Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Kenneth Fossum

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I was very happy with the previous build. Just updated to this one. No hard reset or anything. Everything works well. Ultra fast. Impressed. I am sure I will stumble upon a few quirks here and there, but this is solid stuff.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Regarding the 1520 on the new build, is anyone experiencing tap scroll issues still or is it a hardware defect?

I thought the 1520 had a tap/scrolling hardware issue related to the screen lifting up or something. It's erratic so it's probably not 10 related.

A few other points for some posts in the thread. As for motion not working for others, do a search in settings on motion and you'll see two of them. One is under privacy and I believe it to be the new version, and the other is the old version under extras (which doesn't work). Also as has been said, I believe Lumia Camera is going away, notice how the Microsoft Camera now include things like rich capture, just like Lumia Camera did. However, I don't see a way to edit rich capture photos after they've been taken. Anyone know how?

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Just returned from a short geocaching trip with my 1520:
+ Battery life seems to be on par with 8.1, device kept cool all the time
+ GPS is as good as always.
+ Not a single crash or reboot so far with this build, but I did not take any pictures yet. Previous build 10572 was horribly unstable.
- Copy and paste does not work in my GC app (maaloo). This also got an update today, so I don't know who to blame.
- Deleting text with backspace is sometimes slow, maybe due to each "new word" being looked up in the dictionary.

Overall I have a good feeling for the November date now despite my long list of missing features from 8.1. But I would definitely still not recommend it to everybody as it cleary stays a bloody beta for now.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
3 time the charm, well sort of. Upgraded my L830 from 8.1 to latest W10M mobile build and got to say, immensely improved over the last preview build I tried (10536), no hard reset as of yet but could be a necessity in near future if things start to go awry.

A few notables are... Right after the initial install my phone decided to freeze and the only recourse was to pull the battery, since then no similar situations have occurred, have had the odd app crashes which seem to be sporadic (no particular pattern). Camera seems a tad slower to launch although it could just be me, most other aspects related to camera appear normal. Going into setting and selecting "Storage" no longer shows my phone's storage but does show MicroSD card (displays foreign characters for name?), the dropdowns to select where to "save to" also have odd characters with only one choice available, assuming it relates to MicroSD. Battery appears on par with 8.1 if not slightly improved, will have to give it a few more days to know for sure.

In the end I have to eat a little crow, wasn't expecting such an improvement so kudos to MS, in saying that, do think they are trailing as to where they should actually be at this point but with what I'm seeing now our excitement is once again on the rise, hopefully that trend continues. ;-)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
. Going into setting and selecting "Storage" no longer shows my phone's storage but does show MicroSD card (displays foreign characters for name?), the dropdowns to select where to "save to" also have odd characters with only one choice available, assuming it relates to MicroSD. Battery appears on par with 8.1 if not slightly improved, will have to give it a few more days to know for sure.

Read the Gabe blog or the official release notes

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Just how, when it's been fine for the last 3 builds, did MS break Storage Sense?! Every other major issue has been fixed, and then the usual procedure of a hard reset after install really ****s things up if you've got an 8GB flash device. My phone is now stuffed full, no room for Edge to even cache pages, and my App List shows 2/3rd pending, with the Store showing quite a download backlog.

King112585

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Lumia Icon just updated from 8.1. For some reason I am unable to set a background image or lock screen. Otherwise the OS is amazingly quick and fluid (both in general navigation and loading apps). I've had a few apps crash but nothing too major. PS Edge seems crazy fast when your used to Internet Explorer.

devinlars

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Smooth on my L830 too. My only real complaint is the keyboard/predictive text, not very good yet and slow but usable. I'm using it as my daily driver and couldn't be happier. Now to pick up my Band 2!

Jakeman02

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Running fine on my 640. Battery life is greatly improved over previous builds but I am having an related issue. The battery indicator hasn't moved, it's still showing full as if it just came off the charger. The percentage reading is going down though so that seems accurate I just can't figure out why the indicator isn't moving. Is this happening for anyone else or am I the odd one here, any ideas?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else's VPN icon disappeared from the Action center? Mine is gone and I don't see any way to get it back. It makes the Action center more symmetric with a 5-item row layout (now exactly 15 icons), but I used that one a lot... so I hope it's not gone.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else's VPN icon disappeared from the Action center? Mine is gone and I don't see any way to get it back. It makes the Action center more symmetric with a 5-item row layout (now exactly 15 icons), but I used that one a lot... so I hope it's not gone.

VPN is still there on my device. Lumia 930.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
VPN is still there on my device. Lumia 930.
Interesting. I have an Icon, which should be pretty much the same phone. I can still use VPN by pinning it from the settings section to the Start menu, but the Action center toggle is gone, as far as I can tell. Weird.

milos_shoux

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I think the next build is going to be just as fast if not faster than WP 8.1, and that's on a Lumia 925, hardware that's 2 and a half years old. Windows 10 mobile looks great, works great, and with true universal apps (not like on Windows 8) I really believe that the future looks bright. But let's wait and see.

Ben Hanchett

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
MS, I have been very vocal throughout this process. Critical and even frustrated by EDGE specifically. Well on my 1520 and 640, MS you have delivered! This is smoothest my 1520 has been since I bought it. Now please fix the app error issues in the store. Congratulations on a job well done because I thought there no way in hell this would be functional

Anthony199

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Please check in the Mail app, if you have enabled notifications. You can change them for every mail account seperately.

Thanks for your reply. I have a super fast internet connection, and all accounts with "download as item arrives", and "on" for "show in action center". However I still get emails very late on my Lumia 1520.

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I thought the 1520 had a tap/scrolling hardware issue related to the screen lifting up or something. It's erratic so it's probably not 10 related.

A few other points for some posts in the thread. As for motion not working for others, do a search in settings on motion and you'll see two of them. One is under privacy and I believe it to be the new version, and the other is the old version under extras (which doesn't work). Also as has been said, I believe Lumia Camera is going away, notice how the Microsoft Camera now include things like rich capture, just like Lumia Camera did. However, I don't see a way to edit rich capture photos after they've been taken. Anyone know how?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo