The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-27-2015 12:25 AM
1,199 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    Didint heard about a notification like that
    11-02-2015 02:39 AM
    As for using resources, what resources specifically? The memory whether it is empty or has something in it is no different. The memory controller will still refresh it. CPU cycles? If the app is dormant in the background it will not use CPU cycles. Battery power? Again, if the apps is dormant in the background it will not use battery power. Apps that are dormant in the background will activate faster than apps that need to load from flash memory and go thru their initialization. If the memory gets filled with dormant apps, Windows will close apps as needed to free up RAM for apps that are being launched.
    The only thing is that the dormant apps add to the number of apps visible in Task Manager making it possibly a little harder to locate a certain app.
    I think the're old Android people Fuzzy John, or talked to Android people, so they don't understand.
    11-02-2015 03:06 AM
    Hello all. My first post here. I installed two days ago the latest build on my Lumia 930. It was the first version of W10 that i tried on my Lumia. The environemnt is really nice and user friendly. I really like it. I want to mention also a few problems that i noticed.
    There is a problem with photo saving (some delay), which i think it is also mentioned above. Also, when i receive emails, i don;t see any icons on the down part of the screen as it was on W8.1 (i don't know if this is a problem or just a change on W10. I also noticed a problem on the battery. With moderate usage with W8.1 the battery was lasting 1,5-2 days, but now almost 1 day. But for that i need to "play" a bit more and see how it will go the next days.
    11-02-2015 03:07 AM
    I upgraded from 10572 to 10581 in my Lumia 720 last Friday. So far no problems.
    11-02-2015 03:17 AM
    I upgraded from 10572 to 10581 in my Lumia 720 last Friday. So far no problems.
    Hey, does it work well on the 720? I'm anxious to upgrade yet tensed because its a 512mb device and I don't want to brick it
    11-02-2015 04:25 AM
    There's actually a cool trick in Action Center. When you long press a shortcut, you'll be taken to the settings app and go to that setting :D
    11-02-2015 04:35 AM
    There's actually a cool trick in Action Center. When you long press a shortcut, you'll be taken to the settings app and go to that setting :D
    Thanks for that info☺
    11-02-2015 05:04 AM
    This is a very unstable release. Sometimes groove works, sometimes it tells me it's really empty in here and I ought to think about adding music.

Sometimes photos work, sometimes it doesn't.

Camera opens when the pin is set. That should not be allowed. That's a grave security flaw just there.

Maps works ok, but it needs gui refinement.

Data roaming turns on by itself for the sheer hell of it.

Everyday I put into question whether upgrading was the right thing, but 8.1 had so many problems I felt it couldn't get worse so I just upgraded.

It could get worse.
    11-02-2015 05:20 AM

Everyday I put into question whether upgrading was the right thing, but 8.1 had so many problems I felt it couldn't get worse so I just upgraded.

It could get worse.
    The main question is all in that phrase: WHAT PROBLEMS in 8.1, sir? Maybe if you agree by telling us about your phone model we could realize what you are talking
    11-02-2015 05:27 AM
    Can anyone connect to a PC with their WP device on this build ? I just get a charge notification on the phone but, nothing shows up on the PC end... (yes, current USB cables, etc)

This is driving me nuts, this his how I move music, movies and ringtones over and I cant do this...
    11-02-2015 05:31 AM
    Change usb port, uninstall any Lumia / Nolkia usb comm device from system -> device list, than unplug , replug and wait for new drivers to be installed.
    It happened only on certain devices in same case
    11-02-2015 05:34 AM
    Can anyone connect to a PC with their WP device on this build ? I just get a charge notification on the phone but, nothing shows up on the PC end... (yes, current USB cables, etc)

This is driving me nuts, this his how I move music, movies and ringtones over and I cant do this...

Yeah..I am also facing this issue..looks like a known bug now...
    11-02-2015 05:34 AM
    Yeah..I am also facing this issue..looks like a known bug now...
    Change usb port, uninstall any Lumia / Nolkia usb comm device from system -> device list, than unplug , replug and wait for new drivers to be installed.

That's not a phone bug, but a random pc connectivity iussue. Simply it doesn't recognize the phone as a new device
    11-02-2015 05:37 AM

Camera opens when the pin is set. That should not be allowed. That's a grave security flaw just there.

Do you mean when the phone is locked? Camera should open when you long press the camera button (if you have enabled launch camera when device is locked
    11-02-2015 05:48 AM
    Works very smoothly on my L630, so yes, 512MB RAM devices can handle this build very well
    11-02-2015 05:54 AM
    I think the're old Android people Fuzzy John, or talked to Android people, so they don't understand.
    Now you got me! Indeed I once owned a Galaxy Tab (first generation) - for ~36 hours. Oh yes, and I still have my eBook reader which is an Android device. I also talk to Android people every day. So yeah, you just got me!
    M7H likes this.
    11-02-2015 07:20 AM
    Because of my issues with Cortana and Hey Cortana not functioning as expected, I was thinking of going back to 8.1 using the Windows Device Recovery Tool (I've never used it before), and I noticed a couple of things.

1) My Lumia 930 isn't automatically detected. I had to soft reset when I click My Device Was Not Detected -> Lumia.
    2) After soft reset, it detects, but says that both the firmware and software versions are unknown.

When WDRT checks the server, I see that the server firmware is 02540.00019.15234.5006, but mine is 02540.00019.14484.37005. Anyone else notice that and/or know the reason behind the "newer" firmware?
    11-02-2015 07:20 AM
    Now you got me! Indeed I once owned a Galaxy Tab (first generation) - for ~36 hours. Oh yes, and I still have my eBook reader which is an Android device. I also talk to Android people every day. So yeah, you just got me!
    There you go! I knew it!
    11-02-2015 07:24 AM
    I get no Message Notifications Sound or Vibration.

Actually it turns out I wasn't getting ANY sounds out of it today! No Ringing, no voice, etc.

Had to do a Soft Reset a couple times and the Sounds started working again.

I found myself on VZW looking at New phones while I was trying to figure this out. I'm on a razor's edge right now about staying with Windows Phone or going elsewhere until something really NEW arrives from Microsoft!

I've had this Icon since they first came out and it's getting kind of "old" even with Win10M....
    Last edited by chasvs; 11-02-2015 at 09:30 AM.
    11-02-2015 07:26 AM
    Hey, does it work well on the 720? I'm anxious to upgrade yet tensed because its a 512mb device and I don't want to brick it
    It won't give any problem to 512mb devices. I have L535 it works pretty good. So you can go for it. 👍🏻
    Kunal Dudwadkar likes this.
    11-02-2015 07:41 AM
    Agree with every single word. The two annoying things are indeed that overview is worse for multitasking and that "Windows will close apps as needed to free up RAM for apps that are being launched" - I would like to have an easy method to show Windows which of these dormant apps I do not need anymore. Example: I am typing in Word and launch some apps to quickly look something up, or an email or something drops in, I don't want Word to be closed because of insufficient memory.
    I believe that Windows will close the apps selectively. Close the ones that were dormant the longest.

[Edit]
    This is a feature that was introduced in WP7 so it wasn't new in WP 8.0 or WP 8.1. And developers have control over it. Most of my non-Microsoft apps do close when you use the back arrow.
    11-02-2015 07:44 AM
    I believe that Windows will close the apps selectively. Close the ones that were dormant the longest.
    Yes, unfortunately.
    11-02-2015 07:45 AM

That's not a phone bug, but a random pc connectivity iussue. Simply it doesn't recognize the phone as a new device
    Going to have to disagree with you. On my Primary desktop, I tried USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 ports on it, still the same results. Even tried it at my work laptop, USB 3.0 ports, tried all 3 on this machine and the same result.

The Phone will show "slow charging" (even though my USB 3.1 ports support Quick charge), no drive will show up, or nothing in the device manager.

The phone is going in a charge only mode, is there a **new** setting someplace to change this ? (Android devices have this option, a sync, charge and another option when connecting via usb)

Maybe not for you but, it's a BUG or a setting someplace.... Anyone know for sure ?

Edit: To be 100% sure, I removed ALL Nokia drivers from (programs and features) Windows and rebooted, same result (no applications made by Nokia are installed)
    Last edited by DavidinCT; 11-02-2015 at 07:59 AM.
    Ashish Gupta888 likes this.
    11-02-2015 07:46 AM
    For those with issues with SMS and email notifications, a hard reset without restoring backup solves it all.
    I downloaded the preview without hard resetting and i didnt get Skype video call. Just did the reset now and the app is there!
    OS is more fluid than before reset.
    11-02-2015 07:46 AM
    For those with issues with SMS and email notifications, a hard reset without restoring backup solves it all.
    Yes, I also would not get email notifications after hard reset with restore on build 10572. The method had been fine for the builds before.
    11-02-2015 07:48 AM
1,199 ... 3233343536 ...