11-27-2015 12:25 AM
1,199 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    It's okay I guess. The highlight of this build for me is the messaging + skype integration. I had to uninstall the official skype app from my 930. Now I do skype messaging and skype videos directly from the messaging app. No line connection, no internet connection issues so far.
    11-03-2015 06:29 PM
    Hi guys, i've update to 10581 today on my lumia 830 but i have 2 BIG problems:

1- My glance is not working at all, when i lock phone i just see full black image.. nothing about glance, and at setting of glance, when i open glance settings i just see a title, no options for change anything

2- Usb is not working, windows wont detect my phone..

There is any way to fix this 2 big problems?

edit: I did a hard reset after installed that last build
    11-03-2015 07:10 PM
    Another update - So messaging works without delay after turning off "sync across my devices". Not a big deal for me, dont need to sync
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    11-03-2015 07:19 PM
    Can you swipe the incoming message banner when it appears above notifications like in 8.1? I thought I couldn't.
    11-03-2015 08:06 PM
    After the recent, Messaging app update. I've been having FC everytime i open an SMS. Is anyone experiencing the same issue ? I'm using a Lumia 535 Dual Sim
    11-03-2015 08:30 PM
    Does anyone face issues with the messaging app history?I don't seem to be able to delete history in skype video
    11-03-2015 09:06 PM
    Very good Build but Battery drains fast when using BlueTooth 4.0 headset on my Lumia 1520, even when I'm not using it. It's not the case when I was on WinPhone8.1

Other than that, very fast and responsive OS :)
    11-03-2015 10:06 PM
    I've been running Build 10581 in my Lumia 1020 for three days now. I performed a direct upgrade from WP8.1 without performing a hard reset, so all my apps are still installed.

1. In general so far, battery life and performance have improved from its WP8.1 state. Some apps launch faster, while the rest seem to be have the same launch time. Charging seems to be slower. Resuming and loading are still present, but are now shorter than in WP8.1.

2. Gestures BETA app isn't working.

3. New Windows Camera can take high resolution photos; tapping on the view photo icon in Lumia Camera will no longer bring the ability to reframe the image - to do this, you need to go to the new Photos app, tap on the photo taken by Lumia Camera and then tap on "Open with Lumia Camera". Windows Camera also launches faster than Lumia Camera, with similar UI and features (except Smart Sequence). There are occasional warping UI flickering issues with the Camera view finder.

4. Some tiles are blank after having the app of that tile update itself (Skype, Weather, News).

5. Background image in the App List becomes un-dimmed right after exiting an app; swiping to the start screen and back to the list re-dims the background.

6. The rest seems in place.
    grininja and anon(9299928) like this.
    11-03-2015 11:13 PM
    Two issues I've found

SIM applications keeps crashing when I try to open it
    All my messages are now double. Every message I sent or received has a copy. Double restore?
    11-03-2015 11:21 PM
    I am connecting my phone (L930) to my car's stereo via bluetooth.

Calls works, cortana works, I hear sound in car's stereo speakers. But movies dont. Is there anything else I should set up or wait for new version?
    11-04-2015 12:10 AM
    I've found a new issue. Data sense will crash when trying to restrict background data when I'm near my limit or on always. I can put a limit but can't change background data settings without the app crashing
    fdruid likes this.
    11-04-2015 03:02 AM
    I think it is not happening with all apps I have downloaded, for eg: I can hide it while using Paytm or Perfect Tube app. Weird issue:-P
    For me it's for all...it's weird, annoyibg when playing videos and little concerned as my screen is OLED (735)
    11-04-2015 03:10 AM
    Thanks!! That did the job.
    11-04-2015 05:37 AM
    I'm not experiencing this issue. Perhaps it's device specific? Lumia 930 here.
    Lumia 920 here, I've been getting it since 10549, it's a bit frustrating to see other stuff improve and this remain. Oh well, I'll have to be patient. Do upvote it if you see it reported, please.
    11-04-2015 06:02 AM
    3. New Windows Camera can take high resolution photos; tapping on the view photo icon in Lumia Camera will no longer bring the ability to reframe the image - to do this, you need to go to the new Photos app, tap on the photo taken by Lumia Camera and then tap on "Open with Lumia Camera". Windows Camera also launches faster than Lumia Camera, with similar UI and features (except Smart Sequence). There are occasional warping UI flickering issues with the Camera view finder.
    In my 920 I get some warping around the edges in the viewfinder, as there was a border to the image preview that's frozen while everything else moves. Is this what you mean by "warping"?
    The default camera app is way more faster and reliable in this last build.

5. Background image in the App List becomes un-dimmed right after exiting an app; swiping to the start screen and back to the list re-dims the background.
    Yeah, I get this too, it's a bit weird.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    11-04-2015 06:06 AM
    Outlook mail notifications: none!
    Reboot doesn't/didn't work for me (Lumia 640) running the lastest Insider Preview.
    Enabling in both settings/Outlook mail didn't/doesn't work either.
    It did work before in earlier releases.
    I upgraded this time round without hard reset for the very first time so wondering if this is behind it.

Also kinda hoped that Edge bookmarks sync might've shown up by now, sick of recreating them every build.
    11-04-2015 06:26 AM
    Outlook mail notifications: none!
    You have to turn this on in the settings of outlook mail

so from Mail settings go to options and scroll down to notifications and turn them on.. These settings are different to the Action Center Notification settings.
    11-04-2015 07:01 AM

3. New Windows Camera can take high resolution photos; tapping on the view photo icon in Lumia Camera will no longer bring the ability to reframe the image - to do this, you need to go to the new Photos app, tap on the photo taken by Lumia Camera and then tap on "Open with Lumia Camera". Windows Camera also launches faster than Lumia Camera, with similar UI and features (except Smart Sequence). There are occasional warping UI flickering issues with the Camera view -.

When I tried to open my Lumia Camera app today it said that app is replaced by Camera. Can we no longer use the Lumia camera? Is new Camera going to take Lumia-quality pictures?
    gpobernardo likes this.
    11-04-2015 07:15 AM
    "Enabling in both settings/Outlook mail didn't/doesn't work either."
    11-04-2015 07:17 AM
    Hi, I got 581 on my Lumia 720, It is pretty working fine for me. But past few days I am experiencing some glitches as the phone is freezing and I had to wait until my battery is fully drained. it is happening frequently now. Do anyone experiencing this behavior?
    JohnFowles likes this.
    11-04-2015 07:30 AM
    Is someone using fhotoroom on build 10581? Importing a photo to the app doesnt work. Have anyone experienced this?
    11-04-2015 07:35 AM
    Hi, I got 581 on my Lumia 720, It is pretty working fine for me. But past few days I am experiencing some glitches as the phone is freezing and I had to wait until my battery is fully drained. it is happening frequently now. Do anyone experiencing this behavior?
    Why wait??? Soft reset to restart the phone: press vol down + power 10 secs till the screen goes black, release and if you'll feel a vibrate the phone will restart
    11-04-2015 07:36 AM
    Yes, the same issue appears to be happening on my 520. I have had it happen about four times now over the last few days. The phone freezes when navigating back to the Start Screen from a number of apps. I have had it happen going from Edge, Messaging and Outlook Mail, so it looks like an issue with the OS rather the apps themselves. When it is frozen, the phone becomes completely unresponsive, including to any combination of button presses. I have had to resort to pulling the battery out on each occasion. If you have a phone with a non-removal battery (e.g. Lumia 720), then I can see why you would been forced to wait until it fully drained. This really needs fixing before RTM goes out.
    11-04-2015 07:54 AM
    Yes, the same issue appears to be happening on my 520. I have had it happen about four times now over the last few days. The phone freezes when navigating back to the Start Screen from a number of apps. I have had it happen going from Edge, Messaging and Outlook Mail, so it looks like an issue with the OS rather the apps themselves. When it is frozen, the phone becomes completely unresponsive, including to any combination of button presses. I have had to resort to pulling the battery out on each occasion. If you have a phone with a non-removal battery (e.g. Lumia 720), then I can see why you would been forced to wait until it fully drained. This really needs fixing before RTM goes out.
    I got a 520 too, and sometimes it freezes exiting messaging app. The keys combination vol down + power ALWAYS WORKS. You have to wait 10 secs till the screen goes black.
    There's only one case of keys failure: a bricked phone during spinning gears
    JohnFowles likes this.
    11-04-2015 07:57 AM
    I'm also using this build on a 720 and have faced this problem of the phone freezing several times especially while viewing a contact's details in the People's app and while using the App Store. What I would recommend is that you use these apps slowly ie don't press too many buttons or actions quickly as is our habit with Win 8.1 . This trick seems to work at times
    11-04-2015 07:58 AM
1,199 ... 3839404142 ...