Music Search 10572

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I can't find music search under Cortana any more..did it get removed or moved..or am I blind...lol - I know you can ask Cortana What song is this but used to be a music search link.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
You have to press and hold the Cortana key to make her listen - a tap won't do it. A music note icon should appear in the upper right corner. Tap that. Should do it. Just tried it on 10572 and that worked for me.

Had trouble finding it myself...

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the music search in the hamburger menu?

I couldn't find it last night when I looked, although I agree with you, as I swear I saw it there at one point. Only way I found it last night was with a long press of the search button. It does make sense in a way as that is how you trigger Cortana to listen, which you need to do for a music search.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't find it last night when I looked, although I agree with you, as I swear I saw it there at one point. Only way I found it last night was with a long press of the search button. It does make sense in a way as that is how you trigger Cortana to listen, which you need to do for a music search.
Wow, I can't believe they hid it over there though. How are new users supposed to know if the feature even exists? It would be nice if they added back the hamburger shortcut too.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I thought was in Hamburger as well. I know it used to show the note on tap but I do see it now when long press and Cortana. Should have in both places imo.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I thought was in Hamburger as well. I know it used to show the note on tap but I do see it now when long press and Cortana. Should have in both places imo.

Agreed. It is this way in the new release as well. I like the notes in the upper right, but it should be there when you open the Cortana app as well as with the long hold.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99