Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

abduz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues of not being able to create app folders on the start screen? Drag and drop isnt working for me but it used to before

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the navigation bar does not go away when swiping up from the bottom on some of the apps?
Had this on the previous build but was expecting it to be taken care in the current build.

It seems to only be for WP8 apps. I'm guessing because they didn't draw properly when a phone has a swipe to hide navbar, so in this build MS are reporting the full size of the screen as actual size minus navbar to get around the problem. UWP apps still let you swipe to hide.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is also looking good so far. I'm really liking the consistency of the UI and overall stability so far. Most impressive so far was the way I could pick up and go as soon as the install was done. No 20 updating apps in the store trying to restore themselves, no quirks that required a hard reset, nothing. I just installed and was off to the races.

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Reinstalled on 1520. Things are pretty nice but a few noticeable problems that seem to be ubiquitous throughout my Windows Phones:

1. Groove Music eats battery alive. Even when inactive, it still showed up to 80% battery usage in the foreground. Messaging used to do this but that seems to have been fixed mostly since last build.

2. There's a massive delay in Messaging from when you send the message to when it actually sends. Sometimes the app even crashes.

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I have an AT&T Lumia 830, upgraded from Windows 8.1 real Denim without ever having had a prior build installed. I did not hard reset after the upgrade.

Good stuff
* Performance is good. I think it's generally on par with W8.1. Maybe even better.
* Battery life is hard to judge so far. I don't think it's terrible, but I'm not sure yet how it compares to W8.1. If I had to guess, I'd say it's 75%-100% of W8.1's battery life.
* No crashiness.

Problems:
* Phone locked up completely in an app on first boot. Rebooted and it's been fine since.
* Motion data doesn't collect data. I have the "Motion" setting, and it appears to be set correctly. I don't see the Motion Data store download failure others are describing. It doesn't track steps at all. (Using Fitbit to track steps, and it does show up in Motion settings). This worked with Fitbit on Windows 8.1.
* I get the basic Glance screen that just has the time and tiny icons. I don't get full Glance with weather. Using Amazing Weather HD for Glance. The settings work and tell me my current background application doesn't work with Glance, but doesn't list any apps that do work. I don't see the Glance store download failure others are seeing.
* Wunderlist doesn't have a working live tile. (Known issue on their end).
* Some pinned mobile site icons are generic Edge icons.
* When I go back from a conversation in messages to the main screen, there's no animation.
* I periodically get a half second black screen when viewing the home screen. It looks like maybe the home screen is crashing and coming back?
* Groove Music sometimes (always?) doesn't autoplay over Bluetooth in my car. On the upside, I haven't (yet) noticed the frequent Bluetooth skips or dropouts in my car that I had with W8.1.
* Can't pin a battery tile with percentage to the home screen.

Other Issues
* Though I got used to the lock screen slide up, I don't like it. It doesn't give you any indication of what to do to unlock the phone. It also isn't consistent with how Windows 10 desktop works.
* Agree with other people that the Outlook Calendar live tile needs to cycle through all of that day's events. All Day events monopolize the tile and lock screen, at the expense of timed events on the same day.
* I don't like the hamburgerized menus in apps, but understand why they're there.
* The old Bing News app was WAY, WAY better.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys is there a way to REMOVE the vibration on the capacitive buttons? I cannot find the option anymore on the Settings... Did MS remove it?

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Start screen has frozen on this build once so far. Was becoming an increasing problem with the previous build. I'm really liking having some speed back with the system. But storage isn't working properly. It will only show my card and the options are blank/empty. I have no room to download a new language as I wanted to see if I had Cortana in my region. Australia.
Nokia 1320

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Start screen has frozen on this build once so far. Was becoming an increasing problem with the previous build. I'm really liking having some speed back with the system. But storage isn't working properly. It will only show my card and the options are blank/empty. I have no room to download a new language as I wanted to see if I had Cortana in my region. Australia.
Nokia 1320

We have the same device and problems, hopefully all of them will be on next build. Lumia 1320

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks!
I changed the "zoom" ("Size of text, apps, and items on this display") under Settings -> System -> Display to 300% instead of 250% where I had it before.
Turns out that since Build 10549 they have changed it so that they prioritize that the Action center rows have the same number of icons - when I set it to use 300%, there are 16 icons (4 rows of 4), which allows the VPN toggle to be included. But when I set it to 225% or 250%, there are 15 icons (3 rows of 5), and it removes the VPN icon.

Mystery solved. I understand the thinking, but I wish that the excluded VPN icon would at least be included as an option to select for one of the 5 "quick action" slots.

Nice find! As 250% is standard on the 1520, it defaults to the 15 icons and I am also missing VPN. Although it looks far better now (defragmented :)), I also would like to have the choice of selecting it as one of the 5 buttons.

This seems more like a bug than anything. Report it.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20151030_0003.png
wp_ss_20151030_0004.png
wp_ss_20151030_0005.png
wp_ss_20151030_0006.png

Instead of writing my problems here, I'll just leave screenshots of all the feedback I've sent to Microsoft in this build. Feel free to upvote :)

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having issues of not being able to create app folders on the start screen? Drag and drop isnt working for me but it used to before

Ditto.

Weird thing is that I have a single "left over" app folder and that one still works. If it try to create a new one, it will "kick out" the app off the folder (would be). Had this issue even before 10536 and it's still here.

alfredyeap

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
920. Upgraded from 8.1 to 10581.4.
Whole process took around 2 hours (10Mbps wifi connection), smooth upgrade without any issue.

I have been using it for more than 1 day only.
I did a soft reset after all apps have been updated. There are lots of apps needing updates right after the installation. Store works, but I see some lag.

- It is very smooth, usable and fairly stable
- battery life is as good as 8.1 (remember I only used it for 1 day)
- most apps work fine, except MItracker Beta. I think it is either the app is not compatible or Bluetooth is not working well? I cannot figure that one out. Reinstall of the app does not help.
- Camera works after update in App Store. Initially launching the camera gave me a green screen with nothing else.
- Camera captures good quality pictures.
- Camera captures good video, but playing back the video has some lag, keep jumping from frame to frame sometimes

- Notification + Action - I cannot change the default 4 quick toggles, trying to change any one of them crashes the screen
- Recent Photos app update crashes when trying to view FOLDER
- Data Sense works now
- Battery Saver still does not show time since last charge. I wish MS will add it back (8.1 has it)
- Message + Skype works, no see any slowness/lag
- Launching the camera from lock screen sometimes will see it on half of the screen and it will suddenly jump into full screen
- Camera launches fairly fast, but I miss the press to take photo feature. Now pressing it is to focus on that area.

- Background apps control is decent, still missing some apps in the listing
- All Office apps work fine
- I am happy with this build. I think the next one will be very close to RTM ready.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Besides the storage issue, and the glance update error, it runs pretty well. Can't believe they didn't fix the glance issue.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
920. Upgraded from 8.1 to 10581.4.
Whole process took around 2 hours (10Mbps wifi connection), smooth upgrade without any issue.

I have been using it for more than 1 day only.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Background apps control is decent, still missing some apps in the listing
- All Office apps work fine
- I am happy with this build. I think the next one will be very close to RTM ready.
Can you set assign ringtones to your contacts? If I try to do that on my Lumia 920 it asks if I want to search the store for an app for that.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
640XL dual sim here. I have none of the problems others have with folders, glance or quiet hours. Only thing I see at the moment is a stuck motion data app update that never updates. Except this and the problems listed in the blog post everything works nicely. Overall a little faster than previous build. Feels like a new phone compared to two builds ago.

Last edited:

alfredyeap

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Can you set assign ringtones to your contacts? If I try to do that on my Lumia 920 it asks if I want to search the store for an app for that.

Same here. It says I need to search for app in order to assign ringtone to specific contact(s). Weird.
In short, I can't assign ringtone to a contact.

slimchap

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
you all might not believe this.... I'm running build 10581 on my Lumia 520 and it runs as smooth as Windows Phone 8 did and without lag... yet.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have no issue assigning a ringtone or SMS tone to my contacts.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20151031_0001.png
    wp_ss_20151031_0001.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb