Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
So I upgraded from last build and hey cortana did not work, also was unable to open motion data settings.

Hard resetted it.

Both works now, so I guess a hard reset is still mandatory and most likely will always be :)

coffeemike

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay, this is annoying. HTC OneM8, 10536, and my phone for the last hour insists there are not updates available in Windows Update. (And yes, I'm in the Fast Ring.) Ideas?

Eye D 10 T

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Updated my 1520 from the build put out last week while I was at work. Took about 20-30 minutes. Fist thing I noticed is that all of the tiles that were blurry looking on the last build are now nice and sharp. The chinese keyboard finally works. Some live tiles still don't function, like my weathe radar, most do so no big deal. Cortana's live tile still isnt working for me, no animations.
Everything seems pretty smooth. I didn't hard reset yet, everything I had loaded up just fine.

Was there supposed to be something extra special in this update? I recall seeing that mentioned earlier per gabe today on windows central. Not sure what that was going to be.

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 1520 AT&T Unlocked

Downloading for one hour. Now stopped at 21% for the last 15 minutes.

This is sooooooo much fun!!! lol

But I can't wait to try it out!!

Ali Raza Shafi

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
my downloading completed and "preparing for install" process started.. and after 50% of completion of that process it gave an error 0x80070538. this has happened to me twice.. im downloading the update again third time. 😒 what is this error? any body know its solution? kindly help.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
LOL please do not spread ignorance. Apps should not be closed by the user. If they are properly programmed, NOT CLOSING them will result in NO LOADING/RESUMING screen. Do not come and ***** about loading/resuming if you keep the odd behavior of closing apps, this is not android, nor windows 8.0, you should never close apps unless they are malfunctioning and you need to reset them.

What is the technical background of this claim? Tbh if I see any resuming, it is from a resuming app. Never had this in WP 8.x btw, don't know Android.

karan25i

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
my downloading completed and "preparing for install" process started.. and after 50% of completion of that process it gave an error 0x80070538. this has happened to me twice.. im downloading the update again third time. 😒 what is this error? any body know its solution? kindly help.
Exactly Same with me..and i cant download it right now.im on limited data connection.im on lumia 630ds from 10536

jp_accetta

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Same error (0x80070538) on my 1020, and no one seems to know a fix... would re-flashing to 8.1 using the Recovery Tool help at all? Would hate to do that only to still encounter the same problem

netmann

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 635: Update from Build 10536, took 45 minutes w/o issues, no hard reset afterwards. This is the only build I like so far!

I guess after the W10 PC release a few months back and then the release of W10 flagships, SP4. SB and Band2, Microsoft finally got some time to focus on the left out W10 Mobile OS! Kudos to MS!

Observations On Build 10581:

- Fastest Update process elapsed time to date...45 minutes
- Fastest Edge browser loading of websites
- Start & Lock Screen Interface are faster and smoother...very close to 8.1...still see "Loading" and dotted circle here and there though!
- Store navigation is faster.
- Double tap to sleep.
- Calendar has weekly view now.
- A manual Backup on OneDrive took 7 minutes!
- People hub photos are larger.
- Mail tiles have the number of emails shown in a black circle with white numbering on the bottom right corner.
- VPN type got the "pre-shared key" finally!
- Battery Saver app still does not show individual app usage.
- Storage Sense app Saved Locations is incomplete.
- Windows Central App got slower to open and maneuver!
- Opening Store > My Library > Apps > "Show All" is slow (took 15 seconds for 220 apps).
- Still cannot create folders on Start Screen!
- restarting the phone still kills the Wi-Fi! Have to manually reconnect. update: deleting wifi name and redo the password remedied the issue.
- Insider Hub app does not open.
- Tapping the back button on the navigation bar does not close the app. Have to go to Open App List to close.
- SysApp Pusher, HERE Maps, HERE Drive+ does not open and un-installable! update: latest Store update took care of these apps except for HERE Maps.
- Old Issue: The Store "My Library" still shows some apps under "Works on this device" that do not work or outdated such as BofA app!??? And shows some apps under "Does not works on this device" that actually work, such as MixRadio or Craigslist!!!

Last edited:

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
640XL here. Been testing for the past few hrs. Seems to be working great with the exception of the bugs mentioned. Start menu and phone menu navigation much more responsive and faster. Not much else changed. Just a more polished build. Had to try 3 times this morning.

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
On my 920, wouldn't install. Got error 0x80070570, some files missing. Tried a hard reset, no dice, still same error. Only way to upgrade was to go back to WP8.1 (again) using device recovery tool, then reinstall windows insider app, then upgrade from WP 8.1 directly to 10581. I'm starting to think this is what they actually want you to do . So far going on about 3 hours trying to get it to work.

Last edited:

leehab

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Unlocked 1520
Upgrade was very fast around 1/2 hour and no hard reset and apps loads and operate smooth . The camera launches very fast and everything sharper . Very pleased . I think we are getting close to the finish line . Great job

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
On my 920, wouldn't install. Goterror 0x80070570, some files missing. Tried a hard reset, no dice, still same error. Only way to upgrade was to go back to WP8.1 (again) using device recovery tool, then reinstall windows insider app, then upgrade from WP 8.1 directly to 10581. So much for being able to update directly without having to roll back first. Hopefully they will actually fix this in the next build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs