Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

jeffoffline

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I have an unlocked 830 with today's build. I just took some sample pictures and uploaded them to OneDrive to inspect. With the MS camera app as the default camera (not Lumia Camera), and the app set at the defaults, the pictures uploaded range between 3.8 and 4.9 MB in size, and all have a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels - and look fine (for an 8MP camera). I am not at all seeing what you're seeing.

Well that's encouraging, thanks for posting that you're not having problems. I saw you did a hard reset, I didn't, I'll have to give that a try later.

I still can't figure out a pattern between it working and not. The pictures that "fail" don't have the EXIF info. For anyone else reading and having the problem I wonder if it was a windows phone app update that caused the problem cause this problem actually started for me yesterday when i was on 10572 which i had been running since it was released.

Luis Aramini

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I installed this build on a Lumia 925 without hard resetting (coming from 8.1). So far, I have noticed an increased performance overall, even better than with 10572. No connectivity issues (4G or WiFi), Outlook Tile is updating properly, and Loading... Resuming... screens are a rare view, particularly the last one. Transitions and animations are working both flawlessly and smoothly, and Glance Screen is functioning properly as well. I have installed all builds since available for my phone and this one is the best one yet, by far.

RiptideLA

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Calendar App - Can't make new appointments

Had a successful install of 10581, but I'm having the same problem I did with 10572 - the calendar app seems to work great, very smooth, but when I enter a new appointment on my Icon, it simply does not work. The data entry window closes when I choose "Save & Close", but there is no new appointment.

(Thank you for fixing the calendar in this build in one respect - all the data from my calendar entries now carries through, including the notes. Lovely.)

Any way to fix this? Anyone else having this problem?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I installed this build on a Lumia 925 without hard resetting (coming from 8.1). So far, I have noticed an increased performance overall, even better than with 10572. No connectivity issues (4G or WiFi), Outlook Tile is updating properly, and Loading... Resuming... screens are a rare view, particularly the last one. Transitions and animations are working both flawlessly and smoothly, and Glance Screen is functioning properly as well. I have installed all builds since available for my phone and this one is the best one yet, by far.
Same here so far on my Icon. Will see if it lasts but it's smooth and Hey Cortana works perfectly so far. I came from 10549 and I was happy with that but this is even better so far.

barondebxl

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 640 here, at first my screen was all glitchy after the update so I did a reset and updated. Now it feels 10 times smoother than the previous build. Like this is pretty much ready to go.

HScottLeviant

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
This is the first build that has fully trashed a phone for me. I am in an endless reboot loop, followed by the frowny face, followed by gears churning and a reboot, etc. I've had builds that needed a reset to run right, but never got stuck in the upgrade cycle.

I have a 640xl. When I get home I will try to recover back to 8.1, upgrade on a clean install and see what happens. I am seeing a wider set of experiences here. This build seems rather sensitive to the state of the phone when upgrading, since I am not detecting a pattern based on device. Some low end devices upgraded fine according to comments. Some older ones did. Others have had severe problems.

At least cloud backups make blowing the OS away and starting over fairly lossless (other than time looking at turning gears).

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay, this is annoying. HTC OneM8, 10536, and my phone for the last hour insists there are not updates available in Windows Update. (And yes, I'm in the Fast Ring.) Ideas?

I had the same issue...thoughtI was in the fast ring but I did a hard reset after jumping to 10572 and I forgot to reinstall the Insider app. Doh!

Thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro