Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Holy crap... worse than the last build on my battery... L1520... I updated from 8.1 (because last build drained my battery in about 8 hours no matter what I tried to do) last night... after the update I had about 50% battery... So I put it on the charger.... when I went to bed it was still at 50%.. Get up this morning after letting it charge all night... 20%! WTF.. I check the charger.. it's good... cable is good... Bye Bye build 10581 this is bad.

Did you have a look into battery sense? E.g. on the 820 with build 10549 I had the process "Start" with 99.6% total background activity in 24h.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
ihavesame problem with L920. How to fix this guys!? I really don't want to hard reset it or to roll back

Open settings and change your background image. It should, hopefully, fix the issue for you.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...705-a5ec-e5212a107ea9?tm=1446146725635&auth=1

You may end up with a corrupted Start experience. The workaround is to swipe down from the top to bring up Action Center (which won’t be corrupted) then Settings > Personalization > Start and apply a different background picture or set to none.

Ammer758

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have build 10581 on a really old L920, upgraded from 572 no hard reset. All of the promises on gabe's post have played out.

Voicemail = Fixed.
Cortana = Better
Speed = Better
Quick Action Updates = Nope, still broken. I can change 2 of the 4...

I am using this as my daily driver and it is functioning really well. A little slow in a couple spots and a couple of App crashes, but those apps crashed on Denim too.

Overall, not a lot of risk on this build. Pretty happy with it.

patrickg25

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi just updated to this build and so far so good. However there are 8 apps (Windows Maps, MSN Weather?, etc) on my phone that the store reads as "new updates". But when I tap the refresh icon to update in a few seconds they all say complete. I refresh check new updates and there they go again. I try to update again, they say complete without loading, and later the store says they need update. Again. Any same experience?

EDIT: Nevermind, I searched the apps one by one on the store and updated them on their specific app pages. It worked. Love the new build :)

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Did you have a look into battery sense? E.g. on the 820 with build 10549 I had the process "Start" with 99.6% total background activity in 24h.
There is no battery sense... I looked into background apps and see nothing unusual... I turned everything off so I can charge this stupid thing... It in the freezer now so hopefully when it gets cold I can charge it above 40% so I can update and if that doesn't change anything I'm going back to 8.1 today...

XHotSniperX

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I got that build on my Lumia 930 and it's absolutely awesome! Like a new phone. Battery is much much better! By far. And loading battery is better too and faster. The phone doesn't get hot anymore.
Performance is way better, too.

Nice build! Looking forward to RTM :)

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
There is no battery sense... I looked into background apps and see nothing unusual... I turned everything off so I can charge this stupid thing... It in the freezer now so hopefully when it gets cold I can charge it above 40% so I can update and if that doesn't change anything I'm going back to 8.1 today...

When it is cold (and wet) enough, you will have to try hard to get 8.1 on it again... Btw: Don't you have a wall outlet in your freezer? :wink:

Tactik

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
So far everything on this build is working on my 1020. Cortana, bing, mail, calendar (with my corp email), etc...

Lock screen is much faster at opening now as well. Pretty happy with it.

Ahalim1

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I tried the update on my 521 from the last build that didn't require a downgrade to 8.1. It took about 3 hours to download, install, and actually update. The lock screen was a bit laggy afterwards so I just hit the power button to lock it and then hit it again so that I could enter in my pin (this worked on the previous build for me). I swiped up to to unlock and the screen still lagged and then froze completely. Hardware buttons would not work either although a reminder did go off (or at least the sound alert for it did). I had to remove the battery and replace it. Now, I can't even turn on the phone. It's like the battery does not exist. The battery was fully charged and I have tried plugging in the phone, leaving the battery out of the phone for an hour and then trying again (worked the last time this happened on my previous build) and so far, nothing. Besides buying a new phone, any tips? Anyone else have a similar problem?

Note: I'm still going through the back pages of this thread (currently on pg 5) so please don't yell if it's already been answered.

hoj1955

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Using a ATT branded 925. Started off with the 0x80070538 error. Had to roll back the 8.1 cyan before any of the updates would take. Went smooth from then on. After updating apps it looks like most all of the bugs are fixed on mine.

Lock screen smooth now. no hesitation.

Store scrolls smoothly now.

Played with the camera a little, didn't freeze or crash.

Groove music bug fixed when playing thru bluetooth in the car.

Still can't update glance.

Quick action updates, I can't change 1 and 3.

I'm liking it. Might try the 925 as a dd. I think MS real close to the final release.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

If you go into settings/Update and enable Developer mode and Developer Portal it enables you to connect from your PC into the phone via a web site and see the processes running inside the phone.

Look in there and see what is using the CPU...

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Last night updated my Lumia 640 from 10549.4. Big improvement, start screen comes up immediately, not after several minutes. Had many apps on SD, they all survived, I only applied a soft reset. Everything working smoothly, apart from the known storage problems. Love the maps to SD option. I think this will work for daily use!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes