slower answering sms, listening and acting than in 8.1, so I totally disabled her standing by for the 55 build.
Some apps crash in opening (not compatible with 10 yet I guess)
Today I'll trying waze for the first time with a build.
That's all for the 520, man.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a Nokia 520, but that is a test phone, so if there are glitches in Windows 10, I have a BLU WIN HD LTE phone running Windows 8.1 with the SIM card installed. I'm waiting for more reviews on the build before loading the new build, on the phone, there is an article in Windows Central that the build ruined a Lumia phone already, where it wouldn't go back to 8.1 and it wouldn't turn turn back on.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
from never to 5 times a day, especially when exiting sms app
if you are used to save / share images from edge, with prevous build there was a bug wich Abe has warned. I don't now this very last build.
DUring intensive use, when in te same time you are listening music, browsing, using messages / mail, sometimes edge and sms become sloooooowlyyy....
You have to close app and re-open, or the phone directly can't swich screen from one app to previous so it stucks and reboot.
Cortana is terryfing slower answering sms, listening and acting than in 8.1, so I totally disabled her standing by for the 55 build.
Some apps crash in opening (not compatible with 10 yet I guess)
Today I'll trying waze for the first time with a build.
That's all for the 520, man.

UPDATE:

Waze and gps works perfectly, when playing music by MixCloud via web at the same time. Travel trial: passed!

I'm standing by build 55 for testing Cortana reading and answering mail and sms by earphones as fast as 8.1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers