Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I can't install the new build, still stuck on 10572. I got the error 0x80070538 and I only got up to Preparing to Install progress. Done this twice and I just restarted the phone, so I'll check if things go well. What a waste of bandwidth though.

ltomovski

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I can not find update .. I can not start the windows insider app.. I can not uninstall it .. can this be the problem why I can not see the 10581

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Glance works if you don't try to update it. If you do, it won't update (Been this way since the previous build, and Gabe knows.) and the already-there version won't work anymore. Same goes for Network+, Touch, Audio, and Rate your Device (Feedback to Nokia) apps. These are a couple of additions to broken-stuff-which-was-working-before.

So Audio doesn't work? So I can't change my Equalizer settings?

HScottLeviant

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I was able to use the recovery tool to roll back to 8.1, but I had to soft reset a few times to get my computer to catch it at the right time in the boot cycle. Once it did, the recovery was quick. I am trying to upgrade again with a pretty clean phone (no apps downloaded and didn't restore from a backup). We'll see how that goes....it's working on the update now. I'll feel better when I see some movement again on the progress bar.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Anybody experiencing text message lag and storage issues (ex: cannot select where to store new apps, music, downloads, etc)?????

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Lock screen behavior changed with 10536...the entire screen moved before that.

I liked better the old behavior. The new one looks foreign to the OS - just moving text without any background looks like a bad website. The background fading out also does not seem to be connected to the gesture I am doing. I don't know why they changed it, but looks like this will stay.

Last edited:

rocker1m1

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Running on Lumia 640XL without a datawipe:
It is definitely a lot smoother than the previous 2 builds. I have issues with the scaling: Some of the UI elements are simply too small for the large screen phone with not much DPI (720p after all). Some items like Edge menus, navigation elements and text are simply too small. Also Edge needs to do a better job resizing fonts to make it readable.

Finally the Store still feels laggy. It has definitely improved considerably over the previous builds, but it still has a long way to go.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Woah, based from the posts here looks like this build works great on my 520. Now I really want to install it. But... I'm quite scared. LOL. It's my first time trying this Insider Preview thing. I don't know what to do. I don't even understand what's a fast ring and slow ring! I am most concerned with my apps, games, and files. Do I need to hard reset my phone? If yes, what would happen to my apps? If not, is there a chance that this build would corrupt them or something? What I understand about hard reset is that it will wipe out all data on your phone. So I guess I need to do a backup?

I would suggest to wait for the official rollout.

Dileep Punnoose

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey all, on updating from 10549 to 10581 on Lumia 830, there is a enormous difference in performance - obviously in a good way :) Good that I skipped the last build. There is no instance where I am getting the resume or loading screen so far... This is awesome... we are almost there....

Zuhaib Nazir

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Using in lumia 640 XL,
1) Lock Screen Still lags, Delay in Tiles
2) games Performance is degraded , Even Candy Crush Saga is very low Framerates :(
3) hate that SD Card card Selection for apps, games disappeared
4) Observing battery timings average

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Cant download keyboard for word suggestion... Cant figure out if im installing apps on sd card or phone memory... Store is little slow n hangs up ofte.... These are few issues that im facing.

JDasenbrock

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
My upgrade attempt from 10549 to 10581 failed 4 times today. I finally used the recovery tool and now I am nearing the end of what looks like a successful upgrade. So the recovery tool helped. No BS about it.
The way I understood what happens is that Error 0x80070538 is related to phones which were originally with WP 8 and than later upgraded to WP 8.1. My Lumia 920 is certainly one of those. The recovery tool took my Lumia 920 to WP 8.1 Cyan. As for other 920 users with successful upgrades, I guess they used the recovery tool at some time in the past.
I followed the same path with my Icon. The update failed from 10572 to 10581 many times with 0x80070538. Used the software recovery tool to go back to W8.1. Then, used the Windows Insider to get to 10581.

My phone fits the described scenario, originally W8, updated to W8.1, then to 10572 and had never previously used the software recovery tool.

Last edited:

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I too have an Icon. I went from 8 to 8.1. Then my first w10m build was 1072, and I was able to upgrade to that with few issues. I was not able to upgrade from 10572 to 10581. I had to drop down to 8.1 and then upgrade to 10581.

One issue I'm currently having is the keyboard either doesn't go away when it's supposed to, stay/move where it's supposed to, or relatively minor issues heretofore mentioned.

Glad Hey Cortana works again!

nukesheart1520

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
didn't do a hard reset yet (i don't wanna lose my Terraria save again :'( ) but the battery is draining like crazy..

I was taking a nap with battery at 77%, with music on, and after about 30mins it dropped to 68%! O_O'

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
They removed the possibility to login to the feedback app with a different account. Now I am unable to login with my insider enabled account - no feedback from me anymore.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
After having some sleep; battery usage was only a good 1% when waking up, it used to be 2.5% with last build. Thou I kinda doubt they really improved it that much so will have to wait for another night to evaluate tomorrow :)

But cortana on, hey cortana on and motion data on.

PS, factory reset done.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Woah, based from the posts here looks like this build works great on my 520. Now I really want to install it. But... I'm quite scared. LOL. It's my first time trying this Insider Preview thing. I don't know what to do. I don't even understand what's a fast ring and slow ring! I am most concerned with my apps, games, and files. Do I need to hard reset my phone? If yes, what would happen to my apps? If not, is there a chance that this build would corrupt them or something? What I understand about hard reset is that it will wipe out all data on your phone. So I guess I need to do a backup?

Repost, asking for help...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12