Just saw build 10.0.10581.0 is available

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm on 10572 but I'll think I'll wait with updating. I didn't like the sound of the 'storage settings' issue. Looking forward to reading everyone's experience here.

I find it strange that they released this build with this issue, nevertheless, I downloaded and installed it. I'm assuming that my previous storage settings were retained (all new apps installing to SD card - I'm currently downloading a few apps/games to test this)
I don't suppose it will be an issue, as I normally don't change these settings that much.. That's is of course, unless I run into an app that doesn't "allow to he installed to SD card". I know the system will auto-over ride this with some apps, so it'll be interesting to see what happens when this occurs.

Otherwise, everything else seems nice and smooth. I imagine we'll have to wait for the next build, for this storage thing to he straightened out.

islehopper

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
installed over 8.1 on 1520 (Asia-Region) - carried over everything fairly smoothly. while apps updated noticed several had errors. I cancelled those and let the rest finish. reboot. then checked for phone update again and once again saw spinning gears. thereafter updated apps and everything else updated completely. Checklist: Glance (OK), Cortana (OK), Chinese (Taiwan) Language Pack/Keyboard (OK), Battery Life (very good), Heat (none), Camera (ran into bug where backing out of camera left camera in non-working condition, reboot required), Quiet Time (works manually, unable to set up automatic rules), and Edge (favorites don't sync). No dropped calls or other weirdness with phone.

Really wish the 'tab' button on Edge could be changed to 'favorites'...

Cheers

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I still have the 5 apps that get errors trying to install (0x803F8006) each gets the same error message.
3 of the 5 are AT&T apps:. AT&T address, Device help, Mobile TV, Lumina help, and AT&T Drive. Each
time app updates are checked the same 5 show, but can't install, because of the error.

rakiBoi

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Im agree of what you said, latest Version is more stabe and smooth, improves Music Hub and Video Hub. the only problem is that Internal Storage can't detect at Storage setting(But you can detect it using File manager or connect in to PC). so probobly all Apps where installed to SD card, (thanks I have 32G SD cos i have a lot of Stuff). And my problem is that,before I know this Storage problem, I already buy new SD card (64G) to online shop.And I dont know how do I transfer all the stuff from my old sd card to my new one. T_T.. My plan before the upgrade is to move all my stuff from SD card to Internal Storage one by one then move it again to new SD card. But due to this new build issue. i can't do it anymore, hope they fix it sooner...

Akkaler

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
im on L640XL 8.10.15148.160 , will this 10581 wipe out all over 15148?? please advise.

Yes . You ll get windows 10 in ur mobile but I would like to suggest you to wait for some days as latest and less bug version of w10m 10586 is coming soon. So upgrade with that forthcoming version

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett