Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I also have no options there to modify the capacitive button lights, though I can't remember if that option was there before.

This is connected to the display dimming during energy saving.

When did you last do a hard reset? Well, I would not recommend it with this build of course as you know you will loose your SD card options. But maybe you should do one when the fixed build is out.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is connected to the display dimming during energy saving.

When did you last do a hard reset? Well, I would not recommend it with this build of course as you know you will loose your SD card options. But maybe you should do one when the fixed build is out.

I added a little extra to my last post about what I may do from here on out, as it is a little annoying that I'm missing some features unnecessarily.

I reverted to stock 8.1 (RM937_02540.00019.15235.40005), and then updated to 10572 when it was released. I had reverted previously to this in order to escape the crippling battery drain the builds before it experienced. I upgraded from 10572 to 10581 directly, though I haven't performed a hard reset. I didn't restore any backups during setup.

Edit: Out of curiosity, is your phone originally from Vodafone? The only build I can find (at least with your build number in the UK) seems to be tailored for Vodafone. I have no doubts it would physically work on my handset, but it'd be nice to know I'm flashing the right one.

Edit2: I've found your build; it appears to be a German model handset you have. Perhaps this accounts for some of the differences we're experiencing? Functionally our phones should be identical.

Last edited:

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Edit: Out of curiosity, is your phone originally from Vodafone? The only build I can find (at least with your build number in the UK) seems to be tailored for Vodafone. I have no doubts it would physically work on my handset, but it'd be nice to know I'm flashing the right one.

Nope, CV carrier free (000-DE). I got this firmware just some builds ago through WDRT when restoring WP8.1.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Got it on my 1520. Its the first build I actually kept on the 1520 for more than a few hours. Everything works, altho there is a weirdness when you go to send a text message you have to hit back arrow once to get the text field to come up. OneNote crashed a few times but has since stopped. I now think my pre-orderd 950 XL will be just fine :)

FWIW -- went from 8.1 to the newest build 10581 with no hard reset. No problems whatsoever, everyhint worked aside of the minor bugs I have noted.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nope, CV carrier free (000-DE). I got this firmware just some builds ago through WDRT when restoring WP8.1.

Sorry, I had found it already and ninja-edited my post a second time :)

I'm downloading a few carrier variant builds and will try them all out to find the one with the best features/compatibility. What a way to spend a weekend!

I'm currently using the CV (000-GB) on this phone, though it seems the GB version has a slightly higher firmware revision for some reason.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Btw. I reverted to 8.1, did hard reset, uninstalled all uninstallable apps, upgraded to 10572, did hard reset, uninstalled all lumia apps and the bloatware before the store updated it and there I was. Got 10581 now if course, 10572 not available anymore. But maybe it works without hard resetting 10 now.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Got it on my 1520. Its the first build I actually kept on the 1520 for more than a few hours. Everything works, altho there is a weirdness when you go to send a text message you have to hit back arrow once to get the text field to come up. OneNote crashed a few times but has since stopped. I now think my pre-orderd 950 XL will be just fine :)

FWIW -- went from 8.1 to the newest build 10581 with no hard reset. No problems whatsoever, everyhint worked aside of the minor bugs I have noted.

Good to hear. Did you try 10572 as well? I upgraded from 8.1 to 10572 and had much the same kind of overall-good experience you had, but when upgrading from 10572 to 10581 I've noticed a few issues. Maybe reverting to 8.1 and upgrading to 10581 directly might help.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Btw. I reverted to 8.1, did hard reset, uninstalled all uninstallable apps, upgraded to 10572, did hard reset, uninstalled all lumia apps and the bloatware before the store updated it and there I was. Got 10581 now if course, 10572 not available anymore. But maybe it works without hard resetting 10 now.

Perhaps my problem was that I let all the lumia apps update before upgrading, and did not hard reset before jumping to 10581. Either way, I'm hoping I can get those bits working this weekend, would be nice to not think I'm losing something by upgrading (as presumably whatever process fixes them for this build *should* fix them for retail, in case retail doesn't ship with these features natively).

Btw. I am outdoors right now hand stressing the phone. Will report on stability later! :)

Ah, I'll cut down on my excessive commentary then :)

I've downloaded a few builds now (including your CV-DE build), and will follow the steps you provided to get up to 10582. I'm not too concerned about my SD card settings for now as I can just manually move my data over at a later date if needed. Wish me luck!

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Good to hear. Did you try 10572 as well? I upgraded from 8.1 to 10572 and had much the same kind of overall-good experience you had, but when upgrading from 10572 to 10581 I've noticed a few issues. Maybe reverting to 8.1 and upgrading to 10581 directly might help.

No, I haven't tried a preview since whatever was in fashion in mid-September. That build sucked so much even after a hard reset I said No More until RTM. I changed my mind cause this build got stellar reviews... I probably won't do another update as I sense RTM is a month away if that.

Scouseman

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Edge is way better than the last build. Battery life is fine.
I agree. I've hated Edge on WM 10. There also seems to be a new thing with the menu at the bottom right. When you touch it to display the options, it shows the hub menu with favorites, history etc. That wasn't the case in the last build.

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
24 hours and not a single SMS has been restored. I understand this issue started back during the last build. I've changed every possible setting, and it won't get anything past a few in 2013. I even recovered back to 8.1 to make sure all my texts were there, and it populated years of texts within a few hours. Anyone figure out how to get SMS to restore fully on an ICON?

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it is possible to scroll through the last photos or open the Photos app. Is nearly the same as Lumia Camera now, just integrated better into the OS. But the performance is not yet perfect: Like with the previous build it happened after only 2 photos in a row with 5 sec. between that the Camera would not stop showing "saving..." even though they were already available in the Photos app. Closing Camera would not help, only when I rebooted 5 minutes later.

Rahul Jawale

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
1. Close to 24 since the phone was last charged. Battery is just above 85%. Yay! That is big gain.
2. Switching between apps is back to 8.1 levels (fast).
3. Edge browser cold start has been improved. Pages load fine and faster than before.
4. I have Lumia 820 which has only 8GB onboard memory. I had to remove a lot of apps to make space for this update. Surprisingly, Windows was able to determine apps that I removed prior to upgrade. Post upgrade, all my apps were restored back.
5. Cortana has not been enabled for Indian English. Don't want to switch to US.
6. Storage option in settings menu has lost the ability to determine free space on on-board memory. I can only see MicroSD card listed. Storage options has been revamped and looks intuitive and interesting. Can say lives up to Windows Mobile standards.

Will post more as I continue to explore.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

AaronMark017

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
same thing happened to me...did factory reset and had backup from earlier date...say instead of 29 Oct, took the back up of 15 oct, and it worked for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel