Some apps doubled and "Pending" on Mobile build 10572.

Samm Neiland

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
For the record,
Lumia 640 LTE, single SIM. Running Build 10572.
Anyway, weirdness happening. On my list of apps, many of them are doubled and greyed out with the label "pending" under them. While it hasn't caused any issues with the phone (yet at least) it is pretty awful looking.
I can fix it by uninstalling the app, rebooting the phone, then reinstalling the apps, but its a bit of an ordeal to do that.
Any ideas on possible solutions?

Samm Neiland

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
That's actually how the bulk of this started actually. Since I had to roll back to 8.1 to install the new build, once it got the current build installed, I did a hard reset of the phone.

What I'm wondering now is if had something to do with a conflict of the backup it was trying pull from the previous build I was using? When the build finished it did say "Some things may not have been downloaded correctly" but I figured that was just my custom ringtones having been lost (cause they were which nbd).

Anyway, I'm basically uninstalling and reinstalling the apps that I can, but the ghostly mystery pending icons are still there for some of the system level "apps" that are installed but can't necessarily be uninstalled (display, rate us, things like that for example).

What I think I'm gonna do is install and set everything up, then to a full deletion of the Backup on Onedrive and just do it clean from this build. Maybe by doing that, it won't have the weird conflict its gotten from all this.

sjames79

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I have same thing - after resetting the phone then restoring from backup I have a lot of Pending duplicate applications. And no way to clear them

NXTwoThou

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue with Pimp my Band and Microsoft Solitare. What I did was uninstall the "good" tile, restart, go to store, reinstall the app, restart, uninstall the "good" tile a second time if it still had a dupe, restart(which gave me no tile) then I reinstalled again.

Samm Neiland

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey, just here to report my doings for this issue.
I basically had the same issue amcluesent pointed out, some of the apps no longer being available in the store. What I ended up doing was just making a fresh backup from the latest build and doing a hard reset of the OS. Was surprised to find that the restore process went a lot faster than previous builds, plus no hiccups in trying to download the apps.

Anyway, to anyone having the issue still, that's the most sure fire way was what I did. A little time consuming, but probably for the best since it cleaned out what I assume is some much added bulk from the backup process.

kingd123

Apr 30, 2018
Visit site
NXT's procedure didn't work for me unfortunately :-( Still a duplicate WhatsApp tile in the All Apps list. Fortunately, it's the only duplicate I have. So I can probably learn to live with / ignore. Seems preferable to work involved in a hard reset. ie 48 hours of 2x full Windows 10 updates, then ton of app updates, info copy back on, etc etc. It's funny, the tile is kind of dead. No icon, just a blue square. Says grey WhatsApp beside. And blue Pending beneath. Right-click on, and just greyed-out Pin to Start, and Uninstall. And if I uninstall the good tile, there is no WhatsApp listed at all, in Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Installed Apps list. It's like a zombie icon. MS, if you're reading, please could you cast a spell to rid me of this Zombicon? The phone tells me it's running Windows 10 mobile Version 1709, OS build 10.0.15254.369.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3