Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The bug where you can't change the Action button for Rotation Lock (or the rightmost one), is still present. Minor, I know, but could it be that hard to solve?

wullie mccracken

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Been running for 8 hours only one problem sofar. Is that when connected to car via Bluetooth can control volume. But not track.selection apart from that it's running like a train on a 1520

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
updated from 536, No hard reset. Over all buggy....Maybe I need to hard reset but, due to data loss, I need to avoid this.

Major bug with SMS/text messages, I still have the old messages listed but, if I open a few of them, the program just closes. (saw the update, updated, not fixed). It's EXTREMELY laggy, open a text and it shows a blank text window (like first text to someone) and then after about 30 seconds, it populates with old texts. VERY buggy...

Seening a bunch of loading screens here and there,

Battery life is BAD so far on my ICON, only updated a few apps and looked over some settings, started at 6am @ 100% charge, it's 9am and my battery is at 18%.... WTF ?

xxfuzzyxx

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
This build ia very nice on my 640. Feels as fast and smooth as 8.1 on my device. Storage sense bug is annoying but this build makes it feel as if it's almost complete.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
The update has been very smooth for me. Overall took about 50 minutes. I updated my Lumia 920 from build 10549 to the current build 10581. So far everything works for me. But I say everything because this is not my daily driver and I cannot test things like true phone functions(calls, service, messaging etc.) So this is the basic navigation around the start screen and apps. The only small bug is the lock screen where only the text slides up and not the picture but at least it unlocks smoothly. No "resuming" or "loading" screens ever and that's without a hard reset so far. I will update this thread if needed. So far flawless. They still didn't fix the Edge browser though. It is terrible. Also the People Hub has a visual facelift with larger circles for the live tile. It still isn't as beautiful as before but it looks like they're sticking with it. Too early to tell if battery life has been improved or not.

Last edited:

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
The battery is much, MUCH better! On build 10536 the battery would drain with minimal use on my Lumia 930 from 100% to single digits or zero within 8 hours. Now after the same 8 hour period today it is still @ 89%! This alone is makes me happy.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Dude, that's the new lock screen, where'd you like it or not, it's not a bug.

Oh wow I didn't know they were changing it. In that case then I don't have a problem with it although it seems to diverge from the way the lock screen has always operated. Even on the PC the lock screen image slides up. Are you sure about this?

conorn

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
That's new behaviour. Never had this in previous builds.

What's happening now is that alarm only works through the notifications. Not 'stand-alone'. Intentional?

Every time you update your phone, you have to setup again your sounds, first of all the alarms. It works well, but by default is set to Default sound, wich means none in builds

BluetoothFairy1

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Upgraded yesterday from Denim to 10581 on L635, no hard reset. Is faster to open apps than Denim was.
Found a few things, I was not aware of:
1/ I'm observing lag when swiping up and down the start screen, it seems to be "skipping", so the scroll is not smooth. I jumps.
2/ Microsoft Health is not updating steps and calories even after reinstall, yet motion data is activated and connected to it
3/ Data Sense app is gone
4/ Store app live tile remains still "live", even after you deactivate it in the Store app's settings

This is my first ever W10 build on Lumia, so not sure, if these are new bugs or carryovers from previous builds.
No battery drain - 75% after 12 hours of limited use
I have not used the new Skype messaging features yet, but other apps seem to work just fine.
Camera app is better and seems to have less shutter lag than on Denim.
I really like the option in Photos where OneDrive and Phone remain in sync - meaning I don't have to delete a photo twice - they finally mirror each other, unlike on Denim. Finally!
Judging by what I've seen so far, I think this build is stable and fast enough to be a daily driver for me.
Only time till tell..

fjordstrom

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Upgraded from 8.1 to this build and Microsoft Camera didn't record sound (also was a bug in the previous build on Lumia 930s).
So I did a hard reset and I still have this problem.
Lumia Camera doesn't even record video (also since previous build).

Any other 930 user that has this problem (of not)?

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded from 8.1 to this build and Microsoft Camera didn't record sound (also was a bug in the previous build on Lumia 930s).
So I did a hard reset and I still have this problem.
Lumia Camera doesn't even record video (also since previous build).

Any other 930 user that has this problem (of not)?

Lumia 930 user here.

Lumia Camera still has an issue recording video. Microsoft Camera, it records correctly and with sound. Same as the previous build, for me anyway.

Meengene

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
On the new update, other than sd card issues as reported, everything is pretty good with one very big exception. Edge does not even work. Had to do a full reset of the phone. Now, when using 2 factor authentication, cannot even log into my account. OMG, microsft needs a new team, they are truly a disaster, and I am a passionate WM10Mobile user. This is on a att Lumia 1520. It appears there is a bug that when you select sign in by micrsoft account, it will not do it if you have 2 factor set up, though if you go out to the webportal, you can sign in and such, but it will not let you restore from backup. It appears you have to reset again, then choose other pop account and go that route. Microsoft needs to bring an entirely new team in as these issues have persisited for quite awhile. Anyone else encounter such a mess?

Update; Turn OFF 2 factor auth before you sign in to your account, then restore from backup works. If you need a code to be sent, sending to phone does not work for me, had to use secondary email account. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Janik Merz

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 625 (Car-Phone with Music Pro) from 10572 and my Lumia 925 (everyday use) from 10536.1004.

First of all I have to say that even if there were and still are some problems with these Previews I love using them because of the huge benefits compared to WP8.1.

10536.1004 sometimes was quite slow but I didn?t update my Lumia 925 because I did not want to go back to 8.1 and lose all App-data?
But I tested it on the 625 and it was astonishing fast on this "low budget" phone.

10581 is even faster and I so far didn?t recognize any problems related to reaction time. It even seems to be faster on my Lumia 925 than on the brand new installed WP8.1 Lumia 925 of my mom ;)
I did not have a black screen on installing it and the the battery lasts much longer now :)

I used Windows Mobile, WP7 / 7.5 / 7.8, WP8 / 8.1 and now I have to say:
"Thank you Microsoft, you are finally doing the right thing"

Now let?s come to the bugs I recognized till today:

• Only Text moves when swiping the lock screen
  • No App-Data on the lock screen for me (it is correctly selected in the settings) on Glance Screen the small symbols are still working
  • Glance Screen does not show the same Text as the lock screen (is a Bug from the beginning ? only worked correct on WP8.1) e.g. WhatsApp massages are not visible, just the name of the person that sent something
  • Can?t select pictures in some apps (Aweseome Lock and even Photo-App) if I click on "select" just nothing happens (Only a problem on my 925)
  • In Edge I can only select Bing as a search engine on my 925 (on the 625 there is google as well)
  • The letters Q, U, S don?t work on de address line of Edge
  • Insider Hub is missing

These are no bugs but still not perfect:

• Deleting a massage in the notification center: swipe to the right
    Deleting a massage in outlook: swipe to the left
    Are you kidding me? :D
  • Might be nice to set "do not use cellular data in background" for each app separately
  • Set a "start-folder" in the Photos-App
  • And please create something similar to the App MusicPro
    I love how it works but it crashes quite often (on WP8.1 as well)

If anyone of you can help me out on one of the bugs I found, so please contact me ;)

Last edited:

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
MY Nokia 520 had 31 updates when I checked the store, I tapped several times on the 31 to see those updates, but it took several taps, before they showed. Then 5 updates that wouldn't load, gave error 0x803F8006 for each of them.
I tried to assign a ringtone to a contact and was shown an APP from the store is required, but no app was shown. I tried to assign one to a contact messaging, that did the same thing.

This morning I just checked the phone for updates, and another was installed, just need to reboot.

The start screen doesn't slide up in Windows 10 after the pin is placed on the phone, because it's more secure that way, at least they think that way.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
  • Deleting a massage in the notification center: swipe to the right
    Deleting a massage in outlook: swipe to the left
    Are you kidding me? :D

You can change this behaviour.

Open Outlook Mail > Press the Ellipses ... > Settings > Options > Then set the swipe left/right drop-down menus to how you'd prefer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99