Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

rhrhd

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded my Lumia 630 DS (512 mb) from 10536 to 10581 without hard reset. been playing one hours, and this is my review so far:

- it's fast! surely now we are near RTM build.
- microsoft edge are more stable. no crash. faster. a bit laggy on some website, ex: windowscentral, then it goes to reload loop but it's not crash.
- dual SIM messaging and phone works nice. no crash.
- people tiles animation now have larger profile pictures. and i prefer the smaller one.
- battery drains seems okay, i dont know, still one hour usage. but when I use build 10536 there is always notification shows my phone charged slowly everytime I charge my phone. now it's gone.
- chat apps works nice. windowscentral app works nice. games like candy crush soda, VBA10, works nice too.
- quick action tiles on lockscreen seems rearranged nicely.

well, the only bug i found are in storage app that we can't change where new files, apps, etc will be saved. exactly like g said.

oh, and I can't open Insider Hub app (Just found it)

that's it.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm that motion data works, it tracks my steps, even thou there is a failed app updated in the store. Seems like default app works just fine.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that motion data works, it tracks my steps, even thou there is a failed app updated in the store. Seems like default app works just fine.
My steps are still missing, and motion is still not working for me.
The only update this seems to have done for me, is enabled the wide tile on the facebook app!

gachie geofrey

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Well, previous build screwed up the sms restore, so I performed hard reset to get them all back. Unfortunately, this build does not bother to restore sms at all... It seems I lost them for good.

I am in the same buddy, i have tried all i can but none is working .Has anyone here managed to have sms backup restored ?

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site

Oh well so based on what I read, this issue isn't new either and still persist even on later builds. Looks like I have to rest my phone for a while since this is just a hassle and annoying to redo everything again. In this case I'll just stay for this build and maybe wait for any news if there will be another build coming or not. Since the new build is generally the same, I can just stay for a while and continue giving feedbacks which is the point why I decided to even participate.

Microsoft seriously needs to nail to fix these upgrade issues especially for public builds as much as they can, also best if they can make it more optimize and causes little issues after upgrading things. Resetting should not be a rule for every upgrade in Windows, it should be just an option on rather rare cases.

TerjeF

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
1520: Build works great, but Message app is crashing a lot. Every second time I enten Message for viewing a SMS, the app closes. The next time I enter is OK... Besides that, looks great!

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I also have this issue of the phantom Motion App update that just won't install. I wish it would. Anyone managed to fix it?

Not yet. Had this with Photos Plugin in previous builds which I managed to get rid of by uninstalling Lumia Moments that came with the image right after hard reset and before it could be updated by the store. But that is not possible here I guess. Hope it will be fixed for the RTM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb