Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I do! What I can report so far is that the device gets quite warm while taking photos with Microsoft Camera. Also it shows the saving message with the 2nd picture already.

I have discovered a few interesting facts.

Firstly, the brightness configuration setting WAS still there - it only shows you one brightness level if you have the phones brightness level set to Auto. :grin: shame on me for deciding just to pull the plug before checking the most basic of things, eh? :)
I'm glad all it took for me to figure that one out was reflashing my phone to a german rom. Hah!

Speaking of which, the extra space taken up by EN-GB language pack, keyboards, dictionaries etc on top of the German ones that can't be removed, means I've decided to re-re-flash my 8.1 CV-GB build. It's only another 1GB (out of 32GB of onboard flash) difference, but I'd still rather have it for apps/games/etc instead of system files I can't use/have no use of.
So I'm going to re-re-flash to 02540.00019.15235.40005 and do the steps you outlined.

At the very least it means I've reduced the likelihood of my upgrade from 8.1>10572>10581 from having any funky bugs, it's about as clean as it'll get going from 8.1 to latest build. I'll just need to remember to set my storage settings first.

Cheers!

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Equal number of buttons per row in the action center could be intended as it "looks more polished". I would like other buttons I never use to be kicked out first. But at least all the actions should be selectable as on of the main buttons, therefore I reported it.

Yes, that's what I meant when I said to report it.

Also, battery life actually seems just slightly worse in this build compared to 10572 and others.

Is anyone having problems with the native DLNA casting system? I can cast using Tubecast or the old Luma Play To because those use their own interface for it, but the native casting system doesn't work, so I can't use Movies & TV to cast anything. Am I the only one?

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
...There also seems to be a new thing with the menu at the bottom right. When you touch it to display the options, it shows the hub menu with favorites, history etc. That wasn't the case in the last build.

Yep, it was there a build or two ago. Was for me, anyway...I commented on it. Nice change too.

Anyway, things are still great on my 830 with this build. I did a hard-reset after 24 hours or so just because I wanted to, not because I had to.

Performance is great and much improved. Battery life normal.

My only real issues are:

1) The store: Still buggy and slow. They've come a long way, but still have some work to do.

2) Still getting that "outlook account settings out of date" message from time-to-time.

Of course, still the minor bugs and issues everyone else has already commented on. Overall, they're damn close.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 930. Work`s fine.

Have you tried your camera?

Last build (572) my outdoor shots had highlights blown out and video/rich capture were broken.

In all other respects I loved the build and have 581 on my Lumia 635 - and that works almost as smoothly as what I would expect from the upcoming RTM. Video works; and I can shoot rich capture - but there is still no editing for it yet (video is more important though to me)

If you are having better luck on this build I might take the plunge again..

BGASH

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Could someone PLEASE help me? Upgrading my lumia phone and the phone turned off. Now when I turn it on it just shows a frowny face. What do I do?

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Could someone PLEASE help me? Upgrading my lumia phone and the phone turned off. Now when I turn it on it just shows a frowny face. What do I do?

You will need to download the Windows recovery tool to your PC or laptop and restore 8.1 via USB. It's happened to me before. Something got corrupted during the update. The recovery tool will fix you right up!

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 925 TMoUS

Installed 10581 Fast Ring from 8.1 last night. Had to soft reset to get through "and it'll be worth the wait." Setup finished and Win10 seemed to work pretty well. This morning had configuration update. Installed without issues. Phone still good.

Decided to hard reset to try with a clean slate. Bad idea. Can't connect to Wi-Fi, can't connect with my Microsoft Account. I can make calls. I now have a dumb phone with a pretty face.

Reverting to 8.1.

Criminy, the post editor on this site is horrendous on Edge.
Works fine in IE with AdBlock Plus installed.

Last edited:

IcyPwnage

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Alright... Hard resetting my Icon now, hopefully "Hey Cortana" works after this...

I noticed that the default camera app was taking pictures in 1920x1080 instead of 16MP, not entirely sure what happened here, but hopefully the hard reset fixes that too.

Also, last night the messaging app crashed and kinda locked up the phone. The touchscreen was unresponsive for about 30 minutes and I had to soft reset the phone several times in order to restore functionality. (Hopefully the hard reset fixes this too...)
There were a bunch of updates to many of the apps this morning, so the fix for this issue may already be out, not sure on this one.

Not sure if anyone else can confirm this, but when rotating the phone to landscape mode in either direction, the screen flickers as though it is trying to rotate back to portrait. (Hard reset please save me :/ )

Bugs aside, this build is very snappy and is a pleasure to use.

regularguykc

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
So far this is awful with the new release. Here's a shot of my new Start menu.Build 10581 Mess.jpg It's barely usable, if this won't be fixed quickly, I will have to go back to 8.1. This is from an HTC One M8 that had been working will with the prior build.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So far this is awful with the new release. Here's a shot of my new Start menu.View attachment 115569 It's barely usable, if this won't be fixed quickly, I will have to go back to 8.1. This is from an HTC One M8 that had been working will with the prior build.

It's impossible someone not knowing that word famous start screen iussue and easy solution yet, after 48h the release.... XD A little googling, or reading the official Gabe notice... ;)

IcyPwnage

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
So far this is awful with the new release. Here's a shot of my new Start menu. *picture here* It's barely usable, if this won't be fixed quickly, I will have to go back to 8.1. This is from an HTC One M8 that had been working will with the prior build.

For this bug, my understanding is that you need to try and change the background picture to anything else (you can change it back to the original one after) and it should work

*ninja'd*
Well I did it for you...

regularguykc

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
For this bug, my understanding is that you need to try and change the background picture to anything else (you can change it back to the original one after) and it should work

*ninja'd*
Well I did it for you...

Thanks a bunch guys - that worked. I hadn't had time to google yet, and frankly, didn't know what term to describe it. I just woke up and saw the update and the mess, and had to get out and run a call, so no time to mess with it yet.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So far this is awful with the new release. Here's a shot of my new Start menu.View attachment 115569 It's barely usable, if this won't be fixed quickly, I will have to go back to 8.1. This is from an HTC One M8 that had been working will with the prior build.

If you are upset for the "post modern" start screen bug, the easiest to resolve,calm down and breathe... bugs are totally different.. welcome in real insiders world and have a nice Halloween ! PS: take it easy, I would like to have the post-modern start screen bug, I like it so much!

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Had a pretty good experience with this build so far on my L930, did the update (from 8.1), did hard reset, re-installed all my apps, set up my mail accounts etc. All good. Only thing I've noticed that's not as good as it was before is that Tetris Blitz seems to struggle a bit at times. Everything else seems fine, battery life may even be slightly better than 8.1, it's definitely not worse.

wp_ss_20151031_0001.jpg

regularguykc

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, that fixed it. Never seen that issue, just got up this morning and the update was already in, and this is what I saw. No time to Google yet, had to run and get to work.

IcyPwnage

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Welp... The hard reset got "Hey Cortana" working :) (just so that everyone knows)

The training was still a little finicky, but it eventually let me get 5 good runs of hey cortana down and now works as intended :)

On the Icon, has anyone else noticed it gets warm when in use? (it did this in 8.1 as well) I was playing minecraft on it the night before and it got hot enough to actually singe my hand slightly. Not sure if there is anything that can be done about it, but I thought I would mention it.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Used cortana on my 520 for dictation, calling, and answering messages. It's a big step foward the previous unusable build, but we are a lot far from Cortana experience on 8.1, even on a 512 MB best seller device

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans