I was on the preview two builds ago on a Lumia 925 (about a month and a half ago) and these two problems were the biggest issues for me. Can anyone tell me if they've been repaired?

1. Not being able to download the UK keyboard so I can use Cortana in UK English because while I don't use voice commands often, I do use the Cortana search and news interests updates every day.
    2. The "loading..." issue impedes proper use of the phone. I could totally deal with everything else but rebooting and not knowing how long the phone will take to show me a start screen is potentially a major problem for me with respect to emails, texts, etc. I've waited up to 20 minutes for the phone to do all its "loading..." more than once.
    10-21-2015 10:10 AM
    I've always been using the UK keyboard on my phone. Did you download and enable it in Windows Phone 8.1 before upgrading?

I don't get resuming screens on my 1520.
    tpapictures likes this.
    10-21-2015 10:12 AM
    I can't say about the keyboard, but so far, the "loading" seems to have gone away. I need a little more time with it, but I had the loading issue all the time.
    10-21-2015 10:24 AM
    To download the keyboard you have to enroll again in the preview, the start screen bug should be gone but you should always start doing a reset without restoring backups
    fdruid and tpapictures like this.
    10-21-2015 11:55 AM
    To download the keyboard you have to enroll again in the preview, the start screen bug should be gone but you should always start doing a reset without restoring backups
    So you're saying I have to create a new insider preview account? I don't really want to have two accounts. As far as restoring from a backup goes, the problem is I have way too many apps/games that I have saved info in. I can't just reinstall and start from scratch. Shame that restoring doesn't work.
    10-21-2015 12:24 PM
    I've always been using the UK keyboard on my phone. Did you download and enable it in Windows Phone 8.1 before upgrading?
    I don't get resuming screens on my 1520.
    Yes, I had it downloaded and it was my daily keyboard, hence my problem with Windows 10.
    10-21-2015 12:26 PM
    So you're saying I have to create a new insider preview account? I don't really want to have two accounts. As far as restoring from a backup goes, the problem is I have way too many apps/games that I have saved info in. I can't just reinstall and start from scratch. Shame that restoring doesn't work.
    Don't take it badly but by your answer you should really not be part of the insider preview, revert to windows 8.1 and enjoy your phone
    MikeSo likes this.
    10-21-2015 01:58 PM
    All speed problems related to "loading" and "resuming" screens are virtually completely gone on both my Icon and the 635 with the 10549 and 10572 builds.
    10-21-2015 02:11 PM
    No, you don't need another Insider account. Just make sure you have the Windows Insider app installed and the "Fast Ring" turned on. Once you do, you will be able to get the keyboard.

You probably should not be in the Insider program though if you can't accept that the phone will have to be wiped from scratch.
    fdruid likes this.
    10-21-2015 02:13 PM
    No, you don't have to create an account. Just go into Insider Preview and make sure you are still enrolled. Sometimes you have to re-enroll.

No, you don't have to do a reset without restoring backups. I did NO reset on this build, and everything with the exception of the flashlight app seems to be working flawlessly for me. Many people are resetting when they don't have to. Don't force this on everyone.

Don't take it badly but by your answer you should really not be part of the insider preview, revert to windows 8.1 and enjoy your phone
    Really? Because he doesn't want to do a hard reset after the install?

Here's a hint. Try testing it without the hard reset BEFORE doing the hard reset. You'll find out that this build most likely didn't need the hard reset after for your device. Mine certainly didn't. Neither did many others.

No, you don't need another Insider account. Just make sure you have the Windows Insider app installed and the "Fast Ring" turned on. Once you do, you will be able to get the keyboard.

You probably should not be in the Insider program though if you can't accept that the phone will have to be wiped from scratch.
    I agree with the first part. However, I disagree with the second part. Many insiders out there are making sure they don't wipe their phones from scratch. It gives Microsoft better input on what they need to do for the average person who won't be wiping their data on the final RTM. We are getting very close to that, and we should be able to reasonably expect the phone not having to be hard reset as often now.

While it is a good idea to have good backups, as I always do in case an insider preview install goes bad, I don't believe wiping your data before you do the testing is the correct path to go. Try it first, and do a reset ONLY if you are having the types of problems that only a hard reset can fix. IF there is anyway to avoid the reset with other work-arounds, they should be tried first. It gives the best feedback for the program.
    tpapictures, fdruid and jmshub like this.
    10-21-2015 08:02 PM
    Yes because of that but most of all because he clearly doesn't have a clue about what he's doing :)
    That's just wrong. You have no idea what he is capable of doing through the posts made. Nothing suggests incompetence. He is unaware of a workaround for a keyboard issue and you blame him? It's why come to the forums for help. Get over it. Everyone on the preview has needed help at some point to make something work, or they have had to endure things that don't work because they didn't get the help that could have made it work.

Just because you knew the workaround and he didn't doesn't mean it won't be the other way around the next time. Let's try to be a little nicer to one another, okay? We all need each other's help. Just like the mighty Microsoft needs OUR help to get this right.
    fdruid and Pete like this.
    10-22-2015 07:53 AM
    At no point did the poster say you had to create a new Insider account. It was just go back and enroll the device again, which is downloading the Windows Insider app if you don't already have it and select the fast ring.
    10-22-2015 08:14 AM
    So does the workaround fix it? Just enroll into Fast ring again and what does the phone do? I have the impression that this entails a cog screen which I can't do right now, not being at home. The phone always does a cog update to implement voice/language or Cortana.

Any more details about this?
    10-22-2015 08:20 AM
    I have the Cortana issue, but for me it's because of the fact that I'm unable to change region. Everytime I try it forces me back to Norway. Could it be because it checks my region on my Microsoft Account?
    10-22-2015 10:29 AM
    Really? Because he doesn't want to do a hard reset after the install?
    Yes, partly that, but mainly because he has game data that he doesn't want to lose. If you're in the Insider program you should have the expectation that you might lose all your data or even brick your phone. Simple as that. It's not a value judgment.
    10-22-2015 11:34 AM
    Yes, partly that, but mainly because he has game data that he doesn't want to lose. If you're in the Insider program you should have the expectation that you might lose all your data or even brick your phone. Simple as that. It's not a value judgment.
    Okay, first person to explain adequately. It's about his game data that he doesn't want to lose. That is a very fair assessment. If I had any game data I didn't want to lose, I wouldn't be in the program myself. Games are not as important to me as doing the testing. I play solitaire, and no serious gaming whatsoever. The data I don't want to lose is all data that is synced across devices that I own, so no chance of that for me.

I've bricked a phone 3 times so far. I always get it back, but I have a backup to use while I work on fixing it. Right now, I have W10 10572 on my daily driver AND my backup.
    10-22-2015 02:36 PM
    At no point did the poster say you had to create a new Insider account. It was just go back and enroll the device again, which is downloading the Windows Insider app if you don't already have it and select the fast ring.
    "To download the keyboard you have to enroll again in the preview"
    Wrong.. the definition of "enroll", is to register as a member of something. So, 'enrolling the device again' means getting a new account. Hence, my request for clarification. "Enrolling" in the insider preview means going to the site and registering with your username and password. Downloading the app again isn't enrolling. I don't wanna nitpick but it would be nice, if I'm going to get attacked, for people to at least get right what they're attacking me for.
    10-22-2015 03:48 PM
    Looks like they've simply taken 'Loading....' away but it still takes to long to open phone, messages, people on my 920. Keyboard and Speech downloads seem completely frakked to me, why the hell such things aren't setup given the entire OS is downloaded and installed is beyond me???? Anyway I've already gone back to 8.1 hopefully Microsoft can do MUCH better next week, at this point I think they need to roll in an entirely new team!
    10-22-2015 09:58 PM
    Note everyone, please keep the thread on topic. We can talk about the issue with phones, we cannot talk about people. Don't make us have to close the thread.
    10-22-2015 10:17 PM
    *2 I haven't had the loading start screen issue for the past two builds. This might be because I Always do a reset after a new build has been installed. The latest build is Close to perfect when it comes to performance and Everything loads faster than ever.
    10-23-2015 03:58 AM
    *2 I haven't had the loading start screen issue for the past two builds. This might be because I Always do a reset after a new build has been installed. The latest build is Close to perfect when it comes to performance and Everything loads faster than ever.
    No loading screen issue here either. I've only got one app that loads slowly, but it's since the latest app update, and it's the apps fault. Everything else loads much faster.

I did not do a reset after the new build was installed, so running a straight upgrade from 8.1 to 10572. Running so flawless that I decided to install it on my daily driver as well, so now have it on both phones. No regrets.

Biggest issue so far is the motion data not working for my steps.
    tpapictures likes this.
    10-23-2015 07:46 AM
    i've downloaded UK Keyboard only after installing Windows Insider and selecting Fast Channel. Without Windows Insider you cannot download keyboard
    rhapdog likes this.
    10-23-2015 11:06 PM