10572 constant massive data usage

arbetaren

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
10572 works pretty fine on my Lumia 830 except this very annoying thing.
Data usage is constantly very high. About 100MB / 10 minutes.

This is both on Wifi and SIM. Except the data usage itself it drains the battery.
Its not Cortana cause I dont live in such region.

All I can tell from Settings > Data Usage is that "System" is raising fast.

I've tried hard reset. Anything else before i roll back?

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
When did you upgrade? Have you let it update all of your apps & data? Also, look in the Store under Downloads and Updates and see if there is anything that failed that it keeps trying. I found a few apps wouldn't install if other apps were being installed but all of them would keep trying and failing. I paused all of them and then refreshed them one at a time to get them to go.

arbetaren

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
When did you upgrade? Have you let it update all of your apps & data? Also, look in the Store under Downloads and Updates and see if there is anything that failed that it keeps trying. I found a few apps wouldn't install if other apps were being installed but all of them would keep trying and failing. I paused all of them and then refreshed them one at a time to get them to go.

Today, yes it did update all apps and finished but it wouldn't stop so I also tried hard reset.
Still the same. Nothing going on with store. Must be something else. I'm on a clean install now but it just continues.

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well a hard reset is going to start those uploads all over again. It took quite a while for my 640 XL & my 1020 to calm down but it does eventually. I just left it on the charger for several hours...

Edit - One other thing. There is an update that will occur after the initial upgrade that takes quite a while as well. You might check Phone Update in settings and see if that is being downloaded.

arbetaren

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Well a hard reset is going to start those uploads all over again. It took quite a while for my 640 XL & my 1020 to calm down but it does eventually. I just left it on the charger for several hours...

Well but Store says everything is updated. I guess I will let it be over night and maybe it's done tomorrow with whatever it's doing.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
You should turn off your data, and turn on WiFi, and let it finish whatever it's doing. It's probably some update, the phone can't 'download' something random on it's own. Eather it's a phone update, or an app update, or some keyboard or smth like that.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Let's hope it gets resolved. But some things to consider are additional updates and downloads. Could be the unit is backing up your data to OneDrive. If you chose to 'restore' from backup, it's probably downloading all your apps again and some of them could be updating and/or downloading real time information. Keep us posted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo