11-27-2015 12:25 AM
1,199 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    OMG !! OMG !!! I can't believe that my LUMIA 520 runs smooth and super fast than ever with this Build 10581. I can't believe also my unit has only 512MB RAM can run super fast on Windows 10 build 10581. There are no more Black Screen, Loading, Resuming long wait issues, battery life issues, crashing Apps and Games. I want to thank GABE AUL and his Teams for this Build 10581 definetely AWESOME !!! One more thing, We Suggest to have CORTANA available in the philippines because I'm from the philippines and currently using region of UNITED STATES. Thank you and we are getting near, almost near to get the finish line.
    10-31-2015 01:13 AM
    Does anyone is having issues to open the folders in photos app since last update?
    10-31-2015 01:20 AM
    Another update for Microsoft Photos, fixes the crash for folders view that the previous update introduced.
    anon(9603734) likes this.
    10-31-2015 01:21 AM
    I'm a bit miffed, Upgraded from 1049x to 10581 and can't send any MMS. Reset / recreated APNs and still nothing (data is fine).
    Reset to 8.1 and straight to 10581 and still no luck.
    Now doing a hard reset on 10581 to see what happens, but at this rate I'll be going all the way back to 8.1

Oh and my phone went for repair, came back and now the camera button doesn't half-depress, so focus/snap happens all in one and in Lumia Camera, it takes a photo and then keeps taking them :'(
    Success. Full hard reset on 581 has enabled the additional APN settings that weren't there following the upgrade. So, I now have MMS working again. FFS.
    10-31-2015 01:31 AM
    I just am being told there's another entire update. Using an HTC One and it's almost done loading. Saw the gears for about 5 minutes, updated 23 things and now the phone is back. The only thing I looked at before signing off was storage. Shows my storage card data usage but not the phones usage. Chinese characters are all gone. Going to bed though...
    10-31-2015 01:51 AM
    Guys I updated for the first time from 8.1 to the new build 10581. After the upgrade I am unable to access the default browser on my 1520

Any help on this will be highly appreciated

Regards,
    Amit
    10-31-2015 02:18 AM
    This seems more like a bug than anything. Report it.
    Equal number of buttons per row in the action center could be intended as it "looks more polished". I would like other buttons I never use to be kicked out first. But at least all the actions should be selectable as on of the main buttons, therefore I reported it.
    10-31-2015 02:31 AM
    so far very happy with this build on my 930!!
    10-31-2015 03:32 AM
    Guys I updated for the first time from 8.1 to the new build 10581. After the upgrade I am unable to access the default browser on my 1520

Any help on this will be highly appreciated

Regards,
    Amit
    Do you reset after update?
    Ms edge works great here..
    10-31-2015 03:45 AM
    I found a bug with the all apps list on the right of the start screen: When exiting an app back to the all apps list, the dark shade-like filter is not there anymore. The only time it comes back is when you go back to the start screen and swipe left again to bring the all apps list back.
    10-31-2015 03:46 AM
    Upgraded from 10549 and it's just getting better! Everything is a lot smoother and battery life doesn't suck as it used to.
    10-31-2015 03:47 AM
    Equal number of buttons per row in the action center could be intended as it "looks more polished". I would like other buttons I never use to be kicked out first. But at least all the actions should be selectable as on of the main buttons, therefore I reported it.
    I wish they'd been braver with the action center buttons and went for a Piet Mondrian style asymmetrical grid.
    10-31-2015 03:50 AM
    I have two 720's running 10572 and one has that freezing bug. I have found that if I keep the number of running apps down to 1 or two that keeps it alive. My guess was the low amount of ram.
    Hmm maybe.. But on me, i got it the most when play around photos, message, people, and got multiple notification. I guess ram not the most reason, because my music still play when screen freeze, my motif sound works also. But i still like 2 last build, stable enough even for my 512 device :)
    10-31-2015 03:51 AM
    Although I don't really mind getting the notification, I do not like it when it both vibrates and makes sound. I would like to keep it quiet. This setting I cannot find.
    10-31-2015 03:54 AM
    Wish for RTM: Live Photo support for the Live Tile of the Photos app. Imagine seeing your Live Photo come to life as it gets highlighted by the Photos app live tile. Imagine seeing the same with a Camera taken video. That'd be awesome. Please make it happen Microsoft.
    Joe920 likes this.
    10-31-2015 03:56 AM
    My Lumia 630's battery went down very quick the first day I used it. I hope the next update fixes it. Overal this build is very fast :)
    10-31-2015 03:57 AM
    Hello guys.

I have few questions.

1. Store isnt live tile, in settings live is turn on, is that normal? On w8 was live

2. All my pictures are on one drive and i can't found one drive when i want to send picture from whatshapp. ( I think i red somewhere that it will be posible from one drive send pictures via whatshapp )

3. Where is storege sense? When i enter it i only see "save locations" which i can choose for my apps, downloads... I cant see free space on my phone or i don't know where to see it on w10

4. I cant set google as default in edge, i go settings, advanced settings but there is only bing and i can't remove it or set google, google isnt there and i cant add google by myself.
    10-31-2015 04:27 AM
    After installing the new build, I can't install any foreign keyboards (i.e. Japanese, Turkish etc).. All are failed in the midway. Only English is supported. Anyone knows the workaround?
    10-31-2015 05:06 AM
    Reinstall Windows Insider, enroll in the Fast Ring, restart device. Should work now.
    10-31-2015 05:29 AM
    There, as far as I know, hasn't been any official statement on whether they changed the lock screen behaviour.
    I don't remember also anything official announcement about that but they did change the lockscreen behaviour for some reason. Its definitely not a bug but for I don't like it either, it's feels disjoint. I love the revealing window-shade-like Lockscreen before, it feels the lockscreen really unlocks the device as it actually covers the content. Also the ability to peek what's underneath is a nice touch and quite useful maybe to some. Lastly it feels more natural as whole lockscreen follows the finger.
    Captains likes this.
    10-31-2015 05:40 AM
    Does anyone is having issues to open the folders in photos app since last update?
    yes, app crashes
    10-31-2015 05:53 AM
    1. Store isnt live tile, in settings live is turn on, is that normal? On w8 was live
    Store Live Tile is really live on W10M. Maybe its a bug, it works mine but I'm still at Build 10572. Check the Store settings in the Hamburger menu, maybe its turned off.

2. All my pictures are on one drive and i can't found one drive when i want to send picture from whatshapp. ( I think i red somewhere that it will be posible from one drive send pictures via whatshapp )
    Unfortunately I can't able to answer this. I'm not using Whatsapp. I hope others can help you. I think this is another bug or maybe missed functionality that they didn't implement.

3. Where is storege sense? When i enter it i only see "save locations" which i can choose for my apps, downloads... I cant see free space on my phone or i don't know where to see it on w10
    Storage Sense in W10M is simple called Storage, no more branding or anything. It usually refresh first before you even see how much space you have, but it should always show. Try show us the screenshot.

4. I cant set google as default in edge, i go settings, advanced settings but there is only bing and i can't remove it or set google, google isnt there and i cant add google by myself.
    Well unfortunately the new method of changing search engine is hit-and-miss. I didn't manage to change on mine but others did, you have to visit the website using the desktop Edge on latest Insider Build with search engine on it (like Google, Wikipedia, YouTube), then after a while go to the Edge settings on your phone and the new search engine should come up. Normally we can change it on our phones, somehow it doesn't always work.

In short its a bug issue. Please submit a bug feedback on Feedback app.
    Rayno20 likes this.
    10-31-2015 05:54 AM
    I agree to this!!! It's running amazing on my 520! Its performance is almost close to 8.1!
    Do you have the sms app crashing the phone when exiting too?
    10-31-2015 05:58 AM
    After installing the new build, I can't install any foreign keyboards (i.e. Japanese, Turkish etc).. All are failed in the midway. Only English is supported. Anyone knows the workaround?
    Keep trying. Hitting retry. It's a nagging bug. I found that having a VERY STRONG WiFi signal works after a few tries. The other option is 8.1 rollback install all languages/keyboards/glance screen/lumia camera system apps etc. Do a backup and install 10581
    10-31-2015 06:05 AM
    Same issue for me too. I guess it happens to all of us. Motion Data app itself works fine though.
    10-31-2015 06:11 AM
1,199 ... 2223242526 ...