Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Download stuck at 45% did a hard reset before downloading the update and also the phones is connected to the charger while downloading.. Still no use.. Always this used to solve the problem for me :/

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Working very well on 640. Only strange thing is the storage, it doesn't show where to put new apps. Edge sometimes crashes. Daily driver material. Maybe overkill, but I have been doing a hard reset before and after the latest 2 and it seems to work fine for me.

vuljanic989

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I have big problem with photos,had it on previous build also....photos not showing up,only the one i took after the build install...on last build same problem but sometimes they showed up here and there...also in settings it only shows sd card as photos source

Cant change where to install apps photos etc..it all saves on sd apparently,when i tried installing whatsaap it gave me an error to install it on phone memory not sd,then it gave me option to force install on phone,so i managed to install it...last build had this options

One annoying problem on wp10,on every build i tried ia that system apps dont close on back press,why dont they solve that,so messaging,phone,settings and everything rearding system stays in backgroung,gotta kill them in task view

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
One annoying problem on wp10,on every build i tried ia that system apps dont close on back press,why dont they solve that,so messaging,phone,settings and everything rearding system stays in backgroung,gotta kill them in task view

Some say it is by design, others say it is a bug. I find it annoying too (see several post earlier in this thread or my separate thread). For me this behavior just fills up resources without any benefit and destroys overview in the task view, especially when the apps are reordered there according to their last usage. Coming from 8.1 it looks like a bug.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Then please check if the photos are really stored on the SD card or in OneDrive! Happened to me once with a build that photos were uploaded instead of stored to SD when I definitely never configured it!

MF910

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, to hear all that mate. I switched to 10581 on Lumia 1520 and it is the best build I ever had. It works absolutely fantastic, and it is snappy, reliable and ye cannot even compare it to the previous one.

Sincerely, it is the best one so far. No bugs, no rubbish: all good, mate.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Some say it is by design, others say it is a bug. I find it annoying too (see several post earlier in this thread or my separate thread). For me this behavior just fills up resources without any benefit and destroys overview in the task view, especially when the apps are reordered there according to their last usage. Coming from 8.1 it looks like a bug.

It's not a bug. It's a new feature. We don't like so we report daily via feedback service, hoping they reverse to previous way

Maceo3121

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded my Lumia 1020 from 8.1.....

The only major problem is that Edge doesn't work. I try launching it but then it immediately closes down?! Any ideas? I already tried a soft reset.

Thanks

cwords

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
On my Lumia 1520 it runs smoothly.

Bugs:
- One strange bug (also on the insider build before): With language set to "german", you cannot typ the letters "s", "r" & "u" in the url field in edge-browser. Switching to english works but that is not very usable for german costumers.
- motion data cannot be updated in store. Also new updates are not installed instantly, often only after looking for updates manually
- still no proper multitasking: sound/voice recorder cannot run in the background

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
- One strange bug (also on the insider build before): With language set to "german", you cannot typ the letters "s", "r" & "u" in the url field in edge-browser. Switching to english works but that is not very usable for german costumers.

Funny, for me the nonfunctional letters are q, u and s - with all keyboards I tried!

EDIT: You actually meant switching language to english, not just the keyboard?

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Came home after Halloween festivities last night and found I wasn't able to send SMS texts anymore. Soft reset a couple times with no success. Woke up this morning and it seems fine, but I may be hard resetting later on today...it's the weekend, so what the hell.

I also noticed there's no longer an option to save High-res JPG and RAW files, either with Lumia Camera or Windows stock. There's only 5MP JPG, 16MPJPG, or 5MP JPG + 16 MP RAW (Lumia Camera allows for 5MP + 16MP JPG as well). Not sure I like this...I did like having a high quality JPG and RAW file...

Petru Moldovan

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I also noticed there's no longer an option to save High-res JPG and RAW files, either with Lumia Camera or Windows stock. There's only 5MP JPG, 16MPJPG, or 5MP JPG + 16 MP RAW (Lumia Camera allows for 5MP + 16MP JPG as well). Not sure I like this...I did like having a high quality JPG and RAW file...
This has to do with picture form factor. Most probably your camera is 4:3 and 22MP, and when set to take pictures in 16:9 will result in 16MP.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
This has to do with picture form factor. Most probably your camera is 4:3 and 22MP, and when set to take pictures in 16:9 will result in 16MP.

I'm not talking about the amount of megapixels as it relates to ratios, as I understand that part.

Before this build (or perhaps 10572), I used to get an option to save a high MP JPG and a high MP RAW file when I took a pic. Now I can only get the low MP JPG and the high MP RAW.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion