11-27-2015 12:25 AM
1,199 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    Confirm lumia 720 too. Yes, the most when open photos, message, people, and when got multiple notification. For lumia 720 restart using power+volume still works. But i think memory isnt the most reason, because my music still play, notification sound also, just the display freezed. But i dunno, random freeze. Imo
    11-01-2015 07:03 AM
    Few things from my side:
    LUMIA 925
    - slower than 8.1 but OK (only after hard reset)
    - glance screen working but app in store reports bug and can`t update
    - all "live tiles" are actually dead ones, only facebook and amazing weather HD and calendar apps work for me, this is the most annoying bug for me
    - battery currently better than 8.1, 15-16 hours since charging, left 55%, from it it was 8h overnight.
    Dali
    -
    11-01-2015 07:15 AM
    Almost all applications do not open anymore! This includes Phone, People, Messaging, Feedback, Store,Internet Explorer (Edge), Photo and Media applications!
    My phone is now useless!
    11-01-2015 07:45 AM
    Almost all applications do not open anymore! This includes Phone, People, Messaging, Feedback, Store,Internet Explorer (Edge), Photo and Media applications!
    My phone is now useless!
    Hard reset your phone for best results.
    11-01-2015 08:14 AM
    Few things from my side:
    LUMIA 925
    - all "live tiles" are actually dead ones, only facebook and amazing weather HD and calendar apps work for me, this is the most annoying bug for me
    -
    So not ALL Live Tiles are Dead?
    sulistyarso and DavidinCT like this.
    11-01-2015 08:16 AM
    So not ALL Live Tiles are Dead?
    All live tiles working fine on my L830.
    11-01-2015 08:24 AM
    I'm very happy with this build. Many apps are working PROPERLY now! Even Live Clock Tile 8.1 works with frequent tile updates.
    11-01-2015 08:35 AM
    It is working well my on HTC one m8. It brought back the "knock on" feature. I was having issues with one of my outlook accounts and the new build fixed it along with some other issues. Honestly I was looking for a new phone when I decided to give the preview option another try. The latest preview convinced me to stay with WP. I don't want to spend the money on another phone right now. As far as the new build is concerned, I keep forgetting that it is a preview. It feels really close to finished.
    11-01-2015 08:40 AM
    Took the plunge on my old 920 this a.m. Didn't hard reset, came off DP 8.1 Update1 cyan firmware. It's still downloading apps. Seems to work okay ( wifi only), we'll see how it goes. Not my daily driver.
    11-01-2015 09:20 AM
    So here we are. Build 10581, this is my fourth Build and it is at the point where I can finally recommend it to moderate Windows Phone fans as a daily driver.

In the last four Builds I would always say that it is "usable" but still hesitant to recommend it as a daily driver.

On my Nokia Lumia 822 the OS flies and I'd dare say it matches the speed we enjoyed in 8.1
    I always thought the old hardware of the 822 is to be blamed but it is apparent to me now that it is not.

Loading.... Resuming screens? Begone!!!
    Overlong splashscreens? solved, it's more like the 8.1 Calendar app now in terms of speed.
    Crashing apps? Almost all solved. Happened to one or two apps. Nothing too glaring that would hamper your experience.
    Blank Tiles? No more
    Crashing when switching from the Camera app to the Photos app? All clear
    Microsoft EDGE slow and crashing? I like it better now than IE11 on WP8.1, it was hella fast the other day when I did a bank transfer on 3G.
    Delay when swiping the Action Center? Very smooth now.
    Battery Life? I think it's similar now to what it was back in 8.1

Definitely the best Build so far and one that I can wholly recommend.

All is not perfect though and here are my personal quibbles.

People App - An essential app in keeping your contacts and I think it sucks compared to the 8.1 People App.
    - It might actually be the slowest launching app of the bunch.
    - I still hate the color background when viewing a contact.
    - Contact picture takes a second to load when launching the app.
    - Bland experience when swiping to groups.
    - I can still feel some underlying bugs in the app.

The Store
    - It actually performs really well and has an acceptable speed but still not up there with the 8.1 Store
    - Most of my complaints for this app really is pure aesthetics. The old 8.1 Store is IMO designed to really make one enjoy browsing for apps and it does trigger my spending habits because I have purchased quite a handful of apps.
    - I really wish they would bring back Panoramic swiping when looking between app categories.
    - Checking for Updates takes about a minute, in 8.1 it was almost instant.

Finally, I find it baffling that the Messaging, Settings, Mail and Calendar app uses a grey background color instead of true black like before.

Still, Highly Recommended.
    11-01-2015 09:23 AM
    working perfect! very fast build. I am satisfied
    11-01-2015 09:24 AM
    On this build proximity sensor working on Lumia 535??
    11-01-2015 09:30 AM
    Download stuck at 45% did a hard reset before downloading the update and also the phones is connected to the charger while downloading.. Still no use.. Always this used to solve the problem for me :/
    11-01-2015 09:40 AM
    Working very well on 640. Only strange thing is the storage, it doesn't show where to put new apps. Edge sometimes crashes. Daily driver material. Maybe overkill, but I have been doing a hard reset before and after the latest 2 and it seems to work fine for me.
    11-01-2015 09:59 AM
    Only strange thing is the storage, it doesn't show where to put new apps. Edge sometimes crashes.
    I know why MS doesn't provide changelogs with its apps...
    Sunstorming likes this.
    11-01-2015 10:11 AM
    I have big problem with photos,had it on previous build also....photos not showing up,only the one i took after the build install...on last build same problem but sometimes they showed up here and there...also in settings it only shows sd card as photos source

Cant change where to install apps photos etc..it all saves on sd apparently,when i tried installing whatsaap it gave me an error to install it on phone memory not sd,then it gave me option to force install on phone,so i managed to install it...last build had this options

One annoying problem on wp10,on every build i tried ia that system apps dont close on back press,why dont they solve that,so messaging,phone,settings and everything rearding system stays in backgroung,gotta kill them in task view
    11-01-2015 10:18 AM
    One annoying problem on wp10,on every build i tried ia that system apps dont close on back press,why dont they solve that,so messaging,phone,settings and everything rearding system stays in backgroung,gotta kill them in task view
    Some say it is by design, others say it is a bug. I find it annoying too (see several post earlier in this thread or my separate thread). For me this behavior just fills up resources without any benefit and destroys overview in the task view, especially when the apps are reordered there according to their last usage. Coming from 8.1 it looks like a bug.
    11-01-2015 10:32 AM
    Turned on camera upload in onedrive and photos just appeared...but i don't want camera upload!!!
    11-01-2015 10:39 AM
    Then please check if the photos are really stored on the SD card or in OneDrive! Happened to me once with a build that photos were uploaded instead of stored to SD when I definitely never configured it!
    11-01-2015 10:41 AM
    Yes,they are on sd...turned off camera upload but i expect the photos will disappear again like on last build
    11-01-2015 10:44 AM
    Sorry, to hear all that mate. I switched to 10581 on Lumia 1520 and it is the best build I ever had. It works absolutely fantastic, and it is snappy, reliable and ye cannot even compare it to the previous one.

Sincerely, it is the best one so far. No bugs, no rubbish: all good, mate.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    11-01-2015 10:51 AM
    Some say it is by design, others say it is a bug. I find it annoying too (see several post earlier in this thread or my separate thread). For me this behavior just fills up resources without any benefit and destroys overview in the task view, especially when the apps are reordered there according to their last usage. Coming from 8.1 it looks like a bug.
    It's not a bug. It's a new feature. We don't like so we report daily via feedback service, hoping they reverse to previous way
    11-01-2015 10:52 AM
    I just upgraded my Lumia 1020 from 8.1.....

The only major problem is that Edge doesn't work. I try launching it but then it immediately closes down?! Any ideas? I already tried a soft reset.

Thanks
    11-01-2015 11:19 AM
    It's not a bug. It's a new feature. We don't like so we report daily via feedback service, hoping they reverse to previous way
    Thanks, found several about this and voted. :)

Btw: International users may find more content in the feedback app after switching keyboard to ENG-US and searching again. ;)
    11-01-2015 11:27 AM
    On my Lumia 1520 it runs smoothly.

Bugs:
    - One strange bug (also on the insider build before): With language set to "german", you cannot typ the letters "s", "r" & "u" in the url field in edge-browser. Switching to english works but that is not very usable for german costumers.
    - motion data cannot be updated in store. Also new updates are not installed instantly, often only after looking for updates manually
    - still no proper multitasking: sound/voice recorder cannot run in the background
    11-01-2015 11:35 AM
1,199 ... 2930313233 ...