11-27-2015 12:25 AM
1,199 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    My wife's 1520 was doing the constant "SAVING" issue after taking photos while we were at the State Fair today so I had her let the update install while we were there.
    Sadly her phone is still doing the "SAVING" issue even after the 581 update. Hmm...
    My 1520 seems to be fine.
    She might need a hard reset I think.
    10-31-2015 11:34 PM
    My wife's 1520 was doing the constant "SAVING" issue after taking photos while we were at the State Fair today so I had her let the update install while we were there.
    Sadly her phone is still doing the "SAVING" issue even after the 581 update. Hmm...
    My 1520 seems to be fine.
    She might need a hard reset I think.
    Mine is doing the same thing. It wasn't so bad later in the day, but the first several pictures i took after installing the update required a reboot in order to continue taking pictures. Soooooo annoying. I'm really hoping I don't have to hard reset my phone. I can't believe this is still a bug after all these years. Especially since it's worse now. I used to be able to just back out of the camera app, but now I have to reboot the phone all together to "fix" it.
    schtompi likes this.
    10-31-2015 11:39 PM
    Can someone update if the only 3G setting is present, cos that was like the most wanted feature I am waiting for in Win 10. My work environment is such that 3G is a lil weaker than 2G and my Lumia sticks to 2G while my Samsung frnds enjoy 3G on the same carrier. I'll be really disappointed if after so many years the Only 3G option was pulled off again.
    11-01-2015 12:42 AM
    Can someone update if the only 3G setting is present, cos that was like the most wanted feature I am waiting for in Win 10. My work environment is such that 3G is a lil weaker than 2G and my Lumia sticks to 2G while my Samsung frnds enjoy 3G on the same carrier. I'll be really disappointed if after so many years the Only 3G option was pulled off again.
    You will be disappointed then, at least with the current builds. Mee too btw.
    Kunal Dudwadkar likes this.
    11-01-2015 01:14 AM
    Could those who also see the Camera "SAVING..." issue and also those who do not for sure comment on whether they store their photos to internal memory or SD card please? I'm saving to SD, which I inserted mainly for that purpose. It should be fast enough though as it is a SanDisk Extreme Plus 64 GB rated 90 MB/s writing speed.

I guess writing speed should not be the cause. But it seems there is still heavy work going on with the storage system as they also introduced the now broken redesigned storage sense in 10572, which I really liked due to its short processing times and nice layout.
    11-01-2015 01:28 AM
    I'd love to try 10581, but my L535 on 10549 is stuck on "Downloading Update 0%".

A soft reset didn't sort it. Actually I'm not sure this soft reset is even working - Volume Down+Lock is starting up Windows Feedback before the device reboots, really ****ing odd!

So I'm going to try hard reset, get it running with very few apps, put Insider on and then try again.
    Having the same issues on my l925. And don't want to hard reset.
    11-01-2015 01:49 AM
    Short report from yesterday's outdoor session with this build on my 1520:

++ Rock solid! I did not suffer from any unwanted app crashes or reboots, where 10572 was really unusable. Seems to be not the case for everyone, so I hope MS finds the right tweaks to get it stable for all out there.
    ++ Guess I don't have to say to much about performance, will try my 820 later today to find out if it sees an equal boost.
    + Battery life is fine, at least as far as I can tell from that single session. But I would not yet say that it is on par with 8.1, maybe more like 75% in comparison. I took the camera issues and one reboot connected to it into account. However, most of the time I had my geocaching app open which has the same demand for GPS and display under W10M as under WP8.1 I guess. Having a look into battery usage, I have the feeling that the new Messaging app makes the difference, although I only used it for text messages yesterday, Skype just logged in.
    - The camera issues as described earlier really have to be sorted out as they are a true show stopper. I had to wait in front of a group of people trying to take photos of the nice valley view while the Camera said SAVING... But I like the refreshed and nicely integrated UI.

As you can see I don't have too much complaints about this build. Just fix the known bugs, add some of big missing features from 8.1 and I'm going to be really happy!
    Last edited by Unauthorized; 11-01-2015 at 01:05 AM.
    Madam ImAdam likes this.
    11-01-2015 01:49 AM
    I'd love to try 10581, but my L535 on 10549 is stuck on "Downloading Update 0%".

A soft reset didn't sort it. Actually I'm not sure this soft reset is even working - Volume Down+Lock is starting up Windows Feedback before the device reboots, really ****ing odd!
    Are you on Wifi? It refused to download when I was on 4G, but worked well on Wifi some minutes later. Also, while holding the keys to soft reset, don't care about what's going on in the meantime! ;)
    11-01-2015 01:52 AM
    I can't download, it's stuck on 94% for two days now.
    11-01-2015 01:55 AM
    I can't download, it's stuck on 94% for two days now.
    How much storage remains? It needs 1.22GB on my 636.
    11-01-2015 01:20 AM
    As already mentioned several times, the Lumia Camera App will be discontinued (You even get a message on your phone), so I think people should forget about that App (no matter how good it was....), and focus on Windows camera.
    As long as they don't touch lumia 1020 and leave the lumia camera app there
    11-01-2015 01:37 AM
    So many posts on this thread. Not reading

Installed 10581 yesterday (31st October)

• Downgraded to 8.1
    • Installed updates for 8.1
    • Installed a few apps especially those I needed like Here maps, refocus, 6tag, proshot etc
    • Synced messages
    • Did not restore backup
    • Installed core apps like Lumia camera and creative studio
    • Installed language packs, keyboard, dumped US english
    • Started process to upgrade to 10581
    • Got into 10581 after 45 minutes or so
    • Checked for updates, installed, restarted
    • Started changing settings while downloading and updating apps

Plus points
    • Video playback is smooth, especially for the 1080p videos recorded by my phone
    • Tiles like whatsapp can go wide again
    • Found why messaging wouldn't give me notifications - I had disabled it in background. Now working

Minus
    • Again refocus and cinemagraph don't work even though they worked in 8.1. Guess they have been discontinued
    • Storage sense doesn't work - known issue
    • Word flow still has issues - keeps missing words. Sometimes the letter "i" doesn't become capital. Short words like "the, there, we" are tricky and need manual typing

Items left for further checking
    Haven't checked editing photos in bulk
    Battery no idea
    11-01-2015 02:21 AM
    mine (640xl) was like that ( at 0%) for a quiet well, then suddenly start to download ....... if you have a good wifi, just wait
    11-01-2015 02:28 AM
    hmm finally installed latest build on my Lumia 640 from 10572 update process was quite snappy, download stuck on 0% for 2 hours then suddenly started to prepare for the Installation, then went well,

This build is quite stable well lot more smooth,

didn't encountered any serious Issue until Now,

Win 10 mobile becomes a solid OS !!! Soon we will get the Full Potential i Hope :)
    11-01-2015 02:48 AM
    When 10581 is first installed, it downloads app updates for at least an hour or two meaning it will get hot and run down quickly during this time. I left mine on charge while it did this. Once all the updates were done, it was fine, battery life may even be slightly better than when I was on 8.1, it's definitely not worse. I am on a Lumia 930 too.
    11-01-2015 02:51 AM
    I have found that if I stop and cancel the auto updates, then search for them again and download individually it takes a lot less time - normally 10 minutes or so. Seems when left to it's own devices my 640 XL tries to run/queue several at once and it just slows the whole process down and gets the phone a little hot and bothered. Been using 581 over the weekend and it's nice and stable for me, no restarts and battery life is at least as good as 8.1 on my phone. No real irritations for me.
    11-01-2015 03:34 AM
    Performance is good for me on my Lumia 730. But storage app is not showing my phone storage.
    11-01-2015 04:03 AM
    Good but Win 8.1 is still the performance king, no delays nothing , now i get to see some delay when pressing on pinned contacts while on 8.1 it was instant. And still missing the full screen contact picture when calling or being called.
    11-01-2015 04:07 AM
    Performance is good for me on my Lumia 730. But storage app is not showing my phone storage.
    Bug listed by Gabe himself.
    11-01-2015 04:10 AM
    Same here, i think that's the only bug i noticed in this build, well aside from battery consumption which is still konda worse compared to 8.1..
    11-01-2015 04:51 AM
    In my Lumia 520 it freezes completely after a certain number of apps staying in the background. Perhaps a memory issue but not entirely sure.
    It also freezes when exiting photos app, or messeging app but again not sure about the cause. Each time i have to pull out the battery for it, because none of the hardware buttons working.
    11-01-2015 05:05 AM
    In my Lumia 520 it freezes completely after a certain number of apps staying in the background. Perhaps a memory issue but not entirely sure.
    It also freezes when exiting photos app, or messeging app but again not sure about the cause. Each time i have to pull out the battery for it, because none of the hardware buttons working.
    Confirm lumia 720 too. Yes, the most when open photos, message, people, and when got multiple notification. For lumia 720 restart using power+volume still works. But i think memory isnt the most reason, because my music still play, notification sound also, just the display freezed. But i dunno, random freeze. Imo
    11-01-2015 05:40 AM
    I have more than 1.8gb
    11-01-2015 05:52 AM
    Sadly, i suspect this is probably just a function of the 512ram available on some older Lumias. I am only running it on phones with 1gb and not seeing any of that.
    11-01-2015 05:53 AM
    11-01-2015 06:36 AM
1,199 ... 2829303132 ...