Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

VetDuarte

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Do anyone have problems with Waze? Mine just won't work. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled and it's a no go.

Also, ANY hope for Microsoft including search and removing the 2 weeks limit in Calendar? How can they expect to sell this for professional use like that?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Thanks!
I changed the "zoom" ("Size of text, apps, and items on this display") under Settings -> System -> Display to 300% instead of 250% where I had it before.
Turns out that since Build 10549 they have changed it so that they prioritize that the Action center rows have the same number of icons - when I set it to use 300%, there are 16 icons (4 rows of 4), which allows the VPN toggle to be included. But when I set it to 225% or 250%, there are 15 icons (3 rows of 5), and it removes the VPN icon.

Mystery solved. I understand the thinking, but I wish that the excluded VPN icon would at least be included as an option to select for one of the 5 "quick action" slots.

okire

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Upgrading from 8.1 to 10 and it runs much smoother. Although the text is sometimes easier to read on 8.1 (bolder and/or larger).
However, I have an annoying issue. I keep on getting wifi notifications, is there some way to turn these of? It's not showing in the notification center settings.

Mohamed Elgamal

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
i have a wweird problem though since being on build 10572 and this build 10581. My Lumia 830 screen blinks or winks or flashes for a second every now and then.......its as if the screen is fluctuating......but just maybe one blink for a second and everything works again, no crashes, no reboot or restarts happen.......and there is nothing wrong with the screen am sure coz i had reverted back to 8.1 and the problem stopped for a week.....the moment i upgraded to 100581, it has started again. anyone else facing this problem??

Set the brightness to low or anything else instead of automatic

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
L1320. Couldn't 'upgrade' from previous version, had to roll back to 8.1. Yes, I know I'm on an 'older' device, but previous preview ran really well on. This one constantly freezes on the start screen. Can still operate using Bluetooth, which is strange! I have had to reset twice this evening. Also, as in last build, Cortana incredibly slow to read text messages and doesn't update flight info, news etc. It's fine after a reset for a few minutes then the expanding circles stop. Maybe it's a firmware issue, after all, I doubt these are device specific. Let's hope things improve further. In the meantime, back to the old faithful 8.1. Shame as I liked the way things are going.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
This is the first build I've considered using on a daily basis. I'm finding that I'm not getting notifications to my Band, though MS Health seems able to sync normally. This is on a 920.

When I got back to my desk from lunch, Cortana on my desktop (10576) had a notification of a missed call, and I figured out how to send a text from the desktop. This is getting better all the time.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So after using this build for a solid day now on my L830, I am starting to see the sluggishness return. Messaging and mail are constantly crashing. Messaging seems to have the most issues. Problems typing texts, the screen and keyboard seem to lose their place. Call blocking not working even though the number shows blocked. Sometimes no alerts to messages. Sigh.

Petru Moldovan

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Stop complaining about Here and Lumia apps because these are obsolete, just give feedback about Camera and Maps and stuff like these which are core products and will be there in the final product.

I am very sad because I cannot provide myself feedback because my old l820 was stolen and I cannot install these builds on my new BLU HD LTE. I am also sad that I am not able to buy a new 950XL with a docking station until net year (because I want the hardware service available in my country and I think I don't need this new device without a docking station providing Continuum to old monitors). But this maybe needs a new thread.

Last edited:

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Upgrading from 8.1 to 10 and it runs much smoother. Although the text is sometimes easier to read on 8.1 (bolder and/or larger).
However, I have an annoying issue. I keep on getting wifi notifications, is there some way to turn these of? It's not showing in the notification center settings.
While you are doing initial setup, there is a screen where it asks you some setting options. One of those is to prompts me to connect to available Wifi networks. If this is kept checked (ON), it happens like you said. If you are able to restore your phone and start again, that would be one option. Otherwise 8.1 had that option to set under Settings > Network & Sim > Wifi Settings > Manage.

BetaRelease

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Major issue upgrading on my 640XL. My home screen tiles are bleeding into each other. My app listing screen is unusable. Anyone got any clues. If not, I'll revert to 8.1 and start over.wp_ss_20151029_0003 [2848389].png
wp_ss_20151029_0004 [2848388].png

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
So after using this build for a solid day now on my L830, I am starting to see the sluggishness return. Messaging and mail are constantly crashing. Messaging seems to have the most issues. Problems typing texts, the screen and keyboard seem to lose their place. Call blocking not working even though the number shows blocked. Sometimes no alerts to messages. Sigh.
Thanks for sharing this. I also have a L830 but really need basic things like mail, messaging, and phone to work without fail. Guess I'll stay on 8.1 longer. MS really needs to get their **** together rapidly!

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Major issue upgrading on my 640XL. My home screen tiles are bleeding into each other. My app listing screen is unusable. Anyone got any clues. If not, I'll revert to 8.1 and start over.View attachment 115524
View attachment 115525

You may end up with a corrupted Start experience. The workaround is to swipe down from the top to bring up Action Center (which won’t be corrupted) then Settings > Personalization > Start and apply a different background picture or set to none.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Lol who does what? Suspending it (i.e. stopping processing and leaving memory untouched)?

Who manages resources, decides and handles app suspension, instructs apps to free up memory "if and when it is needed"? Who does this if it is "not a task for the OS"? Especially when you claim that the user does not have to take care of the environment beeing filled up with garbage. But it does not seem that the OS knows better than me, which apps I am using and which ones I just open to look something up, it will simply close the oldest one if it runs out of resources. This can be really annoying and happens all too often if you are heavily using the device, even on the 1520 with 2 GB. Showing the OS which apps are not needed anymore just helps it to close the right ones.

"Instantly"? No, that needs work: respond to 1-N back presses with possibly N pages loading in the process of just closing an app.

You are nitpicking really, I understand getting used to something new is a problem for some. It took me months to stop the compulsive back pressing to close an app. Now that I learnt to just press home it works from a normal user point of view (I spent more time pressing back than using the phone)

I agree on the 1-N back statement, although it depends on the app. However, a convenient method to close an app is missing, when you still got the convenient method to keep the app open pressing the home key, which I also use where needed. The false statement from another guy about the shortened time to bring up task view made me hope, but I could of course imagine better ways than using the back button. Just have a look at tablet mode on the PC. I really have no problem to learn something new, but it should make sense. Current behavior on mobile just looks messed up.

I program for work + I read the documentation from MSDN on Apps lifecycles

In a team?

If you want to continue wasting your time, and battery, and fingers, and eyes on resuming screens, well keep on doing it :)

I did not even start it. Seriously, with the exception of the start screen on the 820 just hanging after boot, I do not understand all the complaints about loading/resuming screens, also from earlier W10M builds, how does it come to your mind? ;) And I was always happy with performance and battery life, do not even need a battery pack for a heavy day of geocaching! I am not complaining about anything else than a step back in usability.

stephanejap

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Certainly a great improvement on battery life (L830 lasted through the day today, and still at 80% or so). Animations are very smooth and fluid. Glad to see Motion Data and Glance Screen back to their full glory! Also Hey Cortana is back but like Daniel, it does not work on my 1520, just does not hear me. Works great on my 930 though. Overall, you can begin to see the finished OS with this build...

besweeet

May 16, 2014
Visit site
After installing build 10581 (from the latest release version of 8.1), typing fast on the keyboard is nearly impossible. It's almost as though it's lagging a bit, to where it thinks you're dragging your finger to other keys, even though I'm lifting (do you guys even lift???). I thought it was because of the word selection bar (which you apparently can't disable without disabling basic autocorrect features), but turning it off didn't help at all.

Also, you can't slide from the bottom to hide/display the navigation bar anymore... This was extremely useful for video apps that don't automatically hide it.

Aside from some missing app icons and a compressed screenshot when switching from the app switcher and back into an app, everything seems pretty nice.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks!
I changed the "zoom" ("Size of text, apps, and items on this display") under Settings -> System -> Display to 300% instead of 250% where I had it before.
Turns out that since Build 10549 they have changed it so that they prioritize that the Action center rows have the same number of icons - when I set it to use 300%, there are 16 icons (4 rows of 4), which allows the VPN toggle to be included. But when I set it to 225% or 250%, there are 15 icons (3 rows of 5), and it removes the VPN icon.

Mystery solved. I understand the thinking, but I wish that the excluded VPN icon would at least be included as an option to select for one of the 5 "quick action" slots.

Nice find! As 250% is standard on the 1520, it defaults to the 15 icons and I am also missing VPN. Although it looks far better now (defragmented :)), I also would like to have the choice of selecting it as one of the 5 buttons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans