Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
So I have a Lumia 920, download progressed very quickly, then sat at Preparing for install 0% for about 15 minutes, jumped to 21% for about 15 minutes, and then offered a reboot. Been at the gears for about 30 minutes now and the bar is about 90% across.

Coming from build 10536, and really hopeful for this upgrade. 10536 was so slow and buggy with constant crashes I almost went back the 8.1. Hoping for glance working I really miss that. Will update further when it's done!

Glance works if you don't try to update it. If you do, it won't update (Been this way since the previous build, and Gabe knows.) and the already-there version won't work anymore. Same goes for Network+, Touch, Audio, and Rate your Device (Feedback to Nokia) apps. These are a couple of additions to broken-stuff-which-was-working-before.

Last edited:

Tom Flynn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Same for me Kevin, my apps list if effected even worse than the home screen but as you said everything else ok.The home screen seems to have another copy of the tiles in the background. What do you mean by a secondary update? how did it go?

Lumia 920

Arcalis

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Should I be seeing my default Microsoft (Outlook) account in the People app? Mine isn't showing and I therefore have none of my contacts. I've tried going into settings and adding the account. The app says it has added but still no contacts. Most confused.

rytomi

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Well, my problem was that Glance was entirely missing from settings after update on 10536, so I could never turn it on to begin with, and all the resetting in the world wouldn't bring it back (though it is there when I went back to 8.1). Hoping it is returned in settings, if it isn't there then I guess I'm still outta luck for now.

Step 19/23 on the migration screen now BTW.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Grrr... still no Hey Cortana on my 930, even though I once had it. When I go to Settings>Extras Hey Cortana does not show up. That was one of the main things I was looking forward to on this build as a number of articles said it was back.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Around 15 minutes into update from build 10572 to 10581 (Lumia 1520):

- Hard reset not seems to be needed. Comparing to what I had when I got 10572 (it was unusable before hard reset) this build is fine. True.
- Accent color changed to red from whatever I had. The rest of personalization seems to be fine. Syncing with your other W10 devices is my best bet.
- LockScreen, only text moves. It's supposed to be this way. Weather app is still nowhere in the lockscreen settings.
- Groove is as horrible as it was. If you start playing one song and add stuff to "Now Playing", it doesn't play the next song, but just stops, even though the button shows PAUSE, meaning it thinks it is playing something, if you repeat the same song it hiccups and stumbles in the beginning and the end of the song. Groove Sucks.
- Unable to connect my laptop to Mobile Hotspot. Just gives error before I can even enter the password. Been this way since W10M started. I posted about it numerous times but no one cares. FYI, it does that if your screen locks after activating it. Turn Hotspot on and leave the screen on and it will work.
- Wifi seems to be working OK.
- Hey Cortana works! YAY!
- Cortana's "Play *name_of_the_whatever*" is very sluggish and slow, but it works better than on 10572. Meaning at least it works.
- Cortana in general seems to be a bit faster, but not as smooth as W8.1 Denim.
- Pressing BACK button too fast now evokes the task view, that is annoying. Once it just opened on its own.
- There seems to be no notifications for incoming emails, yet when email is read, or even read and deleted, it still sows in the live tile until new emails will arrive, and the they will be stuck there.
- Motion data store update is still broken. There is an update for WIndowsCamera.
- After installing the update checked the RichCaptue: 3072x1728 resolution with main camera and 1280x720 with front. Front camera sucks.

UPDATE:
- There is no insider HUB.
- Background kind of 'jumps" when closing an app or scrolling fast on start screen.
- Forgot to mention, for me there was almost no black screen after the update. Same for me.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, my problem was that Glance was entirely missing from settings after update on 10536, so I could never turn it on to begin with, and all the resetting in the world wouldn't bring it back (though it is there when I went back to 8.1). Hoping it is returned in settings, if it isn't there then I guess I'm still outta luck for now.

Step 19/23 on the migration screen now BTW.

It is there, and it will work if you don't try to update it! Don't update it!! If you do it won't update and the version you already have won't work!

Timm Zahn

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Not the case for me on the 830. The camera still captures awful pictures 960x720 barely over 100 kb. I've tried changing a bunch of settings but it didn't help.
I turned off rich capture and it captured 3520x2640 but still only 155 kb so it's looks awful. This was also after updating the windows camera app after the system update.

I have an unlocked 830 with today's build. I just took some sample pictures and uploaded them to OneDrive to inspect. With the MS camera app as the default camera (not Lumia Camera), and the app set at the defaults, the pictures uploaded range between 3.8 and 4.9 MB in size, and all have a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels - and look fine (for an 8MP camera). I am not at all seeing what you're seeing.

bulutsuzgece

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920, coming from 10549. Before 10549 I was on WP 8.1 (about 10 days ago). The download completed. Went to "Preparing to install updates". Half way thru: Error 0x80070538.
Tried again, same result.

Try #3 for me also. Getting Error 0x80070538 somewhere in the preparing to install stage.

srsly noone knows how to fix 0x80070538?

Here is the cause and solution for 0x80070538 error:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6b7a3af-c202-4d4f-85e9-4c59f6323064#LastReply

rytomi

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
So update complete on Lumia 920 (from 10536), no hard reset. Took about 90 minutes total from start to finish, here's my impressions so far...

No black screen during update process, always saw something happening.
13 updates in store after installing, all updated without getting 'stuck' like in 10536.
Glance Screen still missing from settings entirely, doesn't show as an update or available app to install in store either.
No longer need to launch most apps 5-6 times for them to stay open!!
Very smooth so far, quick responses, little to no lag.
Messaging app still a little slow, but doesn't seem to constantly crash anymore.
No Wi-Fi issues like others reported.

Will keep updating as I go, anyone with a 920 want a specific question answered let me know.

rytomi

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
It is there, and it will work if you don't try to update it! Don't update it!! If you do it won't update and the version you already have won't work!

Nope, settings -> Extras shows only the following... (and all of them work, even after updating them from the Store)

Access Point
Audio
Display
Extras & Info
Network+
Rate Your Device
Touch

Haven't had Glance since 10166.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Is there a proof for that? Because it looks like a bug and many people want the old way back.

Well, I don't know about the last part, I don't know anyone who actually complained about the way it looks now. And about the proof, it's been this way since the very first build. They changed how it looks for W10M.

Timm Zahn

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
For Mark Kaplan -

Just curious how you got glance functional... I have an 830 (unlocked version) with today's build up from 572 that had a hard reset performed. As per the usual with the previous insider builds on my 830, there is no glance option any longer in settings after the hard reset. So I am curious on how you managed to find the glance setting page.

Last edited:

wpb211

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to update but getting an error 0x80070538. It downloads, prepares to install then flashes past the install screen too quickly for me to see and gives me the error. Any ideas?

vanhoabui

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Could anyone tell me if text copy works properly? In the previous build, I couldn't copy text in many apps such as Outlook Mail, Messaging and dictionary apps although the copy button appeared when I selected a text. I could only copy when the text was in a text input field :(

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Well, I don't know about the last part, I don't know anyone who actually complained about the way it looks now. And about the proof, it's been this way since the very first build. They changed how it looks for W10M.

Lock screen behavior changed with 10536...the entire screen moved before that.

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 720 is ok. More better and better. But i've only one big problem for me, sometimes screen freezed, resolve by restart power+volume. Other problems still not disturb me too much. I use previous build as daily on my 720. And i think this build too.. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs