Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Frenchi 1

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Working snappy as an upgrade from 8.1. all software seems working faster. Offline maps still there, Sibley birds database still there, music, phonebook perfect. Did I say Here+ map is quick. I reverted to 8.1 from the preview in June 15. I came back last night with the tought it will be the 10575, but no, it is the 10581 on my lumia 928. So far so great.:angel:

Naz K

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey there!

I've installed the 81 version this night, coming from the 49 version. On my 930, unlocked, Europe. So, the installation went smooth, cca 20 minutes to boot.

The good:
- performance seems great
- no loading and resuming screens so far
- seems ok without a hard reset (though I still think I will do it just to be on the safe side)
- my native language text suggestions are downloading and installing, just like on 8.1 (that's a first for w10m)
- keyboard swipe works on other languages than English

The bad:
- Microsoft Photos plug-in is updating over and over again in the Store
- Messaging still crashes when trying to open Skype group chats
- Camera doesn't launch as fast as I would have expected
- Insider Hub not working at all, even the icon is messed up in the app list
- ...to be seen down the road...

Bottom line: a fair incremental update, works fine as a daily driver from what I can see. Still not sure about not doing that hard reset... anybody feeling any improvements after doing the hard reset?

ezio11

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I've installed it on my L1320 and it works fine for me. Till nw its ok but there is problem with the storage and its taking alot of time to charge the phone but battery backup is slightly good as compared to the previous build. heating issue is become less.
IS THERE ANYONE WHO IS FACING THE SAME PROBLEM?

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
What is the technical background of this claim? Tbh if I see any resuming, it is from a resuming app. Never had this in WP 8.x btw, don't know Android.

I don't want to go through the explanation for the 100th time.

Quick explanation:
restoring a context that is already in memory but suspended is much quicker than initializing everything from scratch. Unless the developer decided to put some init logics in the VisibilityChanged event too, but that is not an OS problem.

Shkupjani

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Update: The reason was - after the update by default Background is My Pictures :) I changed to None. Now the problem is resolved.

wp_ss_20151030_0004.jpg

Nokia Lumia 930 after the update:

wp_ss_20151030_0003.jpg
wp_ss_20151030_0002.jpg
wp_ss_20151030_0001.jpg

Last edited:

Satyendra Nair

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I just finished updating (640XL). Performance is almost as good as WP8.1, but animation while expanding the actions in notification center is laggy.
Also, a wierd problem I see is with scaling. For example, when I go to the windows central app, the font and tile size is as though I have scaled it to 200%, when it is only at 175%, but normal in a few other apps. Tried adjusting the scaling - all in vain.

Yet to try the hard reset. Will do it in a few.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, previous build screwed up the sms restore, so I performed hard reset to get them all back. Unfortunately, this build does not bother to restore sms at all... It seems I lost them for good.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned they had to go into the messaging app and turn syncing back on, maybe give that a shot?

ahmad karaki

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Just installed it on my lumia 920 its faster than wp8.1 specially with apps built for w10m theres some bugs that i will report but thi build so much better than the one i've been using 10536 no sign that i will need a hard reset wich is the greatest thing

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I don't want to go through the explanation for the 100th time.

Quick explanation:
restoring a context that is already in memory but suspended is much quicker than initializing everything from scratch. Unless the developer decided to put some init logics in the VisibilityChanged event too, but that is not an OS problem.

I would like to read an explanation once, because I did not yet see any idea of a proof for this mantra. You quick explanation describes multitasking. Indeed, if I work with multiple apps at the same time, it is good practice to keep them open. But I am talking about tasks I am finished with. Why should I keep them open blocking resources of the device and destroying overview in the task view, hindering me from working effectively with multiple apps I actually want to use at that time? It is fine that Windows handles paused tasks better than other systems though.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Please ask in a separate thread - or even better: Read! All of your questions are already answered widely or should be answerable by yourself. Short answer again: If you are concerned to loose something, please wait for the official release!
You sound mad. Ok then. I'm sorry because I'm just a poor Lumia 520 user with no knowledge about this Insider Preview thing.

I'll stop asking here from now on. I wish you all flagship Lumia owners a great day.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
You sound mad. Ok then. I'm sorry because I'm just a poor Lumia 520 user with no knowledge about this Insider Preview thing.

I'll stop asking here from now on. I wish you all flagship Lumia owners a great day.

Just trying to keep this thread clean as your question does not belong to the topic imo. It is always hard to keep an overview in these build threads. There is plenty of space next to it!

Just found this sticky: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-insider-preview/351062-guide-how-install-windows-10-mobile-insider-preview.html

Cree Ray

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The upgrade from 572 was completely automatic for me. Left it overnight and by morning it was ready. No hard reset. seems faster. Battery was good with 572, will take couple of days to figure out how this build holds out. Speedy is the first thing that comes to mind. Less of resuming. Even from Lockscreen to StartScreen is super fast. Motion data is still status quo. I don't have the glance issue. I am using this as a DD since 549. 581 is a huge improvement over 549. No nagging issues.

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
i can move offline maps to my sd card from internal storage, but unable to set storage location in the storage sense. 640xl dualsim from 536 to 581

Arievl

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Great build. Can't judge battery life yet and motion data is still in the store without option to update, but that's it. Build works fast, smooth, has a better look and feel (as far as I can see the bolder fonts from the previous build have been toned down a bit), great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99