Screen Turns On with Text Message (Or any Notifications)

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
In Windows Phone 8.1, when a text came in, I had it vibrate and play a notification sound. With Windows 10 Mobile, when a text comes in it plays a sound, vibrates, and the screen comes on for a few seconds displaying the notification. This can cause problems in my pocket.

Is there a way to have the notifications vibrate, play a sound, but NOT turn on the screen? I found the checkbox to disable notifications on the lock screen - this made it so the screen did not turn on when I received a text. However, it also killed all other notifications, such as vibrate and sound.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
It's the banner that decide whether to turn on the screen or not, if you disable banner, screen would not turn on, it behaves the same whether in 8.1 or 10 in my phone, and no matter what, screen will not turns on if the phone is in your pocket or the proximity sensor (little hole at the top of the phone) is covered.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
You're right, however it disables all notification when you do that. No sound, no vibrate. I've tried every combination of boxes. Either the screen comes on, and plays a sound, or the screen does not come on, and no sound is played.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Not sure, probably a bug, does that happen with 8.1 also? My setup is all other notification set with banner, vibrate, and sound, while Store and Outlook is vibrate and sound only. They (Store and Outlook notification) never woke up the screen. However as I've said, screen won't turn on no matter what if the phone is in pocket, not even double tap to wake and camera button. Unless the power button is pressed obviously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa