Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I installed the new build on my girlfriends icon, heats up like crazy.. Seems fluid, her contact info is wonky. Battery drain is speculative will check on this after 2 charging cycles. She doesn't have living image anymore, however the shooter is snappier, colors on start screen pop more. Lost email account. We backed up to cloud.

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I installed the new build on my girlfriends icon, heats up like crazy.. Seems fluid, her contact info is wonky. Battery drain is speculative will check on this after 2 charging cycles. She doesn't have living image anymore, however the shooter is snappier, colors on start screen pop more. Lost email account. We backed up to cloud.
It seems a rap lyric

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
go to settings in the mail app. you have to reconfigure the options to do that. every update refreshes the mail app to default settings.

Never had to do that before. Thanks! Except I'm not finding the option to go back to my list of emails after I delete the email I just read. I see "Auto-open next item", but not "Return to list of emails after delete"

So, it works properly if I read emails from the email app, but it doesn't work properly if I select an email from the notification screen. I press the back arrow after selecting delete and it takes me back to the mail app. Is this WAI?

wtf808

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Groove still refuses to work reliably, Lumia 635. :( Songs wont play, dots keep scrolling across the screen. Kill app still wont play. Have to reboot phone.. :(

skhwoody2201

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Running on 1520 - this is starting to feel almost RTM, very snappy / quick - the reason I came to windows phone in the first place. Everything seems to run smoother and although hey Cortana opens up in settings, if I try to domesticate her, she can't hear (just like the wife).

I have only had one problem in that overnight the phone locked up, meaning my alarm didn't go off, meaning I was late into work.

Did a soft reset (maybe should have done that last night) and it has been running all day smoothly. I have even felt confident to show it off a little.

samirsga

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Try going into settings>system>display and change the slider for "Size of text, apps...." to the lowest and apply and restart. Now you should have 5 buttons in action center. Now try to change the "value" for the button you weren't able to (under settings>notifications and actions). If the new text size is too small for you now, you can change it back, but the quick action button should be ok now as you set it. This is a workaround that worked for me. Good luck

desaideas1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 1020 on 581, upgrade took about 45 minutes and with no hard reset the phone is operating better than it ever has (sans 8.1). Almost no resuming screen, apps are opening up quickly, Only a 4 second delay for camera (used to be 10-15). Not getting as many crashes in the setting menu (rotation lock on notification setting will crash it).

All in all, this seems to be a daily driver. I did a full charge last night and will report back on battery usage. I dare say this makes the inevitable delay of the 950XL slightly more bearable...

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I'm back with an update on my Lumia 920. Updating from build 10549 to 10581 I'm still happy to report that the "resuming" "loading" bug has not creeped up once since the installation. However battery life still seems pretty abysmal. I'm using a non-SIM 920 basically for reading articles on the Windows Central app and watched a few preloaded videos on MetroTube. I did some web browsing as well but I'd say I've used the phone for maybe 2 hours and my battery percentage is at 20% since 6:30AM and now 1:20PM. I think that's pretty terrible. But I think it's important to take into account how old the phone is as well so it may be hard to fairly gauge how good or bad the battery life is based on the OS or the hardware. What really good battery tracking apps would you guys recommend for a more in depth look that shows stats like "since last charge" and so forth?

yed19

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I am not too picky and have been using previous updates for my daily driver. This one feels pretty close to done. The storage thing needs to be fixed. I run it on a little 635 and it is keeping up just fine. Not as many crashed as the last one. I have not tried it, but I hope Groove works better with the Bluetooth car setup...

davebwi

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Please, could somebody upgrading from 10572 let us know if there is anything different here in this build? Apart from "seems faster". Thanks. For the record, I did read the blog post by Gabe.
It is definitely better on my Lumia 830... netflix now works again...the device Hub still broken, when you turn app notifications on then try to select apps , it turns off

TheKingTom

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
First of all I'm new here. Just registered. Love the site and the forums for years.

I'm so impressed with this build on my old 920. Every single thing works (except known bugs) perfectly and it's soooo fast. The best build till now.

I just got my 920 back after all those builds. Thank you MS!

I can recommend this build to everyone and the best thing is that I haven't reseted the device. Just upgraded and it works great.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 930, 10572 to 10581

Improvements:

+ Notification bar is very fast, have no lag at all. Very fast response.
+ Same for 6tag and Facebook.
+ Change from landscape to portrait mode or vice and versa are now very fast. More than 8.1.
+ Edge is super fast right now.
+ Multitask best than never, really fast.
+ Whole system is really fast and responsive. Looks like we are very close to a final version of W10M.

Bugs:

+ GPS have a little inconsistency, sometimes works, sometimes not and Waze is closing sometimes too.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
And who does this magic then?

That's what I said - no task view needed previously and memory freed instantly whenever I wanted.

Lol who does what? Suspending it (i.e. stopping processing and leaving memory untouched)?

"Instantly"? No, that needs work: respond to 1-N back presses with possibly N pages loading in the process of just closing an app.

You are nitpicking really, I understand getting used to something new is a problem for some. It took me months to stop the compulsive back pressing to close an app. Now that I learnt to just press home it works from a normal user point of view (I spent more time pressing back than using the phone) and from a software engineer point of view (I program for work + I read the documentation from MSDN on Apps lifecycles).

If you want to continue wasting your time, and battery, and fingers, and eyes on resuming screens, well keep on doing it :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs