Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

Alfred Yeap

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Update after a weekend with 10581 (920)

- Battery life is fine but not as good as 8.1 yet. I notice it drops quite a bit when I use the phone compare to when I was in 8.1. But it is not as bad, it is just a little bit more drains than 8.1
- Photos app is now superb. The latest upgrade fixed the folder view and seems faster, seriously
- Doing skype messaging in Text Messaging window see some lags
- SMS notification does not seem to work
- Whatsapp notifications mostly don't show up too. I never reinstall it so far.
- Flickr Central app - during photos upload selection, the selection screen does not work. It was like the Photos App selection problem in last 2 previous built. It is very hard to select multiple photos to upload.

Outlook, Calendar and MS Office all working fine and I just love them.
W10m is beautiful.
This build is great. Fast. Smooth - awesome to use.

**added: Google Photos works well in Edge. It was not working previously on IE!

Karen LePage

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Messaging kept crashing until I did a hard reset. Sometimes messaging still takes a while.

Finally the camera button opens the camera instantly. Not working perfectly to wake the phone as it used to (will check my settings to be sure that's not user error)

Edge still crashes and takes forever to load pages with video. Doesn't always play the videos, but waaaaaaay better than ie ever was.

In my app world: Wunderlist finally allowed itself to be installed ... Hallelujah

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
This build has the worst battery life for me @ 920. I don't even use the phone no phone calls or browsing , battery goes from 100% to Zero in 2-3 hours.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
This build has been buggier for me than the last build.

I have problems in messaging where the keyboard comes up, covers the message box and doesn't get key input. Also there are issues with notifications. Sometimes it doesn't notify and other time the notification count doesn't reset when it should.

Lock screen seems slower this build.

Apps often close when launched but will work the second attempt.

Lacking many good features that existed in WP 8.1.

Photo app was faster previous build. It slowed down again. Deleting photos is buggy. Sometimes trying to open a photo takes several seconds after touching the thumb nail.

Battery life is still quite good as was the last TP.

DarwinPurol

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Having this build on my 830, so far so good, smoother than before, few bugs that I found:

wp_ss_20151030_0001.pngwp_ss_20151101_0001.png
Resuming sometimes showing when opening message. That 6tag app shows as photos when trying to close an app.
wp_ss_20151101_0002.pngwp_ss_20151101_0003.png
Twitter icon is blank, Misaligned Store icon.
wp_ss_20151101_0004.png
Opera mini icon is blank too.
wp_ss_20151101_0005.pngwp_ss_20151101_0006.jpg
When going to all files, sometimes the background is faded white, sometimes nothing.

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I just updated my L635 from the last fast track update and my home screen was spazzing out with multiple artifacts and other display anomalies but it seems everything else is fine. Did a reset and home screen is fine now.

islehopper

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
[..resisting the urge to make a joke..]

If you go settings and simply type Hey in the search bar, it should pop up, at least it does for me. The settings section then opens after an alarmingly big full screen cog symbol appears briefly.

Yes, it's there but voice training broken (on 1520).

Last edited:

Cree Ray

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Me too on 830, everything fine, but none of the other browsers work. I have tried Opera, Maxthon, UC browser and others...they just don't start...they will be in the loading phase and then time out...Edge is good...but still...I love Opera...

other than that issue above, all is hunky dory with this build..happy :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This build has the worst battery life for me @ 920. I don't even use the phone no phone calls or browsing , battery goes from 100% to Zero in 2-3 hours.

Something must have been on like wifi or cellular. Check which apps can run in the background and disable them. I've only kept messaging on in the background and battery life seems great.

congthanhgiong

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
weird, opera mini works fine on my 1320 (no hard reset). So far, the battery is fine, just one day, something weird happened when the phone got drained so fast, from 100% to 0% in just a few hours though i had no Wifi or 3g turned on (phone was extremely hot then)

sharmaadheerk

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Just downloaded bulid 10581 yesterday from windows 8.1 on my Lumia 730. Phone is working fine till yet.
Here is some issue in this build, :
-Some apps icons is not showing like weather app, Grove music app, News app etc. .
-Some Apps often close when launched but will work the second attempt.
-Motion data setting is not working . Its showing blank screen after launch application.
-Battery life is fine but not as good as 8.1 yet.
-In certain apps,Not possible to hide navigation bar. and its setting is still missing.
-No option to change default search engine bing to google in ms edge browser.
-Windows store is too lazy to open completely.
-In storage setting there is separate option to save apps, download , music, picture etc but this is not working.
-Some apps live tile not working i.e. Health&fitness app, Weather app,
-Still no option to select connection speed as 2g/3g

I am happy with this build. I think the next one will be very close to RTM ready.

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Having this build on my 830, so far so good, smoother than before, few bugs that I found:

View attachment 115650View attachment 115651
Resuming sometimes showing when opening message. That 6tag app shows as photos when trying to close an app.
View attachment 115652View attachment 115653
Twitter icon is blank, Misaligned Store icon.
View attachment 115654
Opera mini icon is blank too.
View attachment 115655View attachment 115656
When going to all files, sometimes the background is faded white, sometimes nothing.

For me - Food & drink,Health & Fitness,News,Travel,weather etc are the apps with blank icons.The background fading that you mentioned,still the OS is having a problem with screen brightness.Sometimes it goes too bright and sometimes too dark.
Am not getting whatsapp notifications.
Other than that this build is very good ansd stable.

teng_m

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i have a couple of question about wm10 (any build). (sorry i'm not an insider. i don't have an extra phone to try it)
1. does OTG work? (microusb to usb onverter)
2. does any other Bluetooth gamead work or just moga?
3. can you plug in a xbox360 usb controller and use it?
4. can you use project my screen for forced continuum or it is only for 950/950XL only?

SaltCityBoy

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Battery life on new build is awesome for my L640. I managed to listen music for 10h, do some internet browsing and play few games and had 30% at the end of the day.
The most annoying thing is that messaging app is not working correctly, every time I want to read message it will crash after 1 second and Here drive is not working for me, everything is blue. ( 2 hard resets couldn't solve these issues ).

stargaterick1

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Have now downloaded 10581 on my Lumia 930 and I haven't done a hard reset.
Pros are :
Excellent battery life now ( over 30 hrs).
Lock screen to start screen practically instant.
No problem with wifi, Bluetooth or 4g
Messaging including skype video now excellent, no lag in video.
Ringtones and alarm tones changed. have extra.
As close to RTM as I could imagine.
Update went perfectly well, no hiccups, no extra waiting and now have Australian keyboard and voice.
Cons are:
None of the Here products will update. So cannot use any.
No Cortana or Here Cortana.
The ATO app will not update.
Lost some colours but got some others. ?
Lost my alarm tones that actually wake me up.

Update: All Here Products and ATO apps working.
Cortana now fully operational via a small update.
Have now got 29.7 hours battery life, this is even better than 8.1
And did I mention super fast for apps opening and lock screen going to start screen.

All in all I am very pleased with this build and personally feel it is as close to RTM as I could have.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb