Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the sms app crashing the phone when exiting too?

SMS app is Messaging right? So far I haven't encountered such thing.

What I have though is a problem on the brightness toggle. Only the automatic brightness option seems to work properly. Low, medium, and high brightness options are quite broken.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
SMS app is Messaging right? So far I haven't encountered such thing.

What I have though is a problem on the brightness toggle. Only the automatic brightness option seems to work properly. Low, medium, and high brightness options are quite broken.

Me too, since 3 builds ago. But now I'm angry for that sms freezes :angry:I removed the skype integration too

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I don't remember also anything official announcement about that but they did change the lockscreen behaviour for some reason. Its definitely not a bug but for I don't like it either, it's feels disjoint. I love the revealing window-shade-like Lockscreen before, it feels the lockscreen really unlocks the device as it actually covers the content. Also the ability to peek what's underneath is a nice touch and quite useful maybe to some. Lastly it feels more natural as whole lockscreen follows the finger.

I agree with every single word. The new unlocking animation does not seem to be a bug as it persisted for some builds now, starting with the transparent pin keypad. But it looks kind of buggy as only the text moves up first and the background fades out afterwards. This destroys the imitation of a curtain or shutter in front of the content and also results in a longer animation.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
On my 1520, I'm seeing this build as a bit of a downgrade over 10572. Although there have been minor improvements to performance and battery life, it has come at the significant expense of stability and functionality.

The SD card issues remind me of the similar bug back in build 10166, it shouldn't have reared itself again so much further into development. Additionally, I've had my phone crash and reset itself twice now doing different things, once when replying to a text and once when opening a new tab in Edge. In addition, after about two days of running, the phone slowed to a crawl, with apps constantly crashing, requiring a soft reset to restore performance.

This is in stark contrast to 10572, which whilst not quite as fast as this build, but was the first build I've used that had every piece of functionality working. Zero crashes, no need to soft reset at any time, and (finally) good battery life compared to previous builds.

Overall I'm a bit apathetic towards this build. I hope they didn't skimp on QA for this build just so they could push it the same day as a desktop build. I'd have gladly waited another few days (considering how long we've been waiting in the past between builds) for one that was more stable and had fewer problems.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriends icon cannot connect to Edge Browser after build 10581.

Do you mean she can't access the internet through Edge? Does any other network access work? Is this over wifi or mobile data?

If this issue is happening with all data use on the phone and you're on mobile data, you may have to set the correct MMS and Internet APN details on the phone. You can set them by going to settings > network & wireless > mobile & sim > Sim settings, but you'll need to get the right ones for your network provider.

If it's happening over wifi, have you tried a hard reset?

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
On my 1520, I'm seeing this build as a bit of a downgrade over 10572. Although there have been minor improvements to performance and battery life, it has come at the significant expense of stability and functionality.

For me and my 1520 it was the other way round, 10572 was unusable and 10581 is a very solid one so far. I wonder what the reason is exactly but I guess they are tweaking, so there should be hope that we get a stable version in the end! :)

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
They never worked for me even on Windows 8.1. L920. Low & High has same (high) brightness with Medium and Auto working as it should.

Nokia phones have some settings in the Extras area that let you manually modify brightness profiles. I found that upgrading from 8.1 to W10 build would keep the settings, but the applet to change them had disappeared. I had to do a full re-flash back to w8.1 default image through flashtool/wpdr tool, then upgrade with all settings on default.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For me and my 1520 it was the other way round, 10572 was unusable and 10581 is a very solid one so far. I wonder what the reason is exactly but I guess they are tweaking, so there should be hope that we get a stable version in the end! :)

Which region and model of 1520 do you have? I have 1520.3, RM-937 configured for use in the UK/Europe. Perhaps the builds react differently to the other models (RM-938 for US unlocked, RM-939 for China and RM-940 for US locked to AT&T).

It would certainly explain why so many people have such widely varying experiences with this particular model. I'm not sure there's any other nokia handset which has 12 variants running worldwide.

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Build running mostly smoothly on my 720 and 532. When you return to the All Programs list after exiting a program, it's no longer dark, and the background picture is at full brightness - I think this is a cosmetic bug. Sometimes the All Programs list judders a little, sometimes it scrolls smoothly.

One thing I would like to see in the Telephone app: the name of the current network on the Live Tile, or even the status bar. For example, when I was in Cyprus a couple of weeks ago, I was roaming (with my German and Polish SIMs), so the triangle icon appeared. Fine - but receiving a call on a (Greek) Cyprus network costs around six cents a minute, but the price is more than 20 times higher on one of the Turkish networks, which the phone will switch to automatically if the signal is stronger. It's impossible to tell which network you are on without going deep into settings. And this is a common issue - it happened to me near the Swiss border, for example, and within many countries the price of roaming can differ greatly depending on the network you're on. (Yes, you can set network selection to manual - but being able to see this useful info would be helpful, and there's lots of room on the tile.)

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes no access to the browser.. It snaps back to the start screen. Data wifi is on.

You'll most likely need to do a hard reset - it seems almost like Edge hasn't even installed properly on the phone. If a hard reset doesn't work you'll probably have to flash back to 8.1 and perhaps try the upgrade again.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Which region and model of 1520 do you have? I have 1520.3, RM-937 configured for use in the UK/Europe. Perhaps the builds react differently to the other models (RM-938 for US unlocked, RM-939 for China and RM-940 for US locked to AT&T).

It would certainly explain why so many people have such widely varying experiences with this particular model. I'm not sure there's any other nokia handset which has 12 variants running worldwide.

This is also my guess. I have the RM-937_eu_euro2_211, is that different from yours? Firmware is 02540.00019.15234.50004.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
@omoronovo..
Do I download recovery tool for a rollback or is there another workaround to revert to 8.1?

You have to use the recovery tool for it; upgrading to Windows 10 mobile removes the factory partition containing the stock image. Bear in mind this will erase all data on the device though, so be sure before you click "go" that there's nothing on there that you need to keep around.

Sarveshwar

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Nokia phones have some settings in the Extras area that let you manually modify brightness profiles. I found that upgrading from 8.1 to W10 build would keep the settings, but the applet to change them had disappeared. I had to do a full re-flash back to w8.1 default image through flashtool/wpdr tool, then upgrade with all settings on default.

I have, from the start, even when I had Nokia Symbian phones have been using auto settings. So it is not what bothered me.

Anyway, I do not have any such settings in extras. There is a sunlight readability, auto brightness on/off and colour profile. You can not modify 'brightness profile' on Lumia 920 or any other Windows Phone that I know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb