Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Amit020783

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Guys I updated for the first time from 8.1 to the new build 10581. After the upgrade I am unable to access the default browser on my 1520

Any help on this will be highly appreciated

Regards,
Amit

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
This seems more like a bug than anything. Report it.

Equal number of buttons per row in the action center could be intended as it "looks more polished". I would like other buttons I never use to be kicked out first. But at least all the actions should be selectable as on of the main buttons, therefore I reported it.

Aldrich Uyliong

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I found a bug with the all apps list on the right of the start screen: When exiting an app back to the all apps list, the dark shade-like filter is not there anymore. The only time it comes back is when you go back to the start screen and swipe left again to bring the all apps list back.

Aldrich Uyliong

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Equal number of buttons per row in the action center could be intended as it "looks more polished". I would like other buttons I never use to be kicked out first. But at least all the actions should be selectable as on of the main buttons, therefore I reported it.

I wish they'd been braver with the action center buttons and went for a Piet Mondrian style asymmetrical grid.

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I have two 720's running 10572 and one has that freezing bug. I have found that if I keep the number of running apps down to 1 or two that keeps it alive. My guess was the low amount of ram.
Hmm maybe.. But on me, i got it the most when play around photos, message, people, and got multiple notification. I guess ram not the most reason, because my music still play when screen freeze, my motif sound works also. But i still like 2 last build, stable enough even for my 512 device :)

okire

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Although I don't really mind getting the notification, I do not like it when it both vibrates and makes sound. I would like to keep it quiet. This setting I cannot find.

Aldrich Uyliong

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Wish for RTM: Live Photo support for the Live Tile of the Photos app. Imagine seeing your Live Photo come to life as it gets highlighted by the Photos app live tile. Imagine seeing the same with a Camera taken video. That'd be awesome. Please make it happen Microsoft.

Rayno20

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys.

I have few questions.

1. Store isnt live tile, in settings live is turn on, is that normal? On w8 was live

2. All my pictures are on one drive and i can't found one drive when i want to send picture from whatshapp. ( I think i red somewhere that it will be posible from one drive send pictures via whatshapp )

3. Where is storege sense? When i enter it i only see "save locations" which i can choose for my apps, downloads... I cant see free space on my phone or i don't know where to see it on w10

4. I cant set google as default in edge, i go settings, advanced settings but there is only bing and i can't remove it or set google, google isnt there and i cant add google by myself.

muhammedhyas

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
After installing the new build, I can't install any foreign keyboards (i.e. Japanese, Turkish etc).. All are failed in the midway. Only English is supported. Anyone knows the workaround?

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
There, as far as I know, hasn't been any official statement on whether they changed the lock screen behaviour.

I don't remember also anything official announcement about that but they did change the lockscreen behaviour for some reason. Its definitely not a bug but for I don't like it either, it's feels disjoint. I love the revealing window-shade-like Lockscreen before, it feels the lockscreen really unlocks the device as it actually covers the content. Also the ability to peek what's underneath is a nice touch and quite useful maybe to some. Lastly it feels more natural as whole lockscreen follows the finger.

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
1. Store isnt live tile, in settings live is turn on, is that normal? On w8 was live
Store Live Tile is really live on W10M. Maybe its a bug, it works mine but I'm still at Build 10572. Check the Store settings in the Hamburger menu, maybe its turned off.

2. All my pictures are on one drive and i can't found one drive when i want to send picture from whatshapp. ( I think i red somewhere that it will be posible from one drive send pictures via whatshapp )
Unfortunately I can't able to answer this. I'm not using Whatsapp. I hope others can help you. I think this is another bug or maybe missed functionality that they didn't implement.

3. Where is storege sense? When i enter it i only see "save locations" which i can choose for my apps, downloads... I cant see free space on my phone or i don't know where to see it on w10
Storage Sense in W10M is simple called Storage, no more branding or anything. It usually refresh first before you even see how much space you have, but it should always show. Try show us the screenshot.

4. I cant set google as default in edge, i go settings, advanced settings but there is only bing and i can't remove it or set google, google isnt there and i cant add google by myself.
Well unfortunately the new method of changing search engine is hit-and-miss. I didn't manage to change on mine but others did, you have to visit the website using the desktop Edge on latest Insider Build with search engine on it (like Google, Wikipedia, YouTube), then after a while go to the Edge settings on your phone and the new search engine should come up. Normally we can change it on our phones, somehow it doesn't always work.

In short its a bug issue. Please submit a bug feedback on Feedback app.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
After installing the new build, I can't install any foreign keyboards (i.e. Japanese, Turkish etc).. All are failed in the midway. Only English is supported. Anyone knows the workaround?

Keep trying. Hitting retry. It's a nagging bug. I found that having a VERY STRONG WiFi signal works after a few tries. The other option is 8.1 rollback install all languages/keyboards/glance screen/lumia camera system apps etc. Do a backup and install 10581

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999