Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
You may believe that. But many of us consider it a bug. Maybe not as bad as the bug that is the new People tile. But still a bug. And apparently one they purposefully created. I for one will continue treating it as a bug, and reporting it, until such time as they fix it, or provide an option to enable a fix for it. :)

Maybe they just want to get feedback for it and therefore did not announce it. My feedback is: I don't like it as it looks unfinished and foreign to the rest of the UI.

Brett Sites

May 31, 2013
Visit site
My update went smoothly, but had to set it in the freezer so as not to overheat when doing the upgrade. After upgrading, did a restore and it went smoothly. Let all the updates download. Then got a few of my main apps. Everything seems smooth. Still seems a little warm to the touch when on the charger and isn't charging as quickly as 8.1.

Still missing texts between August 2014 and yesterday. Will give it a couple days to see if it updates as others have suggested.

Groove works ok. Loaded new self-titled Def Leppard on this morning and all my streaming music from OneDrive appears, too.

Anxious to see how it performs as my daily driver over the weekend.

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Let's see... on the LUMIA 635 I've been using for testing from the beginning, the performance is about the same (dismal compared to WP8.1). Apps still crash randomly (especially native ones, curiously). I already have two apps that will NOT update in the Store: LUMIA Help & Tips and Motion Data (both error 803F8006). I was up to eight apps with various errors trying to update. I expect no different with this version. I usually see "resuming" after swiping up the lock screen (and I HATE the new way the lock screen works... stupid Microsoft). Edge is still incredibly slow to start and takes forever to completely load a webpage so you can navigate it (the same problem exists on the tablet/desktop/laptop version). I don't even dare using the SD card anymore because support is simply a flip of the coin. With this latest version the radios don't work correctly. After a reboot it takes up to five minutes for the LTE radio to work and up to ten minutes for WiFi. This NEVER happened with WP8.1. Although it was always slower on W10, it was never this bad. The Camera app automatically forces landscape rotation when you first start it (stupid). When playing back a video you recorded the volume control has a long delay before responding (I attribute this to just the overall HORRIBLE performance of W10M). The Camera app also never remembers that I have it set to Pro mode. Fonts on the tiles are far too small -- they are MUCH more readable and attractive on WP8. Likewise, it appears that the idiots at Microsoft are also changing the way they display outstanding notifications on live tiles, going away from an obvious and readable bold number to a teenie tiny number buried in a stupid black circle--again, hardly readable. Clearly, Microsoft is determined to make the OS as ugly and unreadable as they can. The Photos app is also still quite lame compared to WP8. The ONLY pictures you can save as a favorite are ones physically stored on the device. AND you cannot actually save a picture from your collection TO your device in order to SET it as a favorite. If I were king for a day, I'd fire Satya Nadella and all his cronies.

Gustavo Sanchez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I few builds ago, i felt very concerned about the performance of W10 in my 1520. The last two builds, however, have been working great for me. No battery drain, good performance.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
You may believe that. But many of us consider it a bug. Maybe not as bad as the bug that is the new People tile. But still a bug. And apparently one they purposefully created.

There is actually a definition for a software bug, e.g. from Wikipedia:
A software bug is an error, flaw, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways.

And in this case the lock screen seems to be functioning exactly as intended and designed by Microsoft. I'm sure they have test cases for this feature & all are passing.

You may disagree with their design decision but it's not a bug.

B Madhav Reddy

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
It is working Fine and Great But it lacks many features like Time on lock screen is lacking time for 5sec and there is no landscape mode for start screen

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

I said seems, so in my opinion. Look at the way the text for the date and time fade out as you swipe up and equally the way the pin pad slides in from the bottom. It all looks polished and intentional. Not what some people want, but intentional.

It's after midnight here so I'm off to bed but I'll try searching for a source tomorrow or ask Gabe or the W10 team on twitter if I can't find anything.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Lumia Camera doesn't even record video (also since previous build).
Lumia Camera still has an issue recording video. Microsoft Camera, it records correctly and with sound. Same as the previous build, for me anyway.
Just updated and Lumia camera still does not record on the Icon but the normal camera app does.

As already mentioned several times, the Lumia Camera App will be discontinued (You even get a message on your phone), so I think people should forget about that App (no matter how good it was....), and focus on Windows camera.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
As already mentioned several times, the Lumia Camera App will be discontinued (You even get a message on your phone), so I think people should forget about that App (no matter how good it was....), and focus on Windows camera.

Not sure why you quoted me, I am only replying and giving feedback to those that asked. :/

Also, I don't get this message but I do know it's probably going to be discontinued. Microsoft Camera seems to be becoming on par "feature" wise with Lumia Camera, albeit slowly.

Janik Merz

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
You can change this behaviour.

Open Outlook Mail > Press the Ellipses ... > Settings > Options > Then set the swipe left/right drop-down menus to how you'd prefer.

Thank you very much (and shame on me :D)

Not a bug, by design (and I like it better)

Do you know for sure or are you just guessing?

And does anybody know why Microsoft does not plan to launch the final Windows 10 Mobile on all Lumias?
Even the preview works fine on my 625 and 925 but they are both not on the "final" list...

So I just wonder what happens on the day the final version is launched:
  • Do my phones stay on the latest preview?
  • Do I have to flash back to 8.1?
  • Or does any Insider get the final version even if his phone is not on the list?

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I said seems, so in my opinion. Look at the way the text for the date and time fade out as you swipe up and equally the way the pin pad slides in from the bottom. It all looks polished and intentional. Not what some people want, but intentional.

It's after midnight here so I'm off to bed but I'll try searching for a source tomorrow or ask Gabe or the W10 team on twitter if I can't find anything.

You also said exactly as intended... OK, don't care...

However, it still looks strange and did anyone spot this in a PC insider build? For me, if intended, it is just an unnecessary change of something that was fine before. Also had the idea to ask Gabe, but I'm not on Twitter... ;)

zapppa83

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Let's see... on the LUMIA 635 I've been using for testing from the beginning, the performance is about the same (dismal compared to WP8.1). Apps still crash randomly (especially native ones, curiously). I already have two apps that will NOT update in the Store: LUMIA Help & Tips and Motion Data (both error 803F8006). I was up to eight apps with various errors trying to update. I expect no different with this version. I usually see "resuming" after swiping up the lock screen (and I HATE the new way the lock screen works... stupid Microsoft). Edge is still incredibly slow to start and takes forever to completely load a webpage so you can navigate it (the same problem exists on the tablet/desktop/laptop version). I don't even dare using the SD card anymore because support is simply a flip of the coin. With this latest version the radios don't work correctly. After a reboot it takes up to five minutes for the LTE radio to work and up to ten minutes for WiFi. This NEVER happened with WP8.1. Although it was always slower on W10, it was never this bad. The Camera app automatically forces landscape rotation when you first start it (stupid). When playing back a video you recorded the volume control has a long delay before responding (I attribute this to just the overall HORRIBLE performance of W10M). The Camera app also never remembers that I have it set to Pro mode. Fonts on the tiles are far too small -- they are MUCH more readable and attractive on WP8. Likewise, it appears that the idiots at Microsoft are also changing the way they display outstanding notifications on live tiles, going away from an obvious and readable bold number to a teenie tiny number buried in a stupid black circle--again, hardly readable. Clearly, Microsoft is determined to make the OS as ugly and unreadable as they can. The Photos app is also still quite lame compared to WP8. The ONLY pictures you can save as a favorite are ones physically stored on the device. AND you cannot actually save a picture from your collection TO your device in order to SET it as a favorite. If I were king for a day, I'd fire Satya Nadella and all his cronies.
stupid post.
it's a BETA
And tiles font size changes like you set in Screen settings

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

So I just wonder what happens on the day the final version is launched:
  • Do my phones stay on the latest preview?
  • Do I have to flash back to 8.1?
  • Or does any Insider get the final version even if his phone is not on the list?

I hope the last option, same as desktop s.o. ;) I got Win10 on the very first day one because I'm a Lumia insider :sweaty: so I hope we'll get it on mobiles

conorn

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
No, alarm works as usual. Check in settings if notifications is full activated and not only banner . Also check alarm app to be in allowed background apps

OK. I now understand your fist reply :) First time it won't work. Then must be setup properly - Default on Notifications, Custom in app. Banner on. Then all good. Didn't happen in previous builds and is a bit non-intuitive. I may report as bug.

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Holy crap... worse than the last build on my battery... L1520... I updated from 8.1 (because last build drained my battery in about 8 hours no matter what I tried to do) last night... after the update I had about 50% battery... So I put it on the charger.... when I went to bed it was still at 50%.. Get up this morning after letting it charge all night... 20%! WTF.. I check the charger.. it's good... cable is good... Bye Bye build 10581 this is bad.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Holy crap... worse than the last build on my battery... L1520... I updated from 8.1 (because last build drained my battery in about 8 hours no matter what I tried to do) last night... after the update I had about 50% battery... So I put it on the charger.... when I went to bed it was still at 50%.. Get up this morning after letting it charge all night... 20%! WTF.. I check the charger.. it's good... cable is good... Bye Bye build 10581 this is bad.

The only one in the world till now ?

Chaitanya Polumetla

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Okay, before I start, here is some background of where I am coming from. I have used Phones running iOS, Andriod, WP and I love trying out new devices regardless of the OS. Back in 2012 when I got bored with the lack of innovation of iOS, I gave WP a shot with the Lumia 900 and it was a love-hate relationship. I loved it because it was refreshingly new and I hated it because it lacked basic features. Then came WP 8 and I was told that I could not upgrade and that was it, I switched to Andriod and now I am back to using iOS again.

After watching the Microsoft Event early this month, I wanted to give Windows Phone one more shot and I have pre-ordered the 950XL. When build 10581 came out yesterday, I remembered that I had a Nokia 520 lying around at my home which I had bought as a temporary replacement for my wife's phone sometime last year. So, the thought came into my mind to install this build and see what Windows 10 could do with a phone that has bare-bones specs and boy am I surprised. I saw the phone transform into something totally different, it is smooth, it is capable (with puny 512mb RAM) and it has the potential to make some big waves. I am sincerely hoping that the universal windows platform brings some lacking apps to this platform. All I know is that Microsoft has a potential winner with WP 10 and I say potential since it is entirely up to Microsoft to lobby hard to bring the apps into this ecosystem and only then it can give iOS and Andriod a run for their money.

Eagerly waiting for the Lumia 950XL and hey Microsoft, the Edge browser keeps crashing on start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3