Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Observations, after upgrading from the previous build, on my Lumia 920 Developer Device (RM-820_nam_canada_246):

Still appears to be broken, concerning Office documents stored on SharePoint servers (that's the first thing I ever check).

Was able to install several "retired" apps from my library. Example: Microsoft Store, Today show. These were removed from the store a very long time ago. Neither of them work, probably because the backend isn't running anymore.

Lumia camera was available, however when I launch it, it just tells me it's obsolete and I should use Windows Camera.

Insider Hub is showing lots of notifications on the tile, but will not launch.

MyATT app crashes at launch (I expect to see an updated version of this before ATT will release the 950 for sale)

LeFreak

May 12, 2015
Visit site
These are the issues I am seeing so far on my L830 with the new build that weren't listed as known:
Insider Hub will not open. It crashes. If you uninstall it, you can't reinstall it as it is not in the mobile app store.
Motion Data now works however there is an app update that will not install and errors out.
Microsoft Photos Plug-In App keeps reinstalling itself after every check for updates.

Exact problems on my 930.

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
The big question for me, is are text messages restoring on this build?

Hi. Quick answer is yes!:smile:

I updated from build 10536 (having not upgraded since then). Before I updated, in the Messaging app settings I ensured the 'Sync messages between devices' under "History and sync" was turned on, and 'Download messages from' dropdown menu was set to Any time.

I then did a backup via Settings > Update & security > Backup

Once that had completed I downloaded and installed the new build 10581. Straight after install I decided to do a hard reset.

After the hard reset I did not restore from backup, but started with the phone afresh.

I went into Messaging app and no old text messages were there. However, I went into the settings of the Messaging app and I had to turn on the 'Sync messages between devices' under "History and sync", and change the 'Download messages from' dropdown menu to Any time.

All my text messages were restored. :grin:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Quick answer is yes!:smile:

I updated from build 10536 (having not upgraded since then). Before I updated, in the Messaging app settings I ensured the 'Sync messages between devices' under "History and sync" was turned on, and 'Download messages from' dropdown menu was set to Any time.

I then did a backup via Settings > Update & security > Backup

Once that had completed I downloaded and installed the new build 10581. Straight after install I decided to do a hard reset.

After the hard reset I did not restore from backup, but started with the phone afresh.

I went into Messaging app and no old text messages were there. However, I went into the settings of the Messaging app and I had to turn on the 'Sync messages between devices' under "History and sync", and change the 'Download messages from' dropdown menu to Any time.

All my text messages were restored. :grin:
I didn't even factory reset. Everything came up and was all there including my text messages. Have 0 problems on my Lumia 830 thus far. Just the same motion data update issue and insider hub doesn't work.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Try #3? after a reboot. Last I could see on the display was Preparing to install updates 50% then the same error.
Now here?s a weird thing. I ran the Windows Insider app and it told me that it couldn?t find a preview build on my phone. It offered for me to use an alternate logon. I clicked alternate logon and used the same credentials that I used before. It took me to the Slow/Fast selection. Trying again now.
Try #4 also failed. During the Preparing to install update it jumped from 50% to 100% and popped the error.
Now I have to move on with life so I'll try again later... maybe the next build. Or maybe the 950.

bulutsuzgece

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920, coming from 10549. Before 10549 I was on WP 8.1 (about 10 days ago). The download completed. Went to "Preparing to install updates". Half way thru: Error 0x80070538.
Tried again, same result.

Try #3 for me also. Getting Error 0x80070538 somewhere in the preparing to install stage.

The situation is the same for my Lumia 920.
Is there any solution for this error?

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I had been doing hard resets but haven't had to yet with this build (I wanted to avoid possible issues with the media card). So far no issues.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
On my 830:

Upgraded directly from 572. The process went quickly and smoothly.

No hard reset.

I do think I'm seeing an increase in performance over 572: The OS seems to be a little smoother and apps open up a little quicker. It feels pretty close to 8.1 in that respect.

Just a couple quirks after up and running (needing to sign into some apps again. And a couple appcrashes) but nothing serious.

All but one of my text messages are back. This never bothered me, anyway, but for those wondering....

Other than that...nothing else to report at this time.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The situation is the same for my Lumia 920.
Is there any solution for this error?

Looking from some common problem for those experiencing the 0x80070538 error.
I am running build 572 on a Lumia 1020 (AT&T). Build 572 was my first install of WM10, about a day after it was released.
I am on Fast Track

I have tried soft & hard reset. Did not restore a backup. After 6 attempts to upgrade, I still get the error after getting to 100% during "Preparing to install updates".

glennmorita

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Nope, Glance is still missing for me on my 928 since build 10549. Other than that it works great on my 928.

Lockmix allows me to use a different start picture again.

Insider Hub seems to have disappeared as well.

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded my Lumia 735 from 10572 with no problems. Everything seems much smoother and faster than the prior build. Twitter app is working again for me that launched to a white screen in 10572. Still can't log in to Here Maps or Drive to use my saved favorites. Sign-in screen goes black when I enter any information.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
920, updated from 10572, no hard reset.

1st and 3rd Quick Actions still crashing Notifications and Actions settings screen when trying to change them.

Glance won't open. First time I've had this problem, although have had the Glance update error in the store since maybe 10536.

The fading lock screen is better than the previous static background, which had me double thumbing the screen up.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Glance won't open. First time I've had this problem, although have had the Glance update error in the store since maybe 10536.

That was in the last build for me. It showed up a few days after install.

However, it's back to working for me after this update. Strange.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs