Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
On my L520, updated from 10549.4 to 10581. First time got an error message. I did a soft reset.
Second just hung at 0% for a very long time. So I did a hard reset and the install worked.
Took a very long time to run gears and I had hooked it up to the PC, thinking I would need to run WPRT and magically, it finished.
Updated apps and it seems stable. Here Drive+ will not update and gives an error.
Backup seems to be useless, I restore a backup from before my reset and I'm not sure what I got from it.
No SMS and no apps.

Last edited:

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
If you go into settings/Update and enable Developer mode and Developer Portal it enables you to connect from your PC into the phone via a web site and see the processes running inside the phone.

Look in there and see what is using the CPU...

Awesome.... what website to look into the phone? I did all the steps but don't know the site to do it.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Adding my two cents. This is a very, VERY nice build. Bluetooth and Wifi seem stable again, and Cortana works properly on my band.

I also don't see any serious battery drain unless I play certain games.

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Feels very RTM on my Lumia 920
Even better than Denim.

"Insider Preview" disappeard from Settngs->Info and now it's only "Windows 10 Mobile" too.
And for a reason I would add: it's a very good RTM Candidate.

HUGE leap ahead from buggy, laggy and slow 10536/10549.
Congrats MS, it will be a killer OS together with new 950s

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Im still on the fence to jump onboard from factory 8.1. On 1520. I used dev. Preview with My old 920 of which I upgraded to 10. Now, however as a daily driver win. 8.1 is designed for Lumia. Anyone else on the fence? Is 8.1 smoother vanilla than 10 dev. Preview?

TitaniumSilver

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't know what kind of sorcery Gabe and his team performed, but my battery life so far on Build 10581 is so much better than its best days on WP 8.1 on my Lumia 930... So I'm really happy with this latest build. I did not done a hard reset. I haven't noticed any major bugs so far. This seems very close to RTM.

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Im still on the fence to jump onboard from factory 8.1. On 1520. I used dev. Preview with My old 920 of which I upgraded to 10. Now, however as a daily driver win. 8.1 is designed for Lumia. Anyone else on the fence? Is 8.1 smoother vanilla than 10 dev. Preview?
Talking about smoothness, I would have said the same until 10549.
W10M 10581 is faster, smoother and much more elegant than WP8.1 on same phone (L920 for me). It feels so good and polished now it's unbelievable how far ahead is compared to previous Insiders Builds.

W10M Final on new phones will be absolutely Terrific.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
My phone freezes more often with this new build, anyone else having the same issue?

I notice its freezes after you go back to Start screen from an app.
Might try a hard reset.

sncboom2k

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I installed this build on my HTC One M8 last night. Here's my experience:

I had 0% for about an hour while connected to my wifi - then suddenly it started "preparing for installation". I rebooted when prompted and went to bed. Woke up this morning and had the build correctly installed.

I clicked on messaging and was presented with messaging plus - with skype. Cool.

I tested my camera (which previously would take a single picture and then freeze) - still doing that. Bummer.
(If I open the picture it just took and then go back, I can take another picture. So unless I'm missing a setting I think this is a bug.)

I opened the store which previously showed me 26 updates pending but none would download. All downloaded and completed. YAY!

Ringtones are not showing up from the SD card - Bummer.
(Just fixed this by setting genre for each file to "ringtone") YAY!

I checked the storage settings and they are in fact blank. Bummer.

I have been using this for about 20 minutes so I'll post more as I find out more. Looking for bug corrections now.
HTC Still needs to fix the firmware. Same bug from 8.1 and all W10M installs where it shows I have a voicemail when I do not.

Hope this helps some folks.

Last edited:

TLuck Sharma

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone please tell me about following's performances in this latest build:
1. Groove(Without subscription)
2. Edge
3. One Note
4. Calendar
5. Messaging App
6. Podcast

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Same here, I am going to hard reset next.

But maybe its related to the 3rd and 4th mic issues in lots of L930/Icons? Try speaking directly into 4th mic which is located near in-phone call speaker, the one next to the front camera.

There was a post yesterday from someone. Turn the phone over and speak into the microphone and it should work better.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Works beautifully!! Many bug fixes, a few design changes, but overall, really close 10 RTM [especially since this is "Windows 10 Mobile" without a preview tag - check "About"]. I don't seem to have a second update that many are reporting. Doesn't feel like it's missing anything. There's almost no resume/loading screens, and it's real smooth, battery is doing better. No real complaints yet. Hopefully stays that way.

Reporting from my Lumia Icon.

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Talking about smoothness, I would have said the same until 10549.
W10M 10581 is faster, smoother and much more elegant than WP8.1 on same phone (L920 for me). It feels so good and polished now it's unbelievable how far ahead is compared to previous Insiders Builds.

W10M Final on new phones will be absolutely Terrific.

Brett Sites

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Running iHeartRadio app sure does heat up my Icon. Installing apps does the same. If doing nothing, it cools down. Win8.1 doesn't have these issues. Going to keep this 10 build on through the weekend and see how it functions as my daily driver. Will post any other issues as I find em.

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
If you go into settings/Update and enable Developer mode and Developer Portal it enables you to connect from your PC into the phone via a web site and see the processes running inside the phone.

Look in there and see what is using the CPU...

System IDLE using 60% EDGE about 25% (because it's running normally it's not) and just svchost using bout 10% nothing really.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss