Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I have found that if I stop and cancel the auto updates, then search for them again and download individually it takes a lot less time - normally 10 minutes or so. Seems when left to it's own devices my 640 XL tries to run/queue several at once and it just slows the whole process down and gets the phone a little hot and bothered. Been using 581 over the weekend and it's nice and stable for me, no restarts and battery life is at least as good as 8.1 on my phone. No real irritations for me.

Florin Musetoiu

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Good but Win 8.1 is still the performance king, no delays nothing , now i get to see some delay when pressing on pinned contacts while on 8.1 it was instant. And still missing the full screen contact picture when calling or being called.

Dspopieux

May 25, 2014
Visit site
In my Lumia 520 it freezes completely after a certain number of apps staying in the background. Perhaps a memory issue but not entirely sure.
It also freezes when exiting photos app, or messeging app but again not sure about the cause. Each time i have to pull out the battery for it, because none of the hardware buttons working.

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
In my Lumia 520 it freezes completely after a certain number of apps staying in the background. Perhaps a memory issue but not entirely sure.
It also freezes when exiting photos app, or messeging app but again not sure about the cause. Each time i have to pull out the battery for it, because none of the hardware buttons working.

Confirm lumia 720 too. Yes, the most when open photos, message, people, and when got multiple notification. For lumia 720 restart using power+volume still works. But i think memory isnt the most reason, because my music still play, notification sound also, just the display freezed. But i dunno, random freeze. Imo

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

Sadly, i suspect this is probably just a function of the 512ram available on some older Lumias. I am only running it on phones with 1gb and not seeing any of that.

Praneel D kiD

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Confirm lumia 720 too. Yes, the most when open photos, message, people, and when got multiple notification. For lumia 720 restart using power+volume still works. But i think memory isnt the most reason, because my music still play, notification sound also, just the display freezed. But i dunno, random freeze. Imo

Dali_zizu

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Few things from my side:
LUMIA 925
- slower than 8.1 but OK (only after hard reset)
- glance screen working but app in store reports bug and can`t update
- all "live tiles" are actually dead ones, only facebook and amazing weather HD and calendar apps work for me, this is the most annoying bug for me
- battery currently better than 8.1, 15-16 hours since charging, left 55%, from it it was 8h overnight.
Dali
-

ffuria

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Almost all applications do not open anymore! This includes Phone, People, Messaging, Feedback, Store,Internet Explorer (Edge), Photo and Media applications!
My phone is now useless!

Yasharal Shalum

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
It is working well my on HTC one m8. It brought back the "knock on" feature. I was having issues with one of my outlook accounts and the new build fixed it along with some other issues. Honestly I was looking for a new phone when I decided to give the preview option another try. The latest preview convinced me to stay with WP. I don't want to spend the money on another phone right now. As far as the new build is concerned, I keep forgetting that it is a preview. It feels really close to finished.

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Took the plunge on my old 920 this a.m. Didn't hard reset, came off DP 8.1 Update1 cyan firmware. It's still downloading apps. Seems to work okay ( wifi only), we'll see how it goes. Not my daily driver. :sweaty:

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
So here we are. Build 10581, this is my fourth Build and it is at the point where I can finally recommend it to moderate Windows Phone fans as a daily driver.

In the last four Builds I would always say that it is "usable" but still hesitant to recommend it as a daily driver.

On my Nokia Lumia 822 the OS flies and I'd dare say it matches the speed we enjoyed in 8.1
I always thought the old hardware of the 822 is to be blamed but it is apparent to me now that it is not.

Loading.... Resuming screens? Begone!!!
Overlong splashscreens? solved, it's more like the 8.1 Calendar app now in terms of speed.
Crashing apps? Almost all solved. Happened to one or two apps. Nothing too glaring that would hamper your experience.
Blank Tiles? No more
Crashing when switching from the Camera app to the Photos app? All clear
Microsoft EDGE slow and crashing? I like it better now than IE11 on WP8.1, it was hella fast the other day when I did a bank transfer on 3G.
Delay when swiping the Action Center? Very smooth now.
Battery Life? I think it's similar now to what it was back in 8.1

Definitely the best Build so far and one that I can wholly recommend.

All is not perfect though and here are my personal quibbles.

People App - An essential app in keeping your contacts and I think it sucks compared to the 8.1 People App.
- It might actually be the slowest launching app of the bunch.
- I still hate the color background when viewing a contact.
- Contact picture takes a second to load when launching the app.
- Bland experience when swiping to groups.
- I can still feel some underlying bugs in the app.

The Store
- It actually performs really well and has an acceptable speed but still not up there with the 8.1 Store
- Most of my complaints for this app really is pure aesthetics. The old 8.1 Store is IMO designed to really make one enjoy browsing for apps and it does trigger my spending habits because I have purchased quite a handful of apps.
- I really wish they would bring back Panoramic swiping when looking between app categories.
- Checking for Updates takes about a minute, in 8.1 it was almost instant.

Finally, I find it baffling that the Messaging, Settings, Mail and Calendar app uses a grey background color instead of true black like before.

Still, Highly Recommended.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett