11-27-2015 12:25 AM
1,199 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    the screen still wobbles, there are short loading screens with people and messaging apps and still no sms/mms message notification and messaging live tile doesn't work. Outlook mail notification also doesn't work like it should. Mail notification only works when you click on calendar.

The slow progress of the W10m will probably hurt sales of the new Lumia phones.
    11-03-2015 10:24 AM
    Yes indeed, I have searched all these threads....I can NOT seem to get the 'Find My Phone' feature to function properly....Have made sure that Find My Phone feature on my L-920 is ON.....have signed into my Microsoft account....no success..

"We can't find your phone right now, we will send you an email when we find it!"
    YES there is! uSE the search function inside the phone settings and select "Find my phone more often"
    11-03-2015 10:27 AM
    Working great on my Lumia 1520.
    Booted to black screen after update, but just had to force reboot and it was fine after that.

Very solid and fast on my device.

Only a couple of issues I've run into so far:
    • Keyboard doesn't open sometimes and have to exit out of the app and back in to get it to work
    • If I have 'Rich Capture' on it takes several minutes to save the photo and sticks on "Adding finishing touches"

Other than that it's a great update.
    11-03-2015 10:46 AM
    On my L830, I am still having Messaging app crashes, intermittent lack of notifications under lock screen and Outlook having problems updating my O365 mail & calendar.
    11-03-2015 11:00 AM
    this is what happens to my start screen after upgrading to the latest build.

Attachment 115480
    That's exactly what happened to me on my L920 even after doing a clean factory reset and reinstall.
    11-03-2015 11:32 AM
    outgoing text messages still take upwards of 30 seconds to "go"
    11-03-2015 11:34 AM
    I read in Windows Central that we can text from the PC to the mobile phone, I tried it and it still
    doesn't work. I tried to send a text to my own phone and also a friend's but the text never arrived.
    I also tried to assign ringtones to a contact incoming calls, that failed, showed an APP is required
    and it should be in the store, however NO app was shown from the store. I tried to assign one
    to a contact's messages, that failed with the same, get the app from the store. Hope feedback
    helps improve the future builds.

I assure you it works, and it is really cool to watch work. But you do need the preview build on your PC as well as the phone.
    Rumor has it that November 10-11, Microsoft will be pushing the updates to Windows 10 RTM users that accomplish this feature, and more! Of course, it won't do much good until W10M is released to the masses, as well.

I run RTM on my Surface Pro 4 and the Preview on the Surface Pro 2. It is so hard not to do that the other way around. LOL
    11-03-2015 11:36 AM
    That's exactly what happened to me on my L920 even after doing a clean factory reset and reinstall.
    A little googling, it's the most famous iussue Gabe warned us. Change the background pic then rechange back
    Eazy fix....windows button,slide down from the top for the notifcations window....All settings, personalization, CHANGE WALL PAPER to None or somethign else, save and problem fixed...

This has been posted MANY times. I saw this myself this morning, took about 30 seconds to fix...
    So... It's been quite a few days since I installed 10581 on my L730 :) Last build I had before this one was 10536. I had 'Resuming and 'loading' issues and hiccups. So rolled back to 8.1. After going through few pages in this thread, I made up my mind to try this build 10581.

8.1>10581(no hard reset)

Voila!! what an improvement from 10536 > 10581. So far noticed no resuming/loading issues. Butter smooth

My thoughts:
    1) Lock screen transition - improvisation needed. Feels a bit laggy
    2) Storage bug (we all knew)
    3) Facing 'Device charging slowly' issue 2 out of 5 times. I hadn't faced such issue before. Using original charger. (known issue?? Anybody face this problem?)
    4) The OS looks complete except notification area. Either translucent accent colour or translucent dark/light themed look is required to make the OS complete (look wise). After introducing 'behind the tiles wallpaper feature' for start screen and app list, Clear black notification area seems odd. Since the RTM is few days away, the probability of getting it before RTM is 0.01.
    5) Random crashing of messaging+skype
    6) Battery very much improved. Still not like what we had with 8.1
    7) Returning back to app list from any app doesn't make the app list background dim/bright.
    8) News, weather and Travel app icons missing from app list
    9) Screen lock and unlock sounds have delay sometimes.. Even no sound too

Bottom Line: I'm really happy with this build. Today Gabe has tweeted 'Two builds in internal rings. Expect a build later this week'.
    I'm really looking forward. Way to go MSFT.
    Last edited by vicky geth; 11-03-2015 at 11:43 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    11-03-2015 11:40 AM
    My biggest issue on my HTC One m8 has been with the messaging app. I get random crashes, and frequently when going into the messaging app find the keyboard already displaying (obscuring the bottom 2-3 texts). Typing on the keyboard does nothing because I haven't actually tapped into the reply bar yet. Hitting the back button on my phone resolves it, so it's just an annoyance, but it's super common.
    11-03-2015 12:13 PM
    working great here on Lumia 630. Now responds faster than previous build. There are a few issues though but overall, it better than all previous build.
    11-03-2015 12:19 PM
    Very well done sir! I see the same issues as you,
    as well, 6tag does not load past the load screen, and I have lost my cinemagraph app AGAIN! cant find it in the store anymore.
    Battery life has been awesome. huge improvement. good job
    11-03-2015 12:20 PM
    Very well done sir! I see the same issues as you,
    as well, 6tag does not load past the load screen, and I have lost my cinemagraph app AGAIN! cant find it in the store anymore.
    Battery life has been awesome. huge improvement. good job
    6tag is working for me on this build, so the issue might be phone-specific. :)
    11-03-2015 12:26 PM
    6Tag is working for me too. Even if it's noticeably slower at loading the picture feed
    11-03-2015 12:32 PM
    Lumia 930 - Really pleased with this build, had an issue where notifications weren't showing on lock-screen, but sorted this now. It hadn't retained the settings in the lock-screen page, so the apps I wanted to show up were not in the list, have put them back and it seems ok now. Apart from that, a few minor bugs here and there, but nothing major at all, using it as my daily driver without issue, battery life pretty good, about the same as 8.1, but can drop quite quickly on occasion, but this tends to be in the evenings when I'm playing games. Outlook asked for a pin initially a few times which I found odd. News app asks for location almost every time I open I open it, a minor niggle. Lockmix works ok, so I can have a prettier lock screen :) Just noticed another minor issue, after swiping up to unlock, my lockscreen image stayed there instead of the tiles showing, but simple press of the home button brought up the tiles, again minor. Looking forward to the next build.

lockscreen.jpg
    11-03-2015 01:24 PM
    A little googling, it's the most famous iussue Gabe warned us. Change the background pic then rechange back
    Thank you, yes that worked! :)
    11-03-2015 02:13 PM

Bottom Line: I'm really happy with this build. Today Gabe has tweeted 'Two builds in internal rings. Expect a build later this week'.
    I'm really looking forward. Way to go MSFT.
    It's a bit speculated, Gabe said "We have a couple of builds that are looking good in internal rings. It's possible we'll see them later this week to Fast". Just to avoid false hopes ;)
    11-03-2015 02:24 PM
    It's a bit speculated, Gabe said "We have a couple of builds that are looking good in internal rings. It's possible we'll see them later this week to Fast". Just to avoid false hopes ;)
    Not many builds since 10586 has been signed off.
    11-03-2015 03:17 PM
    Agreed, but it could be released next week, as for PC.
    11-03-2015 03:25 PM
    Hey, can you hide navigation bar while using apps like WhatsApp or Twitter? I cannot hide it in this build. Let me know.
    11-03-2015 03:30 PM
    Hey, can you hide navigation bar while using apps like WhatsApp or Twitter? I cannot hide it in this build. Let me know.
    Same here. Only can hide in system apps, like Edge,Photos, start screen, etc. Anything downloaded won't let hide nav bar.

It workes in 10572 for some time, and then stopped. Upgrading to this build ant it doesn't work from start.
    11-03-2015 03:39 PM
    Same here. Only can hide in system apps, like Edge,Photos, start screen, etc. Anything downloaded won't let hide nav bar.

It workes in 10572 for some time, and then stopped. Upgrading to this build ant it doesn't work from start.
    I think it is not happening with all apps I have downloaded, for eg: I can hide it while using Paytm or Perfect Tube app. Weird issue:-P
    Dusan Randj likes this.
    11-03-2015 03:42 PM
    Not seeing the update. On 10572 at the moment. Any advice on how to trigger update. I thought there was no need now to go back to 8.1? (Am on a L830 by the way)
    11-03-2015 04:02 PM
    Installed on my 1520 from 8.1 after a reset and didn't experience anything abnormal from other Previews that I have installed. I did notice that Hey Cortana isn't working and had some screen flicker but after changing the background to a custom picture it went away. Issues with disconnecting from my Microsoft Band on bluetooth and a couple of program update that keep getting stuck.
    11-03-2015 04:03 PM
1,199 ... 3738394041 ...