Trying to recover 640 XL to 8.1 for the moment

j1sh

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Installed slow ring 10166 on phone, hard reset afterwards. Trying to recover to Windows 8.1 so I can either leave it or go forward to the latest build 10572. Switching to Fast Ring and trying to do Windows Update does nothing for me I can't even get to any of the builds listed in that update, it errors out.

Attempting to use Windows Device Recovery tool, after downloading the firmware, it attempts to switch phone to flashing mode and then errors out with this:

Capture.PNG

Does anybody know where to go from here? Heard the W10M preview worked well on this phone, regret level high I knew I should have waited.. :/

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Installed slow ring 10166 on phone, hard reset afterwards. Trying to recover to Windows 8.1 so I can either leave it or go forward to the latest build 10572. Switching to Fast Ring and trying to do Windows Update does nothing for me I can't even get to any of the builds listed in that update, it errors out.

Attempting to use Windows Device Recovery tool, after downloading the firmware, it attempts to switch phone to flashing mode and then errors out with this:

View attachment 115185

Does anybody know where to go from here? Heard the W10M preview worked well on this phone, regret level high I knew I should have waited.. :/

Try the Nokia recovering tool instead, on the same webpage

j1sh

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I got it to recover, took me changing the USB cable and computer. I think the computer I was on was having trouble installing a certain driver, and a shoddy USB cable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire