Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Mark de Vries

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, just Installed 10581 on my 930 over the previous build. The build feels superfast and works likte a charm but unfortunately, the battery drains equally fast. I think It lasted 2 hours or so. Now It has fully drained I will charge it again to see how It reacts. Worse battery experience thus far.....:-(

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I had option of 3G only and 4G only on 10572 (Lumia 1520.3, Three UK). I'm currently hard resetting and restoring a backup, so I will have to check what options I have on 10581.

Apologies for the generalization, I skipped the last two builds and I just based my statement on replies to my query.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, just Installed 10581 on my 930 over the previous build. The build feels superfast and works likte a charm but unfortunately, the battery drains equally fast. I think It lasted 2 hours or so. Now It has fully drained I will charge it again to see how It reacts. Worse battery experience thus far.....:-(

Has the battery info in settings provided you any indication of what is using your battery? For me, I'm experiencing exceptional battery life with my 1520 on 10572 and 10581 is equal to my experience with Windows phone 8.1.

However, Microsoft edge seems to use a lot more power than IE11 on 8.1 does; possibly because it is physically capable of rendering a lot mroe, I dunno. On my battery monitor it was 93% of my power consumption, but only in-use. Background was taken up by Messaging + Skype and Outlook.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Apologies for the generalization, I skipped the last two builds and I just based my statement on replies to my query.

My restore is complete. I only have 3G and 4G options now, but 3G only and 4G only options were available on 10572. Perhaps when all my software updates are complete I may have additional options... I'll keep you posted.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
After a few days with this build, I do have ONE complaint about this build. Opening the notifications clears them before I have a chance to peek at them. Happens 90% of the time. But it's not enough to make me return my Icon to 8.1 or any other build

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Notifications are slow, especially with SmartGlass. Battery life is similar to 8.1, but not quite as good. Damn thing imported skype profile pics, not happy at that.

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
update for battery life:
with battery saving enabled, data on, location service off, my 640xl dual sim ( one sim enabled) used 3% from 22:00 to 8:45.
if I enabled air plane mode, then the same period it used 2% over night.

Tomhowe

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I didn't do a hard reset and it performs pretty great on lumia 520. I had one freeze that I had to soft reset it for when I launched the camera and took a picture really quickly but other than that it's been pretty perfect in terms of like... not crashing or being slow... which is a huge improvement since a couple builds ago

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
The SMS synching bug is still present on this build coming from 10572. Is there any workaround on this? Some of the sms sync but not all and its not synching on my other phone.

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
My girl's icon I reverted back to 8.1 way too many things going on.. Tried multiple troubleshoots. As for my 1520, like butter except for Cortana she can't be trained. The Battery is exceptional, the edge browser settings cannot turn to dark BG/white text. I have not really noticed any tap scroll issues yet either. Sms has minor issues as well.. the keyboard stays on when not needed on a page.

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
The SMS synching bug is still present on this build coming from 10572. Is there any workaround on this? Some of the sms sync but not all and its not synching on my other phone.

I know, this is major for me....I've tried installing it 20 different ways, and it just refuses to get my texts. I've tried syncing just one month, a year, any time, etc. It hasn't gotten a single one in 24 hours. Are there actually people getting all of their SMS messages to sync, and how the heck did they do it?

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
After my 8.1.2 got so laggy and got sick of ,,loading"-,,resuming" screens, i descide to hard reset it.. But before that i roll on insider and can't lie when i say this build is preety good. Here and there black screen and feel slower. It's like fps drops in FPS games. I think my battery is worse and that's proly it. I will get back and wait official relase.
Ps. Now i'm hyped, 10 look awesome!

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I finally got my Lumia 920 onto 10581. I had to revert to 8.0 in the process of restoring all my apps. So far I like it.

wrenfgun01

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I put my Lumia 1520 on the build and it was decent but still not livable. My primary issues:

OneDrive was duplicating photos.
A number of programs didn't offer alerts.

That's really it, but I don't see many advantages from using 8.1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon