Does anyone have any insights on how to disable Skype integration into the Messaging app? I saw the option to turn it on/off during the phone setup, but can't seem to find it in any of the settings menus after the fact.

Skype integration SOUNDED like an awesome idea, but when your company uses skype for communication and there are a bajillion skype group chats spamming your messaging app, it no longer becomes awesome. I am nearly fed up with it and about to reset my phone to turn off that option.

Can anyone save me from this madness?
    10-21-2015 03:49 PM
    Try This:
    Skype Video app > Settings > Instant Messages > Off

I think the name "Skype Video" is temporary, and meant to distinguish the app from the old skype app that is still installed on many phones (mine included). My guess is that they'll change the name to Skype for the final build.
    10-21-2015 04:15 PM
    Ah ha! Thank you very much. I had not realized there was a new separate skype app for this. Interesting. On a side note, turning that setting off didn't seem to do much other than continually crash the messaging app whenever I tried to run it (will be submitting feedback on that craziness). However, I was finally able to turn off the insanity and stop the crashing by signing out of my account within the Skype Video app. Strange.

Thanks for the heads up, though!
    10-21-2015 04:35 PM
    No problem. It's in a pretty obscure location for such a necessary option. I only found it because I've been digging around through the messaging, Skype, and account settings trying to find a solution for the SMS message history not syncing (properly). It's taking AGES to download all of my old text messages. Apparently, that's a common issue.
    10-21-2015 04:42 PM