Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
You have to use the recovery tool for it; upgrading to Windows 10 mobile removes the factory partition containing the stock image. Bear in mind this will erase all data on the device though, so be sure before you click "go" that there's nothing on there that you need to keep around.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is also my guess. I have the RM-937_eu_euro2_211, is that different from yours? Firmware is 02540.00019.15234.50004.

I initially had Euro1 (specifically, EE/previously Orange here in the UK). I force flashed firmware 02540.00019.15235.40005 to enable the Denim update on 8.1, as the old firmware (02540.00019.14522.26004) was no longer supported by the carrier and (even though I use a different network, three), the phone would refuse to update past lumia cyan.

Hardware revision is 5.0.0.1, indicating a 1520.3 model.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have, from the start, even when I had Nokia Symbian phones have been using auto settings. So it is not what bothered me.

Anyway, I do not have any such settings in extras. There is a sunlight readability, auto brightness on/off and colour profile. You can not modify 'brightness profile' on Lumia 920 or any other Windows Phone that I know.

As I said in my initial post, it's no longer an option in Windows Phone 10. The option was there for me on my 1520.3 running Windows Phone 8.1 with both the Cyan and Denim firmwares installed.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to change white background to black with white text when using the native browser on the new build?

Yes, but not individually for Edge anymore. in Settings > personalisation > colours, if you change your mode from Dark to Light, it changes edge. Unfortunately it changes all the other UI elements as well, and at least on my phone, makes the status bar unreadable.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Hardware revision is 5.0.0.1, indicating a 1520.3 model.

Same here.

As I said in my initial post, it's no longer an option in Windows Phone 10. The option was there for me on my 1520.3 running Windows Phone 8.1 with both the Cyan and Denim firmwares installed.

I still have those options under extras on my 1520. Last hard reset was with 10572, I did not do a restore.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Same here.

I still have those options under extras on my 1520. Last hard reset was with 10572, I did not do a restore.

You still have the option to modify brightness profiles? Or only the options that Sarveshwar has? I haven't had nearly as much configurability since upgrading to Windows 10. On windows 8.1 with denim I could change the intensity of each individual brightness profile as well as set a ceiling and floor brightness when set to "auto". I haven't got that anymore.

I did that still white background/dark text at least on edge.

Sorry, I mis-read your question. If you want Edge with dark background (with white text) you need to set Settings > personalisation > Colours > choose mode dark. As I said though, it affects every part of the operating system, not just edge, so it may not be worth it depending on how readable your apps list and status bar is.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I agree with every single word. The new unlocking animation does not seem to be a bug as it persisted for some builds now, starting with the transparent pin keypad. But it looks kind of buggy as only the text moves up first and the background fades out afterwards. This destroys the imitation of a curtain or shutter in front of the content and also results in a longer animation.

I have a feeling you'll see the animation you like return.

The lock screen was incredibly buggy and I think this current animation is part of their investigation/troublshooting.

I could be wrong...it's just a "gut" feeling.

Personally, I don't care either way. As long as whatever they do is smooth and quick, I'm happy. As it stands now, I still find unlocking too slow on my 830.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
You still have the option to modify brightness profiles? Or only the options that Sarveshwar has? I haven't had nearly as much configurability since upgrading to Windows 10. On windows 8.1 with denim I could change the intensity of each individual brightness profile as well as set a ceiling and floor brightness when set to "auto". I haven't got that anymore.

Yes, I still have all of those in display under extras: Adjust brightness profiles (sliders for low, mid, high, auto), adjust color profile and sunlight readability (assertive display).

Do you have Battery Saver enabled? They turn off when it is enabled. Try turning it off (if it's on) or try toggling it on then off to see if it fixes them.

And I also still can turn this off. :)

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a feeling you'll see the animation you like return.

The lock screen was incredibly buggy and I think this current animation is part of their investigation/troublshooting.

Would be nice. Also there is no sign of this on the desktop, and why should they change it to be different?

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I still have all of those in display under extras: Adjust brightness profiles (sliders for low, mid, high, auto), adjust color profile and sunlight readability (assertive display).

And I also still can turn this off. :)

I have none of those options any more. While I still have access to extras > display, selecting "brightness profile" only lets me have a slider to modify my current brightness; I can no longer select the profiles to change them individually.

I also have no options there to modify the capacitive button lights, though I can't remember if that option was there before.

Also, to add to our previous discussion, my full build is RM-937_eu_euro1_231

Edit:
I may revert to Windows 8.1 later by flashing your firmware build onto my phone and attempting the upgrade from there. Wish me luck!

Your access to the features I most liked about windows 8.1 has made me jealous.

Last edited:

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
The last three builds have been a disaster for me..On my L1520 I ran earlier builds as my DD but since the one where you had to roll back to 8.1 it has been nothing but a waste of time.. the battery dies for no reason. It runs hot.. and half the apps refuse to work... Yes, it was much faster than earlier builds but something got bonked and it made me go back to 8.1 after using the earlier betas for months as my DD... I guess at this point I'll just wait for the final... it's been great being able to test the new os.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs