The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-27-2015 12:25 AM
1,199 ... 4445464748
tools
    What's to criticize on the longest thread ever...
    "Hmm...I've got this problem, and there's a 1000+ post thread on my build and possible issues. Oh hey, look...a Search button..."
    11-08-2015 09:19 AM
    Edge is veeery slow in some sites like windows central forum...
    Also w central app takes couple of seconds to load...
    Windows Central is slow on every browser. WC is a prime example of how NOT to build a website.
    11-08-2015 10:46 AM
    Couldn't agree more. WC is the slowest web site I frequent by a good margin. I appreciate that they need advertising to keep the lights on but there's something horribly inefficient about the mix of content they build today.
    11-08-2015 11:33 AM
    I just have a lot of bad luck with who I get angry at. It's just that you're not the first one who asks things like that and it gets really tiring to see people asking the same questions over and over again when Microsoft themselves told us about that problem from the beginning. It's getting nothing to do with you, I just needed to blow up in someone's face.
    But do you always jump into preview software when you're new to a platform?

When I say "new", I mean a few months. I owned an Icon for a few months and am in my first run with a 1520.
    11-08-2015 07:17 PM
    I've just updated to this build from Windows Phone 8.1 and so far I haven't had any problems at all other then the Storage Sense bug that Microsoft are aware of. I haven't done a hard reset and everything seems to be working.

The Hey Cortana function works but the training doesn't. I have a feeling that the training would work if I reset it but I don't want to risk it.
    11-08-2015 07:23 PM
    As someone who has tried Windows 10 Mobile, I can't believe how shockingly bad it is on my Lumia 920.

Microsoft Edge crash every time I try to open it.

Lock screen is super buggy.

Everything feels slower compare to Windows Phone 8.1.
    11-08-2015 08:35 PM
    I'm on 10581 with lumia 920, and Edge also crashed, as Weather and much, but I backuped, hard reset and restored, and now is fine. Phone app is a bit slower, but after all it's ok. Battery is also not much worse than before. I only miss Here apps :/
    11-09-2015 02:49 AM
    my install stuck at 0% 2nd time , help me.
    11-09-2015 03:04 AM
    So, here's my take, FWIW:

I have a Lumia 1520 (my only phone) upgraded to build 10581. When I first upgraded, I did not do a hard reset. Things seemed to work okay, except I could not train Cortana. After a week of that, I decided to do a hard reset to see if that helped anything. After the hard reset, when I try to use Hey, Cortana, I get a message saying my phone is not capable of doing voice recognition. Tried a second hard reset with the same results.

I have also noticed that I cannot connect my phone by USB cable to my laptop (Window's 7 Pro), or my Surface Pro 2 tablet (Windows 10 TP). I have tried to do this because I cannot get custom ringtones to be seen by my phone. I downloaded them using my OneDrive account, but I do not see them when I try to select them in Settings/Personalization.

Overall, I like the way the Windows 10 Mobile platform is looking. I am one of those die-hards who think the final version will be worth all the pains we have gone through during the preview process. Here's hoping when I upgrade to the Surface Pro 4, I still feel the same way!!!
    TiLoBrown likes this.
    11-09-2015 08:58 AM
    I'm on 10581 with lumia 920, and Edge also crashed, as Weather and much, but I backuped, hard reset and restored, and now is fine. Phone app is a bit slower, but after all it's ok. Battery is also not much worse than before. I only miss Here apps :/
    I installed 10581 on my ATT 1020 - so, are you saying after you restored from backup after hard reset, Edge is working? what about your navigation apps, not working or not available?
    11-09-2015 09:25 AM
    Ok one week of use
    - can't set separate ring tones for individuals, get a message that an app is required
    - HFP (Hand Free Phone) for Navigation via the cars Bluetooth is no longer working
    - The colors on the Maps app are horrible and not clear, text is too small
    - If you increase your "ease of access: text it's not consistent throughout the phone experience.
    - Alerts for the phone are muted
    - when getting messages you should have the ability to get alerted at least twice
    11-09-2015 09:50 AM
    On my Icon, Edge loads to only see the "e" then dumps back to the home screen. I have to use Google to use the internet. Also, a longer delay to get to the lock screen.

Everything else is working great!
    11-09-2015 10:06 AM
    Just got 10581 from 8.1 on my Lumia 920. Loving it! Response is really quick and smooth operation. The only thing I faced was to soft-reset my phone to get Cortana working.
    11-09-2015 12:40 PM
    patb63,

That's a bummer that your 1520 isn't running Hey Cortana. It works (and trained) really well on my 1520, AFTER not working at all before the hard reset.

It is a bit frustrating that such different results can experienced from one identical Lumia to the next, with the preview builds. Although I suspect we all take various avenues\paths to our loading and configuring. And almost any deviation appears to have impact.

I can only tell you what I did exactly:
    AT&T (gimped to 16 gig internal) version of a 1520
    Started with a Fresh install of 8.1
    Let it finish installing and updating EVERYTHING the default install of 8.1 wanted to do.
    Loaded 10581
    Did NOT hard reset.
    Waited 24 hours for ALL app updates and such to complete.
    Noticed the Storage Sense messed up UI and that Hey Cortana was not available.
    Removed SD card
    Hard Reset
    Again, allowed Everything to update and populate.
    Did NOT put the SD card back in.
    Hey Cortana works very nicely and she trained exactly like she is designed to.

I am not going to download a bunch of offline maps and stuff like that while I am running without an SD card. But the Hey Cortana and the sweeeet pairing and functions of the Band 2 with the 1520\10581 is worth it.

As I have stated before, I can see where this is going. I am really looking forward to a mature build of W10M on a 950XL and Continuum and the Band 2. Combined with my Surface, I'm as versatile, mobile, and connected as I could only dream of just a few years ago.
    tw1st3d83 likes this.
    11-09-2015 01:46 PM
    Here's my experience on my Lumia 920:

Calendar crashed on opening.

Data Sense crashed on opening.

Maps crashed on opening.

Microsoft Edge crashed on opening.

Overall, I give my experience an F-
    11-09-2015 01:47 PM
    Here's my experience on my Lumia 920:

Calendar crashed on opening.

Data Sense crashed on opening.

Maps crashed on opening.

Microsoft Edge crashed on opening.

Overall, I give my experience an F-
    Settings -> system > about > reset your phone them start from fresh.
    11-09-2015 02:17 PM
    Settings -> system > about > reset your phone them start from fresh.
    How do I backup my data?

EDIT:

This?: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...te-manage.html
    11-09-2015 02:38 PM
    Gab tweeted about build 10586 for desktop, so we can expect same build for mobile in couple of days. There's nothing new as Windows 10 Mobile almost feature complete. For me current build is already quite stable, no issue, everything working fine.
    11-09-2015 09:52 PM
    "Hmm...I've got this problem, and there's a 1000+ post thread on my build and possible issues. Oh hey, look...a Search button..."
    As a guy that owns a very large group of forums not related to phones.. Newbies aren't into knowing how forums work.. and "Search" isn't one of their other strong points...I'd wager though that the advertisers sure don't like seeing unseasoned possible customers scared away by self appointed forum police.
    11-09-2015 10:40 PM
    Nice Lock screen :)
    11-10-2015 08:23 AM
    L635 post update it seems more unstable than the previous build, I was liking it. But now it has happened twice so far that while listening to music somebody calls and the volume of the music maxed out and nearly busted my ear drums and volume rocker didn't function.
    11-10-2015 02:40 PM
    Hey guys, maybe someone already had this issue, but it would take too much time to read all these pages, so let me just ask.
    After updating to latest build (and doing a hard reset as usual ) everything worked perfect, and it still is (almost) my outlook contacts won't sync with phone.
    I did another hard reset thinking it's just a bug, but it still didn't help.
    Anyone else also had this problem and knows how to fix it?
    PS. Facebook is synced and works fine.
    11-11-2015 03:05 PM
    I am on lumia 925 with win10 and from my experience the UI is good. The App still need a major update. There are still issues of resuming and loading bugs.

Camera: Lumia Camera was way better then Windows Camera. People said the same code is bundled in Windows Camera as that of Lumia Camera but the performance is not upto mark. Night Photos are worst.

Cortana: My Cortana is deaf and mute.

Phone: Dialer is very slow. It takes a while to dial a number.

Photos: Video play worst in Photos app. Green screen comes in between.

I suppose they are device specific and occur differently to different device.
    11-11-2015 10:23 PM
    New problem has reared its head over the last few days, for a couple of days, I had to snooze or cancel my morning alarm twice before it actually stopped. Today it took FOUR attempts to stop it, not what you need when you want another ten minutes in bed! It comes up with the usual snooze/cancel screen, but when you choose either option, it just comes up again and the alarm continues to sound. I was liking this build despite the other bugs, but this is very annoying.

Anyone else have this?
    11-13-2015 01:57 AM
    New problem has reared its head over the last few days, for a couple of days, I had to snooze or cancel my morning alarm twice before it actually stopped. Today it took FOUR attempts to stop it, not what you need when you want another ten minutes in bed! It comes up with the usual snooze/cancel screen, but when you choose either option, it just comes up again and the alarm continues to sound. I was liking this build despite the other bugs, but this is very annoying.

Anyone else have this?
    This came about after the app update. I deleted and reset my alarms and it hasn't reoccurred..
    Last edited by Paul1266; 11-13-2015 at 08:56 AM.
    speccy likes this.
    11-13-2015 02:24 AM
1,199 ... 4445464748