Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I get what you are trying to say and I agree that resources are handled very efficiently by this OS. However, writing from the programmer's point of view, this is obviously still a task for the OS that costs resources - memory and more important: battery - unless it is completely magical. So it would be even more efficient if an app that is definitely not needed anymore would simply be unloaded. I could signalize this wish to the OS by using the back button and signalize that I am still using the app in the near future by using the Windows button. This always worked really good as I had control. It requires more steps now and simply seems to be messed up.

No battery is not affected by a suspended app, and no it is not a task for the OS. If you refer to the task of freeing memory at a later time (if and when it is needed) that task costs less than showing you a task view and then handling your input and then free the memory. Yeah things do look magical till you understand them usually :)

berserk_1320

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
For me it's working great, I did the hard reset although it wasn't needed, and I'm enjoying it as my daily driver, great transitions and effects, almost none "Resuming ..." Or "Loading...", actually it's the first build I'm really happy about it.

Spicymikey

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I haven't updated since 536 because of the need to rollback to 8.1 first. So for me, this is a huge improvement in this last month. Still missing features from 8.1. Not at parity yet and there are still bugs, but wouldn't call W10M a "hot mess" anymore LOL.

BB_Nicky86

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1020 User

Before this build the camera apps worked, sluggish but worked. I tried to use Lumia Pro cam after the update and the phone rebooted and now the shutter is stuck open and no camera apps or flashlight apps work at all. Anyone else having this problem?

Other than that the build is much more stable, messaging is much snappier and groove music works better.

Mohamed Elgamal

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Well well well.. I updated from 8.1 on my 830 without hard reset after the update and that's what Like:
- Overall performance is pretty good "I didn't know about the second update and I don't see any difference between after and before"
- Apps launches really really fast not sure if even faster than 8.1
- I am in love with edge, almost complete
- I have no issue with the lock screen and I use pin
- Camera working well
- I don't notice any battery drain
- The keyboard and selecting text (copy&paste) from web pages or documents are much better now
-Glance working without any issues

Update: There's one thing I've noticed, I was getting random display dim-offs like the screen goes totally off for a second but when I switched the brightness setting to "low" instead of "automatic" it never happened again, at least until now

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
That's new behaviour. Never had this in previous builds.

What's happening now is that alarm only works through the notifications. Not 'stand-alone'. Intentional?

No, alarm works as usual. Check in settings if notifications is full activated and not only banner . Also check alarm app to be in allowed background apps

Michael Cole5

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
ICON user

Just updated and Lumia camera still does not record on the Icon but the normal camera app does. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Lumia camera app without success.

Also when my battery dies and I plug the phone in the screen is frozen and I have to force a reboot 2-3x before it boots up without a frozen screen.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
This build feels a ton better and super smooth. Just a few small hiccups and glitches here and there but nothing serious. Really love the improved battery life on my HTC One M8.

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Dude, that's the new lock screen, whether you like it or not, it's not a bug.

You may believe that. But many of us consider it a bug. Maybe not as bad as the bug that is the new People tile. But still a bug. And apparently one they purposefully created. I for one will continue treating it as a bug, and reporting it, until such time as they fix it, or provide an option to enable a fix for it. :)

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
No battery is not affected by a suspended app, and no it is not a task for the OS.

And who does this magic then?

If you refer to the task of freeing memory at a later time (if and when it is needed) that task costs less than showing you a task view and then handling your input and then free the memory.

That's what I said - no task view needed previously and memory freed instantly whenever I wanted.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a PC running Windows 10 as well have it on a test phone. I placed websites in Favorites on the PC Edge, but non are listed on the phone version of the Edge. I was under the impression what I have on
the PC, I could see on the phone too. I don't see how I can import them either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss