Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys is there a way to REMOVE the vibration on the capacitive buttons? I cannot find the option anymore on the Settings... Did MS remove it?

It's still there. On my device, not sure if yours will be the same, you go to Settings > Extras > touch > Navigation bar toggle on/off.

jason hendry1

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
apart from motion still showing and failing in the app store all the time and my program menu doubling some of my apps but making the double transparent and in a motion of permanent pending, windows 10581 is pretty awesome. I'm loving the speed, the extra small changes like getting my weekly calendar view back and those kinda things that help navigation feel more streamlined. I love this build and feel that its pretty close to being final. Defo worth installing on a Lumia 930 for sure.

ps: the default video camera mode when using the camera buton to access camera still doesn't work, I have to not use the build in camera mode for video and instead I'm stuck with using the tiled camera app of old. Hope it gets sorted.

akifreestyle7

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 720 user
Installed the update there was an additional update after the 10581. anyways here's what I think about this build (yes I did a hard reset)
things are working fine feels better than the old builds I am using this one on my daily driver even though it is still comparatively slower than windows phone8.1 (maybe cause of 512mb)but yet this build is very much usable
APPS:
- Cortana doesn't work all that well she just gives information about news interests but when you try asking a question it closes

- Groove is full of glitch, it show the name of the song which is next and plays the current song the app quits by itself at random times
play pause button that shows up on the lock screen also doesn't work and its very slow

- Photos app crashes when you try swiping to the folders option

- Call and peoples app doesn't open without a loading screen which is annoying cause calling is the most basic thing you do with a phone and it should be fast and fluid

- In the storage app it isn't showing phone storage, and for some reason the language is mandarin or at times some coding language

- I feel that the downloading of apps in the store is slow even with the fastest WIFI

- There is no insiders hub

rest all works well

LOCK SCREEN :
- I like the new lock screen transition and animation looks better than the old one
- It still at times doesn't show the clock on the lock screen (very rare though)

START SCREEN:
The only problem I have with the start screen is that the background image still does not scale out properly. the image shifts to complete right when you have it as a full screen picture but when its on tile picture its fine.

All said and done this builds seems to be very close to the final build with some minor bug fixes it should be good to go :D

Aldrich Uyliong

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Reporting back after 24hr of use. Battery life is the same as in the 10572. Actually 10572 was a little better for me (or seemed to hold on to a percent a little bet longer. Still worlds away from builds older than 10572 though. Sweet.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Quick question or perhaps just an observation but, for this build, if you go to Settings > About it lists Windows 10 Mobile.

In earlier builds did it say technical preview or something like that? If so, surely the name change near enough confirms RTM status?

Many thanks.

cleverclogs

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit miffed, Upgraded from 1049x to 10581 and can't send any MMS. Reset / recreated APNs and still nothing (data is fine).
Reset to 8.1 and straight to 10581 and still no luck.
Now doing a hard reset on 10581 to see what happens, but at this rate I'll be going all the way back to 8.1

Oh and my phone went for repair, came back and now the camera button doesn't half-depress, so focus/snap happens all in one and in Lumia Camera, it takes a photo and then keeps taking them :'(

Luke Beales

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
From 10572 and 10581 my lumia 720 is running great. Only one urgent problem i think. The freeze screen. I have restart several times using power+volume because this problem. Any of you got this problem? Or just some device

I have two 720's running 10572 and one has that freezing bug. I have found that if I keep the number of running apps down to 1 or two that keeps it alive. My guess was the low amount of ram.

Varm

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
OMG !! OMG !!! I can't believe that my LUMIA 520 runs smooth and super fast than ever with this Build 10581. I can't believe also my unit has only 512MB RAM can run super fast on Windows 10 build 10581. There are no more Black Screen, Loading, Resuming long wait issues, battery life issues, crashing Apps and Games. I want to thank GABE AUL and his Teams for this Build 10581 definetely AWESOME !!! One more thing, We Suggest to have CORTANA available in the philippines because I'm from the philippines and currently using region of UNITED STATES. Thank you and we are getting near, almost near to get the finish line.

cleverclogs

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit miffed, Upgraded from 1049x to 10581 and can't send any MMS. Reset / recreated APNs and still nothing (data is fine).
Reset to 8.1 and straight to 10581 and still no luck.
Now doing a hard reset on 10581 to see what happens, but at this rate I'll be going all the way back to 8.1

Oh and my phone went for repair, came back and now the camera button doesn't half-depress, so focus/snap happens all in one and in Lumia Camera, it takes a photo and then keeps taking them :'(

Success. Full hard reset on 581 has enabled the additional APN settings that weren't there following the upgrade. So, I now have MMS working again. FFS.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I just am being told there's another entire update. Using an HTC One and it's almost done loading. Saw the gears for about 5 minutes, updated 23 things and now the phone is back. The only thing I looked at before signing off was storage. Shows my storage card data usage but not the phones usage. Chinese characters are all gone. Going to bed though...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium