Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
, but I may be hard resetting later on today...it's the weekend, so what the hell.

Let me know how your Icon handles build 10851 if you do a full hard reset. I am holding off on doing that....but it might need it.

Sometimes when you hit the back button......it does not go back to last screen.....and in task manager screen wont show where you just were but everything else. And sometimes when I hit back screen from the start screen.....it goes to an app i used awhile ago and not last app or page/screen.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Before this build (or perhaps 10572), I used to get an option to save a high MP JPG and a high MP RAW file when I took a pic. Now I can only get the low MP JPG and the high MP RAW.

I remember options 5 MP JPG / 5 MP JPG + high MP JPG / 5 MP JPG + high MP RAW. I'm glad that it is possible to save just the high MP JPG now (or 5 MP JPG + high MP RAW who likes this). But the high MP JPG now even contains the Living Images! :)

ryan2821

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Im not sure if this is a known issue but when on lockscreen im not getting any notification of an incoming sms.
no sound or vibrate,i have to press power to see the notification icon to know there is an sms.
works fine when phone isnt locked
Does anyone else have this and is there a fix.
Ive updated from 8.1 not done a hard reset Lumia 920

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The big question for me, is are text messages restoring on this build?

Has anyone who had the text message problem in the previous build installed this one and got a different result?

On my 1520 updated day before yesterday./ text messages restored fine. My only real issue is that edge is not working when I tap the live tile it starts and then goes back to the start screen so I cant go from Cortana to an article to use edge to search and Facebook is problematic. It would be nice if I could uninstall edge and reinstall but I don't seem to be able to do that/

fuad alqudah

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
On my lumia 1520
I upgraded to 10572 from 8.1 and it went fine at the first few hours , but when i tried to charge the battery there was no use . The battery was completely drained and the phone could not boot since then . I also tried to hard reset with no use . It's in the maintenance now , they told me it will need a part .
I hope build 10581 will be clear of such issues . .

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Earlier today my L1520 had a spontaneous crash/reboot. I asked Cortana to set a reminder using 'hey cortana" while the phone was locked. It seemed to work, but after I punched in the unlock code (forgot why I did that) the numpad disappeared and the phone got stuck on the lockscreen image. Without me touching anything it then crashed and rebooted after about 15-20 seconds. Not good! :(

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Edge and Here Drive stopped working for me.. Updated to W10M but I still cant install Saavn for some reason?.. Windows Phone Store crashes time to time.. everything else is working alright (Lumia 925 Tmobile) WIFI CALLING WORKS!

thomasrwakefield

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I Have HTC one M8 and video recording wont go above 60FPS in either 720p or 1080p. Are the higher end lumias doing the same thing (error 0xa00f425e) or is it just HTC driver maybe. this is on windows camera app.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
OK, upgraded from the last 105**, battery life is better (very noticeable), Hey Cortana working ? No idea, cant even find an option to turn her on. A few buggy issues, a few text messages open and it crashes the app, few crashes. My Microsoft band when I press the Cortana button, It asks if blue-tooth is on, but, I just received a notification about an email... and the list goes on and on..

Did a backup and will HARD reset and restore (need my accounts back to the way it was)...

Want Hey Cortana back, loved that feature when driving...

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey Cortana working ? No idea, cant even find an option to turn her on.
[..resisting the urge to make a joke..]

If you go settings and simply type Hey in the search bar, it should pop up, at least it does for me. The settings section then opens after an alarmingly big full screen cog symbol appears briefly.

Mahmoud Hussein

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok on my Lumia 925 build 10581 music won't scream on any sound cloud app but it works fine if I opened aoundcloud via Edge. Same with Videos, videos won't work on Instagram or any YouTube app but it works fine on Edge! Has anyone else faced something like that?

dda_k

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Installed this build few hours ago. So far so good. Foudn bug when you type 'ņ' in messages it opens new message. The battery drain is still there but noticable better than previous builds(I think it will get better after few days). It's fast, it's fluid. It's ready for daily use.

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Had to hard reset to get Edge working on L920 now Glance will not install. Facebook did its sync thing and the battery dropped like a stone. The battery behaved better before the reset. Glad this is no longer my daily driver.

As an aside I'd be more than happy to pay a buck or two for the Nokia apps that are no longer available. HERE City Lens sure was a nifty little app.

Other than that this is my first WM 10 TP on the phone and everything seems as quick as 8.1 with this build. Stripped down my apps so we'll see how this goes.

RealFrood

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to 10581 with a Lumia 930 Denim, Thai variant, but set to US. Here are my issues:

1) Hey Cortana is available in Settings -> Extras, but when I select it, it says that the feature is unavailable for my device.
2) I cannot dictate text messages by holding down the Search button launching Cortana in listen mode. It accepts the text, but crashes.
3) I can ask Cortana for directions by the same method in 2) however.
4) I cannot use my Band 2 for 2) or 3). It hangs.

These are the same things that happened to me in 10549. I understand that this is preview, but it's getting a little annoying. Maybe they are pushing people to get the 950?

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It's not a bug. It's a new feature. We don't like so we report daily via feedback service, hoping they reverse to previous way
As far as I can tell, the previous way (WP 8.1) was behaving really the same way. The only difference is that in WP 8.1 there were fewer apps that dropped to the background instead of closing. The apps I had in WP 8.1 which actually closed when using the back arrow still do that in W10M. Microsoft apps tend to be the ones that drop to the background.
As for using resources, what resources specifically? The memory whether it is empty or has something in it is no different. The memory controller will still refresh it. CPU cycles? If the app is dormant in the background it will not use CPU cycles. Battery power? Again, if the apps is dormant in the background it will not use battery power. Apps that are dormant in the background will activate faster than apps that need to load from flash memory and go thru their initialization. If the memory gets filled with dormant apps, Windows will close apps as needed to free up RAM for apps that are being launched.
The only thing is that the dormant apps add to the number of apps visible in Task Manager making it possibly a little harder to locate a certain app.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Let me know how your Icon handles build 10851 if you do a full hard reset. I am holding off on doing that....but it might need it.

So far, I'm not seeing much of a difference, performance-wise. I lost an app that's been pulled from the store, and the store wants to keep updating the same 36 apps. A soft-reset may have taken care of that...I'll see after they finish updating again. I restored from a backup - I may try again from scratch tomorrow if I notice anything else annoying.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to 10581 with a Lumia 930 Denim, Thai variant, but set to US. Here are my issues:

1) Hey Cortana is available in Settings -> Extras, but when I select it, it says that the feature is unavailable for my device.

Same thing here on a 929/ICON (after a hard reset)....Thought they said they fixed this feature ? Freaking annoying, I wanted this feature back.

Hey, here's one, I connected my ICON to my 10 PC, it gives a message on the phone "slow charging" but, a drive does not pop up on the PC now, as it always did. Any idea ?

Alfred Yeap

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
On my 1520 updated day before yesterday./ text messages restored fine. My only real issue is that edge is not working when I tap the live tile it starts and then goes back to the start screen so I cant go from Cortana to an article to use edge to search and Facebook is problematic. It would be nice if I could uninstall edge and reinstall but I don't seem to be able to do that/

you are installing on top of your current build now, so everything is there. If you hard reset and rolled back to 8.1 before you upgrade, it might not restore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750