Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

GoodEyeSniper83

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I did this on a whim the other day on my Lumia 735. I had some issues with the settings and background, but those resolved after going from slow to fast.

Current situation:
Outlook calendar won't sync with my google calendar. I keep getting an error.

Keyboard lags a bit. Autocorrect is not so auto.

Edge will not put certain sites in mobile view, despite my settings. Irritating since I access my work outlook email on the browser and I had no problem with this in 8.1

Any suggestions???

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I've had terrible luck with W10M, I could never get past 10166 on a 920,635 and 1020, ( I tried everything BTW), after putting the 920 back to 8.1, I got 10581 and was able to actually use it. With 10166 on the 920/1020 it would never even get to the start screen, the 635 would sorta work but it was unusable for more than 5 min without a show stopping crash. 10581 on the 920 is pretty smooth, but a few bugs with the store, otherwise pretty much fine. I hope this is like 10 on PC where the last few Insider builds were crap but the RTM was fine.

Fingers crossed.

oelapoel

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
If you were wondering.... I hard reset on 10581... and USB still didn't work, although it did detect a Quick Charge 2.0 cable/adapter and I got no "slow charge" message. Tried on 7, 8.1 and 10 as for OS, no difference, it would show charging (slow) and charge but, never sync or show up in Windows.

After some trouble (back and forth, hard reset, USB would not detect the phone after many attempts I got it to take), I finally got down to 8.1 again (ugh, not sure I can go back now), USB works perfect, tried 3 computers, shows up fine with no issues unplugging and plugging back in.

Now on to the VERY painful and time consuming thing to go from 8.1 to 10 (rebooting to install 10581 now)....and update 80+ apps...It's going to be a LONG night...

I assume you, it will not TOUCH a USB cable till after 10 is installed....I think it was because it was connected to a USB cable during install and boot up (I have it on a QI charger for install)...

Edit: Failed update to 10, showed battery dead(it rolled back) but, was at 99% when started....trying again (Nokia ICON)

So, did you manage to fix the usb issue? because i see that many people have this issue, including me... thnx

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I am currently using L1520 and I get good connection for few hours, then the connection will get lost (although the network symbol will display arrow to indicate data transfer) and the page shows 'You are not connected to the network'. By this time, i need to restart my phone again.

Maybe its because of weak 3G signals, what data symbol it shows when you get no connection error E, 3G or H+. If its switching between E and H+ then 3G only setting may help when available in future release of WM, or for now you can use registry trick for it.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Does that work with w10m?? I don't see any option like that.

I tried it on Lumia 535, Windows 10 Mobile build 10581 and its working. You have to read and follow whole thing, like enabling Developer mode in Settings, Interop/Capability unlock using RootTool and finally registry change using CustomPFD as mentioned in the post.

Daenny

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
So I've got Windows 10 on my work 925 and its working perfectly, last night I decided to upgrade my daily driver (1020) and lets say its far from perfect...

The weirdest thing I've noticed is the store doesn't detect any updates to apps. So far I've had to manual go and find the apps and tell it to update! Also Edge crashes just as it opens... Don't really want to go back to 8.1, Don't really want to do a hard reset either...decisions decisions!

Raj Poladia

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I just received a minor update but dont know what was that about the build number is still the same i.e 10581 but ya after update phone is lot smoother now no lag at all in the transitions #Lumia525 its my daily driver and yes its near perfect but not perfect i am using it from last 3days battery life is improved a lot

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
So even after a hard reset on my 535, the SMS are still not syncing back. It synced all the SMS it had already "discovered" after the reset, but still, stuck at june 2014. This sucks and except a vague tweet from MS saying they're investigating, we don't have any garantee they're actively working on that issue. Which is a showstopper for me : the 640 stays on 10549 (I need my SMS history + motion data which won't work, if I understood correctly, on build 10572 and higher).

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So, did you manage to fix the usb issue? because i see that many people have this issue, including me... thnx

Yes, after a nightmare (failing to upgrade back on 8.1, claiming battery was dead), I am on 10581 and my USB connection is working again. I tried 3 new machines with no issues.

Advice to fix, roll back to 8.1 (Microsoft recover tool), charge to 100% (not 85-90%) and plug into POWER, NOT a computer when upgrading. I think that is what caused it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans