Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

clarinsays

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing issue when turning the location using the notification bar? Mine freezes.. I've also done resetting the phone but still the same..

IcyPwnage

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
After playing with it a bit more, I would say that the hard reset has fixed the issues I listed on previous posts with this build. (specifically the training cortana one) Hey Cortana works for me now!
mytube beta still does not display video, but I submitted a bug report and the developer got back to me within 30 minutes to say that the next update should fix it.
Battery life appears to be comparable to 8.1, but I will need a full day of regular use to properly test it.

I put my Lumia 1520 on the build and it was decent but still not livable. My primary issues:

OneDrive was duplicating photos.
A number of programs didn't offer alerts.

That's really it, but I don't see many advantages from using 8.1.
Yeah, I noticed the duplicate files too, especially after moving the pictures I backed up before the hard reset back onto the phone (I only restored the saved pictures folder)...

Overall, very pleased with 10581 on my Icon!

Dreamchaser014

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the update and restarted to install the update but the installation process ended up with a big :-( -sign. It's been an hour but still showing the same. What should I do??

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I must be lucky as after an upgrade and reset I've got all my texts back, came from 10575. Glance issue is also resolved for me, I can turn the damn thing off cos I really hate it!

Can't comment on battery life as I only installed last night and reset today but I haven't really had major battery issues to be honest on my 925. Upgrade and reset was pretty quick and so far build seems smooth. Can't change icon 3 on quick actions still though, MSN Weather still not working with the lock screen and I still get 2-3 warnings a day about incorrect email settings on my accounts (Outlook for personal, Office 365 for work)

David Feldhaus

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm considering joining the Insider Preview to upgrade from WP8.1 w/Denim on my 1520 to W10M-10581. However, most of my apps are installed on an SD card (SanDisk Ultra 64gb) Are there any extra steps to prevent my SD card and app from not being recognized after the update? Or, do I have to empty the data on my SD card (after backing it up with OneDrive) prior to the W10M upgrade?

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
My wife's 1520 was doing the constant "SAVING" issue after taking photos while we were at the State Fair today so I had her let the update install while we were there.
Sadly her phone is still doing the "SAVING" issue even after the 581 update. Hmm...
My 1520 seems to be fine.
She might need a hard reset I think.

darthcircuit

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My wife's 1520 was doing the constant "SAVING" issue after taking photos while we were at the State Fair today so I had her let the update install while we were there.
Sadly her phone is still doing the "SAVING" issue even after the 581 update. Hmm...
My 1520 seems to be fine.
She might need a hard reset I think.

Mine is doing the same thing. It wasn't so bad later in the day, but the first several pictures i took after installing the update required a reboot in order to continue taking pictures. Soooooo annoying. I'm really hoping I don't have to hard reset my phone. I can't believe this is still a bug after all these years. Especially since it's worse now. I used to be able to just back out of the camera app, but now I have to reboot the phone all together to "fix" it.

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Can someone update if the only 3G setting is present, cos that was like the most wanted feature I am waiting for in Win 10. My work environment is such that 3G is a lil weaker than 2G and my Lumia sticks to 2G while my Samsung frnds enjoy 3G on the same carrier. I'll be really disappointed if after so many years the Only 3G option was pulled off again.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Can someone update if the only 3G setting is present, cos that was like the most wanted feature I am waiting for in Win 10. My work environment is such that 3G is a lil weaker than 2G and my Lumia sticks to 2G while my Samsung frnds enjoy 3G on the same carrier. I'll be really disappointed if after so many years the Only 3G option was pulled off again.

You will be disappointed then, at least with the current builds. Mee too btw.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Could those who also see the Camera "SAVING..." issue and also those who do not for sure comment on whether they store their photos to internal memory or SD card please? I'm saving to SD, which I inserted mainly for that purpose. It should be fast enough though as it is a SanDisk Extreme Plus 64 GB rated 90 MB/s writing speed.

I guess writing speed should not be the cause. But it seems there is still heavy work going on with the storage system as they also introduced the now broken redesigned storage sense in 10572, which I really liked due to its short processing times and nice layout.

toibkush

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to try 10581, but my L535 on 10549 is stuck on "Downloading Update 0%".

A soft reset didn't sort it. Actually I'm not sure this soft reset is even working - Volume Down+Lock is starting up Windows Feedback before the device reboots, really ****ing odd!

So I'm going to try hard reset, get it running with very few apps, put Insider on and then try again.

Having the same issues on my l925. And don't want to hard reset.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Short report from yesterday's outdoor session with this build on my 1520:

++ Rock solid! I did not suffer from any unwanted app crashes or reboots, where 10572 was really unusable. Seems to be not the case for everyone, so I hope MS finds the right tweaks to get it stable for all out there.
++ Guess I don't have to say to much about performance, will try my 820 later today to find out if it sees an equal boost.
+ Battery life is fine, at least as far as I can tell from that single session. But I would not yet say that it is on par with 8.1, maybe more like 75% in comparison. I took the camera issues and one reboot connected to it into account. However, most of the time I had my geocaching app open which has the same demand for GPS and display under W10M as under WP8.1 I guess. Having a look into battery usage, I have the feeling that the new Messaging app makes the difference, although I only used it for text messages yesterday, Skype just logged in.
- The camera issues as described earlier really have to be sorted out as they are a true show stopper. I had to wait in front of a group of people trying to take photos of the nice valley view while the Camera said SAVING... But I like the refreshed and nicely integrated UI.

As you can see I don't have too much complaints about this build. Just fix the known bugs, add some of big missing features from 8.1 and I'm going to be really happy!

Last edited:

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I'd love to try 10581, but my L535 on 10549 is stuck on "Downloading Update 0%".

A soft reset didn't sort it. Actually I'm not sure this soft reset is even working - Volume Down+Lock is starting up Windows Feedback before the device reboots, really ****ing odd!

Are you on Wifi? It refused to download when I was on 4G, but worked well on Wifi some minutes later. Also, while holding the keys to soft reset, don't care about what's going on in the meantime! ;)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
As already mentioned several times, the Lumia Camera App will be discontinued (You even get a message on your phone), so I think people should forget about that App (no matter how good it was....), and focus on Windows camera.

As long as they don't touch lumia 1020 and leave the lumia camera app there

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So many posts on this thread. Not reading :winktongue:

Installed 10581 yesterday (31st October)

• Downgraded to 8.1
  • Installed updates for 8.1
  • Installed a few apps especially those I needed like Here maps, refocus, 6tag, proshot etc
  • Synced messages
  • Did not restore backup
  • Installed core apps like Lumia camera and creative studio
  • Installed language packs, keyboard, dumped US english
  • Started process to upgrade to 10581
  • Got into 10581 after 45 minutes or so
  • Checked for updates, installed, restarted
  • Started changing settings while downloading and updating apps

Plus points
  • Video playback is smooth, especially for the 1080p videos recorded by my phone
  • Tiles like whatsapp can go wide again
  • Found why messaging wouldn't give me notifications - I had disabled it in background. Now working

Minus
  • Again refocus and cinemagraph don't work even though they worked in 8.1. Guess they have been discontinued
  • Storage sense doesn't work - known issue
  • Word flow still has issues - keeps missing words. Sometimes the letter "i" doesn't become capital. Short words like "the, there, we" are tricky and need manual typing

Items left for further checking
Haven't checked editing photos in bulk
Battery no idea

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
mine (640xl) was like that ( at 0%) for a quiet well, then suddenly start to download ....... if you have a good wifi, just wait

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
hmm finally installed latest build on my Lumia 640 from 10572 update process was quite snappy, download stuck on 0% for 2 hours then suddenly started to prepare for the Installation, then went well,

This build is quite stable well lot more smooth,

didn't encountered any serious Issue until Now,

Win 10 mobile becomes a solid OS !!! Soon we will get the Full Potential i Hope :)

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
When 10581 is first installed, it downloads app updates for at least an hour or two meaning it will get hot and run down quickly during this time. I left mine on charge while it did this. Once all the updates were done, it was fine, battery life may even be slightly better than when I was on 8.1, it's definitely not worse. I am on a Lumia 930 too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss