Gabe is a tease! But at least we know he's alive.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I too was thinking it would be something about how it is released. I feel like this would save a lot of time, especially if it combines installation with hard reset.

Or introducing a new app for desktop, something like Windows Device Update Tool (with Insider support). It would be great convenience.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Installation of builds by using the Windows Device Recovery Tool?

I too was thinking it would be something about how it is released. I feel like this would save a lot of time, especially if it combines installation with hard reset.

Installing an image using the WDRT actually IS a hard reset of the device, so, yes, it saves time. However, it doesn't really provide a way forward for how things need to be done AFTER the RTM is released. I would definitely prefer this as an option, but it's probably a bit late for this since we are getting so close to release.

Windows builds will be patches not full update images

This would provide a way forward for how things need to be done after the final release. As close as we are getting, it is very likely. However, I'm not certain it would qualify as something that they have never done with a build before, as it seems this has been done already, though I can't be certain.

I kind of suspect that it will be releasing a synchronized build between PC and Mobile, as that is the ultimate goal to keep all OSes updated to the same version. If that's the case, then this needs to be accomplished at some point soon.

At any rate, it should be around 2 hours from now that we find out the details, if it's 9:00am Pacific Time, that is. Nearly 7:00am Pacific Time now.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
finally the answer is there: release build to slow and fast ring today

Mehh that won't happen. It beats the purpose of having two release branches to begin with.

My speculations:

1) release the builds for more phones with an option to rollback from within the OS itself OR

2) include device firmware with builds OR

3) add a third option in addition to fast and slow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel