Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I hope hard reset will not be needed, really hate backing up and restoring photos/videos on my L930 :)

PS, 4% done ;)

eehsun

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, could people doing the upgrade comment on the performance of the device without doing a hard reset after the upgrade? (It would be great if you could also include which build you are upgrading from and your device model).

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Please, could somebody upgrading from 10572 let us know if there is anything different here in this build? Apart from "seems faster". Thanks. For the record, I did read the blog post by Gabe.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Very little time between gears and migrating stages...10572 had a black screen for more than 10 minutes.

Step 18 of 22!

Kevin Happe

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Got it installed and the home screen is all flashy and unreadable. Can nav to other screens and they are fine. Did a reset, issue still exists.
Trying the secondary update now.

Lumia 920

YeahRrright

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Around 15 minutes into update from build 10572 to 10581 (Lumia 1520):

- Hard reset not seems to be needed. Comparing to what I had when I got 10572 (it was unusable before hard reset) this build is fine.
- Accent color changed to red from whatever I had. The rest of personalization seems to be fine.
- LockScreen, only text moves. Weather app is still nowhere in the lockscreen settings.
- Groove is as horrible as it was. If you start playing one song and add stuff to "Now Playing", it doesn't play the next song, but just stops, even though the button shows PAUSE, meaning it thinks it is playing something, if you repeat the same song it hiccups and stumbles in the beginning and the end of the song.
- Unable to connect my laptop to Mobile Hotspot. Just gives error before I can even enter the password.
- Wifi seems to be working OK.
- Hey Cortana works! YAY!
- Cortana's "Play *name_of_the_whatever*" is very sluggish and slow, but it works better than on 10572. Meaning at least it works.
- Cortana in general seems to be a bit faster, but not as smooth as W8.1 Denim.
- Pressing BACK button too fast now evokes the task view, that is annoying. Once it just opened on its own.
- There seems to be no notifications for incoming emails, yet when email is read, or even read and deleted, it still sows in the live tile until new emails will arrive, and the they will be stuck there.
- Motion data store update is still broken. There is an update for WIndowsCamera.
- After installing the update checked the RichCaptue: 3072x1728 resolution with main camera and 1280x720 with front. Front camera sucks.

UPDATE:
- There is no insider HUB.
- Background kind of 'jumps" when closing an app or scrolling fast on start screen.
- Forgot to mention, for me there was almost no black screen after the update.

Last edited:

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Downloads OK but can't get past the preparing for install. That sucks. Yet another error code that means diddly squat. Oh well, here we go again...lol

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I will not hard reset until I see its needed.

This! We're at the point I would hope that it's not needed after an update. (Although honestly, from the MS point of view the ability to update from one TP version to another is something they really don't have to provide (although it's nice) since it's a TP and the real release update will theoretically only be updating from 8.1.)

I hope I don't have to hard reset because being on a 640 with limited space and not being able to change the default storage locations could be an issue. I almost didn't install this update because of that issue, but I figure at worst we'll have a new build in another week or so and I would expect that to be fixed. We're almost to RTM so it can't be too long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion